Shaw TV Guide Using Favourites - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Communications > Shaw Cable

Old 2008-08-25, 07:43 PM   #1
upsider13259
Rookie

Exclamation Shaw TV Guide Using Favourites

Hello all! (long time reader, first time poster)

Is there any way to use the Channel Guide while having it default to a favourites list?

I am trying to load my favourites list using the 'Guide' button rather than through the 'Settings' button.

Thxs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2008-08-26, 11:22 AM   #2
mattthemiller

Not really a work around, but press guide twice, then on the sub menu select "heart" and "OK" twice. Next time you try, the heart will still be highlighted so to get to your faves is: Guide, Guide, OK, OK.
That is the quickest way I have found.
Now if I can only find out how to edit my favourites list!!!!
Old 2008-08-26, 12:56 PM   #3
Shaw Guru
Veteran

Location: BC. Shaw Cable, 42" Samsung DLP, 6416 w/expander & DCX3400

Once you set up your favorite list all you need to do is press guide once then the FAV button and it will instantly change to your favorites list.

To edit your favorites go into the main menu and select setup and then select Favorite List Setup and you can modify it in there.
Old 2008-08-26, 03:25 PM   #4
upsider13259
Rookie

Thank you to the both of you!!
Old 2008-08-26, 06:20 PM   #5
stationg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw Guru View Post
Once you set up your favorite list all you need to do is press guide once then the FAV button and it will instantly change to your favorites list.

To edit your favorites go into the main menu and select setup and then select Favorite List Setup and you can modify it in there.
In a guide grid like format?
Old 2008-08-26, 06:26 PM   #6
Shaw Guru
Veteran

stationg: what you need to do is press guide and then press the FAV button and it then populates the list with just your favorite channels. If you have multiple FAV list pressing it again goes to the next list, etc until you get back to guide. It displays all your FAV channels just like the guide does.
Old 2008-08-27, 10:30 AM   #7
mattthemiller

Doh,
Never thought of that, I have no fav button as I removed it (Harmony) for simplicity, I shall reprogram the remote to add that functionality and all will be good.
Thanks Guru
Old 2008-08-27, 08:30 PM   #8
stationg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw Guru View Post
stationg: what you need to do is press guide and then press the FAV button and it then populates the list with just your favorite channels. If you have multiple FAV list pressing it again goes to the next list, etc until you get back to guide. It displays all your FAV channels just like the guide does.
How do you edit your favorites list or delete or make a new one? Gosh so difficult to navigate. If you never told me I would have never known you could do it that way-thanks!
Old 2008-08-28, 11:34 AM   #9
Shaw Guru
Veteran

To edit/add/delete your favorites go into the main menu and select setup and then select Favorite List Setup and you can modify or add new Favorite lists in there. You can go in and add new channels as well to your lists. Basically you can costomize your list to only include things like: channels you subscribe to, sports channels, FAV set of channels. I think you can create up to 7 lists.
Old 2008-09-16, 01:18 AM   #10
buster3535
Rookie

Instead of adding each favorite channel to this list, I use it as an index. If I added all my favorites to this list, it will get too big so I just index the first channel of a block of channels that I'll watch, like the 40's.

Off the top of my head, I have channels 2, 29, 40, 118(golf?), 200, and 401 as my favorites.

So if I want to jump to the high def channels, I'll just hit GUIDE > FAV > scroll up 2x to 200 then hit FAV again which takes you back to the full guide but starting from 200.

It probably is easier just to punch in 2-0-0 but I find it convenient and actually faster as I can do it without having to look down at the remote.
Old 2011-10-17, 05:09 PM   #11
mothman
Rookie

New guy here, and sorry for bumping such an old thread, but couldn't find a newer one that was related, and didn't want to start a new thread for my basic question...

Pressing the Favorites button on the remote (without first going into the guide) allows me to cycle through the channels entered into the Favorites list.

However, I've created 2 lists... on for Kids programming, one for Sports. When I press Favorites, it cycles through the Kids channels only. Is there a way to get it to switch to the Sports list when I want?
Old 2011-10-18, 01:04 PM   #12
Shaw Guru
Veteran

Usually you would just press Guide once Then pressing FAV would allow you to cycle through the regular guide, FAV list 1(kids) and FAV list 2(sports).
Old 2011-10-18, 01:20 PM   #13
mothman
Rookie

Yeah, I knew I could do that.

I was just wondering if there was a way to switch without hitting GUIDE first.

ie. just hitting Favorites allows me to cycle through the channels of the first Fav list (each press of the Fav button takes me to the next channel on the list). Was just wondering if there was a way to cycle through, in that manner, into the 2nd list.

I played around last night and it doesn't appear to be possible.
Old 2011-10-18, 01:28 PM   #14
Shaw Guru
Veteran

not that i have been able to determine.
Old 2011-10-18, 01:53 PM   #15
mothman
Rookie

Thanks.

Tags
shaw