Why does everyone hate Bose? - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Home Theatre Corner

Old 2007-06-11, 11:56 AM   #31
Al58

Actually Johnny G, you can goto Bestbuy and they have a bunch of stuff adjacent to the Bose display.

I also went to a Bose/Klipsch dealer in Calgary and the guy hooked up a Cinema 6 running of a Panasonic amp, then ran the AM-10 setup off the same amp. They were pretty much the same sounding system.

When he ran the Cinema 8 off the same source it was noticeably better and I dont have to tell you what the cinema 10 was like...but they are a much bigger speaker.

You are right in that its best to let your ears decide. The Bose haters will instantly say a Klipsch Cinema 6 will blow away a Bose AM10 setup, just because they are Bose haters and respect the name of Klipsch more. But my listening experience said they were basically the same system, while the Bose was more expensive.
Advertisement

Old 2007-06-12, 12:22 AM   #32
mrhooie

Quote:
As mentioned in another post above, the problem is - and this is where the marketing kicks in - you can't! Bose's dealer agreement forbids it. You must have a dedicated Bose area with no other brands directly around it.
interesting. the AudioTronic dealer here in town has a few displays with Bose and other products heads up
Old 2007-09-10, 10:30 PM   #33
wayner99

Default Bose- really?

Friends don't let friends buy Bose.
Old 2007-09-11, 12:10 AM   #34
SONYWEGA

I don't hate BOse or Monster Cable; I just find them to be a rip off. The basic Bose system is $1500 bucks. You get two tiny speakers and a sub, and processing unit that supposedly going to make it sound like a true surround sound. They sound okay if you only use them to watch movie, but if you use them to listen to music, they sound pretty crappy for the price you pay. You can piece together a much better system for $1500.

Their high end sysetms cost somewhere in the neighbourhood of $4000 bucks. Crazy.

Monster, another rip off, especially when it comes to optical and digital coaxial cables. Monster charges $150 bucks for an optical cable, can't remember the length, 12 feet or something like that. But in any case, it's a rip off.

To answer your question, i don't know why people Hate BOSE or MONSTER. I don't hate them, I just don't buy them.
Old 2007-10-27, 07:26 PM   #35
Audiophile

No highs, no Lows, Must be Bose!

Way over priced, Company spends huge $ advertising mediocre quality.
Old 2007-11-21, 10:40 PM   #36
Lynx281

Bose is decent, just really expensive! The marketers of Bose are retards, a good chunk of their market know that quality doesn't necessarily come with price. Besides at a music store like Long and McQuade you can get stuff like an optical cable of Bose or Monster quality for $20.
Old 2007-11-22, 10:51 AM   #37
JKL1960

I dislike companies who basically rip people off with promises and claims that they don't really deliver. I dislike Bose because they price themselves with better equipment yet deliver entry level performance.

A few years ago I auditioned a Bose setup in a special theater room in a Bose store. To me the sound was poor quality. The system didn't image well. The best description is that the sound was splattered across the whole front of the room. The guitar sounded 15 feet wide. Nothing resolved to a point. There was sound everywhere. It was very much like dynamically compressed audio. It was totally unimpressive at the price they wanted (close to $4000). I thought the sound competed better with HTIBs priced from about $500 to $1000. I didn't have the heart to tell the salesman that my car, with its Alpine Type X speakers, sounded much, much better.

With a $4000 budget you can get some very good sound. If you want small bookshelf speakers you can do well with $1000.

Bose just don't deliver performance that matches their price. It's like getting a Neon for the price of a Crossfire.