Winnipeg’s Hank FM becomes K-Rock

Yesterday at 6 a.m., Winnipeg’s country music station Hank FM, at 100.7 on the dial, became K-Rock 100.7.

Playlist on the new station includes classic rock (Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Neil Young, and Van Halen); Blues (John Lee Hooker, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Howlin’ Wolf, Muddy Waters, and Eric Clapton); and stuff in between (Bob Dylan, Pete Seeger, Steve Earle).

But don’t call it a “Classic Rock” station, Newcap broadcasting, the owners of the station prefer “World Class Rock.”

Starting off the weekdays K-Rock will air the “Bob & Tom Show,” a syndicated US radio program featuring Bob Kevoian and Tom Griswold, followed by World Class rock for the remainder of the day.

“It’s an eclectic mix that has never been heard in our great city before. It is exciting to give the listeners of Winnipeg, truly a celebration of World Class Rock” Spoke General Manager Randy Skulsky.

Discuss in Digital Home’s Canadian AM/FM Radio forum.

Comments

7 Responses to “Winnipeg’s Hank FM becomes K-Rock”
  1. John says:

what happened to Hank? not impressed with new rock station.

2. Ron says:

Where’s My country music there is enough old rock stations

3. Robert says:

What happened to our nice country station that actually had a long play list, not the same 10 songs over and over. Not to mention the bluegrass and little know artists.
    Do we really need another Classic Rock Station We have 92 city and BOB 99.9.
    Give your heads a shake!

4. cheryle says:

Hi I’m really missing Hank FM. I was in shock when I turned on the radio and this new K-roc station was on. I thought my dial was on the wrong thing. I really miss Hank FM they were always so nice to people and the music was so nice to listen to during the work day. I would really like to see them come back.

5. steph says:

why did hank fm go off air ? why would they add another classic rock station we have how many already..its not even nessesary ..why would they not even say anything , just one day there was a new station. i miss hank so bad ..and k-roc sucks anyways all they do is just sit there and talk and hank hardly had any commercials and they played an assortment of country not the same stuff over and over again.. i think they should be back on air ..hank is irreplacable and that new station is crap by the way!

6. Ed says:

Very disappointed to learn 100.7 has changed formats – I enjoyed having another country station here that played some variety. Winnipeg has enough rock stations, we don’t need another…

7. ron says:

i dont miss hank at all, where can i get my k rock sticker for my truck. ps great morning show.