Starchoice Remote URC550 Audio Control with LG - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Direct (formerly Star Choice)

Old 2008-01-01, 11:40 PM   #1
Slice235
Rookie

Default Starchoice Remote URC550 Audio Control with LG

I am unable to setup my Starchoice Remote URC550 to control the audio on my new LG LH-E922PB surround sound system. I was able to setup the remote to power on and off the LG system as well as my Sharp LC-46D64U LCD screen. I have entered the 308 code as outlined in the remote manual with no success. Would anyone know another code that would work to control the audio on the LG system. Also tried auto search for the code, with no success. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Looking to reduce the number of remotes and control by my Starchoice box, TV, and LG
DVD / Surround Sound system with the Starchoice Remote URC550.

Thanks
Slice235 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2008-01-02, 03:43 AM   #2
Cinoche

Try the Goldstar codes. Goldstar is LG's former name. I tried it once with a customer, and it worked.
Cinoche is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2008-01-02, 05:03 PM   #3
ARR

Default LUCKY for you...

The LG is short for Lucky Goldstar, hence the previous post reference to them.
ARR is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2008-01-04, 01:35 PM   #4
Dog Byte

According to my IRC550 manual (available online at StarChoice) the code for an LG-GoldStar Receiver/amp is 036. The code for an LG CD player is 308.

(The IRC550 manual seems to be the right one; all the others show a different remote with different programming instructions.)
Dog Byte is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2008-01-05, 01:08 AM   #5
Slice235
Rookie

Thanks for the assistance. The Starchoice IRC550 manual does show the LG as Goldstar, but with the code 308 that does not work. The code 036 also had no effect controlling the volume on the LG unit. The audio cable from the Starchoice feeds to a splitter box (as there is only 1 audio input in the LG) and from the splitter box into the LG unit. The audio works fine, so I don't think this would have any affect on the remote control of the LG audio with the Starchoice remote. Looks like I am back to square 1.
Slice235 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2008-01-05, 01:40 AM   #6

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD

You may wish to get a programmable remote like the Harmony or similar. Many HTiBs cannot be controlled by these universal remotes, although some can.
Old 2008-01-05, 04:46 PM   #7
Dog Byte

Just to ask the obvious, at the top of the remote there are 5 white buttons: AUDIO, AUX, DVD, TV, SAT. When you press the VOL button which white button lights up? Do you press the AUDIO button before pressing the VOL button? When SAT is selected the default for the volume is TV.

For convenience the VOL can be remapped so when the remote is talking to the SAT the VOL is still talking to the AVR. The top white buttons always light up to indicate where a command is being sent.
Dog Byte is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.