The DPP44 switch - Page 14 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Satellite TV Hardware Installation Forum

Old 2011-01-14, 07:44 PM   #196
markb

I am a current Bell TV subscriber with everything installed, including a 9242. How would I go about getting a DPP Twin LNBF from Bell? Would my local dealer have them and be willing to install one or do I have to go through Bell to get one?
markb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2011-01-14, 08:18 PM   #197
Pinza
Veteran

Neither, officially. Bell will not sell you one, your best bet is to search on-line either at an auction site etc.
Pinza is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-01-17, 09:15 AM   #198
Stoich
Rookie

Default I havve a DPP twin or Leagcy Quad LNB.. I think that is the same thing

Hi all, I have a Legacy quad LNB which I think is the same as a DPP twin. I need help setting this up. I cant catch any signal I can catch both sats 91/82 seperate with a single LNB so pointing aint an issue. But once I take off the Single LNB and replace it for the quad I lose signal. Now I think my problem is I don't have a DISH VIDEOPATH POWER INSERTER running from the cable in the house to my receiver. Is this all I need to get this to work. Its my understanding that you need this to power the quad lnb because my receiver isn't strong enough. Please help.

Thanks inadvance for any replies.
Stoich is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-01-17, 09:49 AM   #199
Pinza
Veteran

Quote:
I havve a DPP twin or Leagcy Quad LNB.. I think that is the same thing
I posted an image in the other thread that you posted this same question.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=16447

Have a look at posts 560 onwards where I replied to you.

They are NOT the same thing at all. Neither require a separate Power Inserter to work. From what we talked about on that thread it sounds like you have a defective LNBF or port on it.
Old 2011-01-17, 10:04 AM   #200
Stoich
Rookie

Pinza, the picture you posted is the quad that I have. I'm not sure that its defective because my neighbour has the exact same quad and I tried his and got nothing as well. Could it be because the lnb is not getting enough power from the recicever and i do need the power inserter to get this to work. I seen some posts where people have said they would get no signal without it.

Thanks again Pinza.
Old 2011-01-17, 10:09 AM   #201
Pinza
Veteran

My understanding and I admit it has been a long time since I used a Legacy Quad is that they are powered by the Receivers and need no Power Inserters.

Ask your neighbor if HE has a Power Inserter and as you have tried his Quad on your Dish, try your Quad on his Dish, at least then you will know if yours works.

Also see how many receivers he has connected, maybe it requires power from more than 1 receiver to work but I doubt it.

EDIT: Why are you considering the Quad.? Why not look at another alternative, let me know what models and how many of each and I might be able to point you in a better direction.
Old 2011-01-17, 10:22 AM   #202
Stoich
Rookie

I was planning on setting up multiple tv's in the home, and wanted to avoid running less cables. So if I went out and got a sw44 switch and ran 2 single lnb's 1 for 91 and 1 for 82 I could get what I want correct? I do have at home 2 single dual lnb's where I could run 4 lines. My only problem is that I would have to connect my sw44 switch in my attic thats where all my cables meet. My only other question is does the sw44 have to be pluged in to hydro?? They have a SW44 switch at my local source for 75 bucks is that to expensive?
Old 2011-01-17, 10:47 AM   #203
Pinza
Veteran

The Attic if great for the SW44, it keeps it away from the weather. Yes it requires Power but that can be fed from behind any one of the receivers using the Power Inserter. The only stipulation is, that Power Inserter MUST be on the line that feeds for Output Port #1 at the SW44.

Check this out;

EDIT;

$75 is pretty good, they are $150 from Bell, plus in the event of a failure down the road, it will be MUCH easier to get another SW44 that a Legacy Quad LNBF.
Old 2011-01-17, 11:46 AM   #204
peano
Veteran

The legacy quad does not need a power inserter. Did you run a check switch Stoich when trying the legacy quad?
peano is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-01-17, 12:01 PM   #205
Stoich
Rookie

Thanks for the diagram Pinza. The only problem for me is I dont have a cable going back from my receiver to the sw44 so I could plug in the inserter.

Peano, Yes I did a chack switch but nothing comes up because I have no signal. I do need a signal first so that the check switch would work right??

Not sure what to do with this quad LNB????? I give up trying to get it to work.
Old 2011-01-17, 12:17 PM   #206
Stoich
Rookie

never mind on my last comment wasn't reading diagram properly. Can i install the sw44 switch outside if I want too?
Old 2011-01-17, 12:48 PM   #207
Pinza
Veteran

Sure, they are made for mounting at the Dish.

I used different colored cables from each LNBF for clarity.
Old 2011-01-26, 01:54 AM   #208
SolidState

Pinza that back plate isn't designed to hold SW44!!! It's for two SW21s brother!!! The SW44 is HEAVY and to hold it like that with one screw is HAYWIRE and POOR IMHO!!! Why would anyone place the SW44 at the dish location anyway in the first place!!!
SolidState is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-01-26, 02:05 AM   #209
SolidState

I also have to add that the diagram is also wrong in terms of what port is what... the have the ports to LNBs and receivers backwards (left to right) as well as where port 1 is relative to the ground screw (up to down)... READ THE STICKER/LABEL and not that HORRIBLE diagram!!!

That STUPID HORRIBLE dyslexic diagram has screw many a many installers... ROTFL

PS I guess back in the factory in China the decided to orientate the stickers/labels upside down/right side up on different revisions? It's weird as they seem to want the heat to rise up in a certain orientation that if stickered like that diagram would be backwards... STRANGE
SolidState is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-01-26, 07:38 PM   #210
Pinza
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidState View Post
Pinza that back plate isn't designed to hold SW44!!!
Actually that backplate is the EXACT one supplied by Bell TV for mounting an SW44 at the Dish. I know you do not have X-Ray eyes but there is a 2nd screw at the top right holding the SW44 quite firmly on the bracket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidState View Post
It's for two SW21s brother!!!
No the bracket for 2 x SW21's is much longer.

Tags
dpp, dpp44, separator

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.