Season 7 of "24" Discussion - Page 9 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > What's On Television?

Old 2009-03-24, 07:58 PM   #121
canadalisten

Default Global on Demand online

I watch 24 online at globaltv.ca and today the latest episode isn't loading right. Anyone else have problems watching 24 online at globaltv.ca?
canadalisten is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2009-03-24, 08:34 PM   #122
Paully25

I'm not sure about watching the whole thing online, but the first bit worked for me. Does anybody know where you can find a preview for next week? I REALLY want to see one...
Paully25 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2009-03-25, 08:27 AM   #123
dosborne
Veteran

Location: Ottawa, ON - Sharp Aquos 52" LCD - Bell 9200, 4x5900, 3x3100, E50 DVD-R, Harmony 880, Garmin C550

I found this weeks episode boring. I wasn't paying attention as I was working on my laptop while watching, but fouind little reason to focus on the show. One of the worst this season IMO. Hopefully next week will be better.

Paully25 - You can always wait until next Monday, then you won't need a preview :-)
dosborne is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2009-03-25, 10:35 AM   #124
Tezster
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosborne View Post
I found this weeks episode boring. I wasn't paying attention as I was working on my laptop while watching, but fouind little reason to focus on the show. One of the worst this season IMO. Hopefully next week will be better.
Perhaps not as action-oriented as previous episodes, as a little more time was devoted to the political drama unfolding in the President Taylor segment of the plot, which I actually found quite gripping.

What I do find disappointing (for various reasons ) is not having agent Walker out in the field, but cooped up inside some FBI interrogation room instead.
Tezster is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2009-03-25, 11:06 AM   #125
MarcP
Veteran

I also find it annoying that nobody is cluing in that there are still several leaks. Agent Moss isn't even asking how Quinn knew which hospital the senator's assistant (forgot his name) was. And how he got to trace Jack's location twice. I know he worked under the assumption that Jack was behind all this, but his mind is being changed right now. Wouldn't that be a logical question to look into?
MarcP is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2009-03-25, 12:42 PM   #126
dosborne
Veteran

Location: Ottawa, ON - Sharp Aquos 52" LCD - Bell 9200, 4x5900, 3x3100, E50 DVD-R, Harmony 880, Garmin C550

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcP View Post
Wouldn't that be a logical question to look into?
Perhaps next week I'm sure it will all come back in future episodes.
Old 2009-03-25, 12:54 PM   #127
MarcP
Veteran

But it's not just about Moss. It's also the White House leak to the press. The president's daughter played her role well to divert the blame and then everybody walked away satisfied. But what about the fact that the info still got leaked in the first place? Nobody seems to be worried about that...
MarcP is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2009-03-25, 05:20 PM   #128
asif9t9
Veteran

So Jack had some kind of gas leaking and he just went in there to turn it off?

John Voigt is still stealing scenes. His one-liners are too funny. Something about assasination being a growth market.

And I like how the forklift guy was still busting his butt to load the container even though he was shot. What a trooper!!
asif9t9 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 2009-03-25, 06:17 PM   #129
MCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif9t9 View Post
So Jack had some kind of gas leaking and he just went in there to turn it off?

John Voigt is still stealing scenes. His one-liners are too funny. Something about assasination being a growth market.

And I like how the forklift guy was still busting his butt to load the container even though he was shot. What a trooper!!
John Voigt's character is becoming legendary already,his lines are brilliant.
MCI is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2009-03-31, 12:14 PM   #130
Paully25

Thoughts on last night's episode? Do you think Jack is seriously ill???
Paully25 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2009-03-31, 12:48 PM   #131
Larry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paully25 View Post
Thoughts on last night's episode? Do you think Jack is seriously ill???
Jack's blood will be used to create a cure in just 6-7 hours. The last episode, we will see Jack on the ground, having convulsions from the poison. The series will end with the medic on route with the antidote. Tick tick tick.
Larry is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2009-03-31, 02:04 PM   #132
DdDave

Quote:
Jack's blood will be used to create a cure in just 6-7 hours.
Or how about: When Jack has only 1 hour left to live, they will hack into the computers at the Starkwood compond and find a highly encrypted file called "antidote" that will take 1 hour to crack... tick tick tick...
DdDave is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2009-03-31, 02:09 PM   #133
hockeymancw

I find it odd that the 24 wrote President Palmer as the first black president, and he made all the right decisions; but the first women president makes all the wrong decisions. Seriously, having her daughter be chief of staff? Wasn't she selling real estate only a few episodes earlier?
hockeymancw is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2009-03-31, 05:33 PM   #134
asif9t9
Veteran

I love how it's business as usual at 11pm at night when they all thoguht the threat was over.

And what % of Starkwood workers were in on this plan to kill Americans using Juma? Seems like to so many, and any could have blown the whistle.
asif9t9 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 2009-04-01, 08:36 AM   #135
dosborne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymancw View Post
I find it odd that the 24 wrote President Palmer as the first black president, and he made all the right decisions; but the first women president makes all the wrong decisions.
Similar to Star Trek. Any episode that the Enterprise is severely damaged, there is a woman in charge. (I'm just pointing it out - I'm not making a statement against the abilities of women )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.