Fox Digital Copy problems with Juno and AVP - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Portable Electronics: Digital Cameras, Camcorders, ebook Readers, iPods, MP3 Players and GPS

Old 2008-04-15, 03:19 PM   #1
Fstevens

Default Fox Digital Copy problems with Juno and AVP

Well my digital copy of Juno cannot be redeemed because when I enter the code, I get the message "This product is not available in the Canadian store." Am I doing something wrong?
Fstevens is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2008-04-15, 03:28 PM   #2
hugh
Member #1

Same thing here.

So who does one complain to? Fox or Apple?
Old 2008-04-15, 04:15 PM   #3
cooper83
Veteran

Quote:
So who does one complain to? Fox or Apple?
Both, I say!
Old 2008-04-15, 04:21 PM   #4
darrylr
Veteran

Well Ellen Page is Canadian - shouldn't that count?

I guess there was that whole discussion whether the movie was "Canadian content".
darrylr is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2008-04-15, 04:25 PM   #5
hugh
Member #1

Went to Fox Digital Copy site
Quote:
Q: How do I contact Customer Support?
A: You call us Toll Free (866) 520-6606, or fill out our web form in our Support section. You may also review the Support section to find answers to common questions.
Number doesn't work!
Old 2008-04-15, 04:43 PM   #6
whitbyterry

I bet that it isn't licensed for Canadians but they never bothered to do anything about it, figuring only a few people would try it. We always get shafted it seems.
whitbyterry is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2008-04-15, 04:46 PM   #7
calvin940
Veteran

Will buying it from a US retailer allow the copy? I am unfamiliar with how the copy stuff works (and the redemption).
calvin940 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2008-04-15, 04:52 PM   #8
hugh
Member #1

Contacted the PR folks for 20th Century Fox in Canada and will let you know.

I was able to unlock Hitman Unrated which is a Fox title so I have a feeling this is just an oversight but the question is who's fault: Fox or Apple?

The following is my first misadventure with Digital Copy

Hands On with Digital Copy and Hitman Unrated
Old 2008-04-15, 06:47 PM   #9
bigoranget
Veteran

I have sucsessfuly used digital copy on the following movies

Family Guy Blue Harvest
Hitman Unrated
Live Free Die Hard Unrated

I really hope this is an oversight and not the start of it not being available to Canadian's I'm getting sick and tired of waiting, waiting and more waiting for features and services to be available here.
bigoranget is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 2008-04-15, 07:09 PM   #10
hugh
Member #1

When I spoke to the PR person, they felt it was just an oversight and that Canadians should be able to get it. I'll report back when I hear
Old 2008-04-15, 08:13 PM   #11
99semaj
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh View Post
Went to Fox Digital Copy site

Number doesn't work!
I'm in the US today; the number works from here.
They were not very helpful though, saying it "should work" and that I need to call Apple support.

Hmm...
Old 2008-04-16, 12:53 AM   #12
dilly444
Rookie

Default Figured It Out

Hello Fellas,

I figured it out.

I was really pissed when I could'nt get the damn thing to work. After all, I bought the damn thing... And to live in Canada and buy it? Sqreeeew that. BTW Blue Harvest Worked on My Canadian Account, what the hell gives? I also tried to contact FOX, and yeah it figures, the number doesnt work. Tried the apple forums, and it links you to the FOX website.

I just registered to tell you this. I too was very frusterated with the fact I payed for something and couldn't access it. I looked everywhere, and tried to come up with the conclusion to try to crack the software somehow, (The code just unlocks an unlocker from itunes to download it off the DVD you have.) It's like your paying to have your product behind a jail cell, and apple (which i called twice) to say you cant do anything about it... ********.

Okay Enough about that. It's easy.

Go to Itunes, Log out of your Canadian Account open a new one make sure your user is in the united states. Dont register a credit card. It will give you an option for this. Git er done with the download (same as instructions inside the DVD list). You may be thinking... "But this file is only for this account." It's downloaded into your comptuer... just search for "Juno." you will find the m4v file. Drag it to the desktop er whatever you want. Log out of the American Account and go Back into yours. its as easy as drag and drop.

Hope this helps...
dilly444 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2008-04-16, 04:37 PM   #13
Fstevens

Thanks Dilly444 for your suggestion. Tried it but when I try to open a U.S. account I need an American address. How do I get around that?
Fstevens is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2008-04-16, 04:43 PM   #14
hugh
Member #1

you fake it. Unless you have to have it today, you may wish to wait a few days to see if Fox and Apple fix the problem or at least we confirm that it is intentional.
Old 2008-04-16, 05:31 PM   #15
nicohockey9

Wow this really sucks. I hope it comes soon to Canada. Is there some law here against owning digital copies of a movie? I meen there are so many movie download placed for legal downloading in the states. Why none here?
nicohockey9 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.