VCR, DVD Player, Rogers DTV E940 SD box connection - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Rogers Communications > Rogers Cable TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2007-09-02, 07:31 PM   #1
sannathan

Default VCR, DVD Player, Rogers DTV E940 SD box connection

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum.

My old SD set-top was not functional and the Rogers technician connected the new box. The S-Video out has been connected to the TV. TV reception is excellent. I am able to hear the cassette player on TV1 but cannot see the picture and the DVD sound can be heard but the picture is very bad. How do I connect all three so that I can watch one channel and record another on the VCR.

This box connection diagram is not found elswhere or I have not been able to search?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2007-09-03, 11:32 AM   #2

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD

See: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=17709

The DVD player should be connected totally separately from the other items. I assume you have enough inputs on the back of your TV, if not, you may need to purchase the appropriate switch to feed two devices into one input - for example, via a composite or S-video switch, which also handles the audio. Remember that for S-video and for composite video, you also need to connect the red/white analogue audio cables to the same input that the video cable is connected.