GH "Gold Standard" for UHF (Plans, Notes by j3d) - Page 8 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Over-The-Air (OTA) Digital Television > Antenna Research & Development

Digital Home Helpful Information

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-20, 07:27 PM   #106
keef

Thank you 300ohm. I appreciate it. That's gives me something to look at.

FWIW: 4nec2 gave me some errors (radius messages, etc.) when I downloaed and ran the GH6 nec file, and for some reason the results in the pattern window were different than I was used to (arrows stepped across angles instead of frequencies).
I created a GH6 geometry from scratch (using a spreadsheet) and managed to get it to behave. Anyway, that's how I got here. I didn't download the GH10 file; I'll do that too (in addition to the EX suggestion).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2009-04-04, 01:41 PM   #107
stampeder
OTA Forum Moderator

Default Thread closed due to its size - read these instructions :)

If you have any questions about j3d's build plans for the GH Gold Standard versions please post in the main Antenna Research & Development Forum with a brief thread title that is descriptive of your technical question.

Is this the right antenna for me?
The Gold Standard represents a major refinement to the Gray-Hoverman antenna design, and the already great performance is now more adaptable to specific channel requirements of the builder. People who need the best performance, whether over the entire UHF band or maybe for only certain groups of UHF channels, will want to examine the various design studies of this antenna done by j3d to suit their needs.

Last edited by stampeder; 2009-04-05 at 02:52 AM.
Closed Thread