Does BEV really have the "most" HDTV channels ? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Digital Industry Forums > Television Industry / Channels and Providers

Digital Home Helpful Information

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-27, 04:29 PM   #1
legacy

Default Does BEV really have the "most" HDTV channels ?

BEV states on there web site they have the most HD . seems others have past them on this. Rogers cable claims 38 channels in HD. Seems BEV has fallen behind again. Still waiting for National Geographic HD ,Showcase HD Score HD. Also behind on SD channels too. Like TCM ,AMC, Military Channel, Bloomberg ,MSNBC . I have called and emailed expressvu so many times I have lost track in asking to get these channels added. Do other members call or email requests for these channels ? Maybe we need to get on BEV with a call in or email campaign like was done to get Fox News added.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2007-03-27, 04:36 PM   #2
ARR

Exclamation All marketing hype!

You could claim the MOST, but maybe 1 is for Satellite and the other is for Cable!

What about those that claim the MOST FREE HD chanels, or some other incarnation?

A what point is enough, enough.

I can select from over 1000+ channels and I watch less than 10!

And do those channle have to be on full time?
Pretty easy to make a bunch of virtual channels and light them up for a few hours a day when some event comes on.

Maybe the true test is the numbers of HD hours programmed per week, independent of the number of chanels.
Old 2007-03-27, 05:33 PM   #3

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=58905