Firmware V149 for 9200 - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Satellite TV PVR, HD PVR and HD Receivers

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-07, 03:20 PM   #46
Satdan

One other thing that I noticed (other than the big improvement with PIP) is that now when you are in the guide and you punch in a new channel number it goes to the guide for that channel much faster. For me at least, there would be a noticeable lag in the guide when changing numbers.

D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2007-03-07, 05:08 PM   #47
japroach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogman View Post
I noticed the same thing last night when I got home. I thought it was malfunctioning (well, the warranty is up). After poking around I noticed the new firmware and thought nothing more of it. After all, "fan on" = "cooler unit".

The fan wasn't running this morning.
Interesting, mine stayed on over night but after unplug/replugging its off again.
Old 2007-03-07, 05:15 PM   #48
wbarbour

Default PIP

The side by side PIP is a good addition. Discovered that you can go to side by side directly by hitting "PIP Swap" instead of cycling through with the "PIP" key.
Old 2007-03-07, 05:36 PM   #49
rsambuca
Veteran

Quote:
Discovered that you can go to side by side directly by hitting "PIP Swap" instead of cycling through with the "PIP" key.
??? Not on my rig.

Edit: On mine it seems to go directly to the side-by-side mode when you press the Position button.
Old 2007-03-07, 05:40 PM   #50
wbarbour

Default Correction

Apologies. I meant "PIP Position" and not "PIP Swap".
Old 2007-03-07, 06:24 PM   #51
CenturyBreak

Funny... PIP Position doesn't go to side-by-side for me... and I'm still thrown by side-by-side being vertically stretched unless one of the channels is HD.

Another "bug" (in addition to the insane-o-fan!): the last recording I'd watched part-way through had its "time left" reset to the full length of the program, and when went to watch it, I didn't have the "Resume" option, and it started from the beginning. Every other partially-watched recording still had the correct "time left" showing, but STILL started from the beginning!

Also, the new episode info is interesting, and may indeed uniquely identify episodes, but the episode numbers are wrong... I'm looking at some limited-run series (The State Within and Love Monkey) and the given episode numbers seem to be the correct number plus one... and in the case of Rent-a-Goalie, they're just plain scrambled...
Old 2007-03-07, 08:07 PM   #52
redlight reggy

Default HDMI Update

Hey guys, I have noticed another small but major update with the new firmware and that's with the HDMI. I was having troubles with my HDMI output with my TV, sometimes when I would turn the TV on there would be no sound, I had to change from Standard channel to a HD channel or vise versa, all depending upon which channel I was tuned into on power-up, and now the sound is always on when I power-up. Major pain before and inconvienence but I am loving the new upgrades more and more everytime I turn the TV on.
Old 2007-03-07, 09:17 PM   #53
scrooloose
Veteran

I was experiencing the "extra" recording problem. When a show recorded it would often record the show right after (or before - I can't recall). I extended my record time by one minute which eliminated the problem. Yesterday after the upgrade I removed the extra minute and today my recordings were correct. No extra show recorded. It's only been one day but I'm cautiously optimistic. Can anyone else confirm this?

-Mike
Old 2007-03-07, 11:04 PM   #54
wptbay

Prior to this update I had to pause then hit play to regain audio when changing channels from HD to certain SD channels such as CNN. This bug seems to be fixed.
Old 2007-03-08, 01:46 AM   #55
japroach

eh cant edit my post for some reason, but anyway the fan is back on again. :/
Old 2007-03-08, 03:20 AM   #56
TheSteve

I'm just glad the skip 30 second button works properly with HD again. I am not sure if everyone suffered from this problem but it sure was annoying. They introduced it when they "fixed" the stutter issue with the second run of harddrives in the 9200. I have an original 9200 which never had the stutter problem. Based on reports in this thread it seems performance is still probably varying based on harddrive model.

So far I am pleased with V149
Old 2007-03-08, 07:48 AM   #57
dmacmart

Default Better HD picture?

We have an older rear projection (Pioneer elite). My husband and I think that the HD picture is better with this new version; it seemed to have degraded with the last major upgrade and is now back to what it used to be. Purely subjective but did anyone else notice? We've only watched a couple of shows but we both independently thought so.

I like the edit name function. I like episode #s, though they might not be accurate, at least if they're unique we can tell what's what. I like sorting timers capability.
Old 2007-03-08, 07:57 AM   #58
Carson

I have one of the original 9200 receivers and have never had any of the studdering problems widely mentioned. However last evening i was recording a show on tuner 1 and about half way through i began playback on TV2. The skip 30 seconds worked flawlessly (yeah) but i did have some serious issues with jerky playback. The worst of which was when i 'caught up' with live TV. At that point the screen just froze and the pause button indicator in the top right of the screen flickered on and off probably a dozen times. I just waited and eventually it began normal playback.

I have not tried a reboot or anything but hope this is not a sign of things to come.
Old 2007-03-08, 09:31 AM   #59
Huff

I suffered through the "stuttering" playback issues last year (I have the Maxtor drive (0x6102), I believe the Western Digital drives (0x6132) did not have this problem). This is where the video/audio would freeze momentarily and startup again. It happened so often as to make any recorded material unwatchable.

That issue was fixed in V143 in May/06. Well, for me, it's back with V149 and it's just as bad as before. I've watched 2 recorded HD shows - House and Amer. Idol - and both shows froze repeatedly during playback at least once every 2 minutes.

I rewound and replayed the same spot and the freeze is in a different part. So the recorded program is fine. The "stutter" happens with the playback which is exactly what it did before V143. Info in this thread.

I can live with all the other bugs, but not this one. I am furious with BEV that this bug has been re-introduced. Is anyone else (along with "Carson") with a 9200 that has a WD drive seeing this "stutter" playback problem with V149?
Old 2007-03-08, 10:56 AM   #60
GumbyDan

Default My name is GumbyDan and its been 10 months since my last stutter

I too have a WD drive and I too have returned to the dark days of playback stuttering.

It doesn't seem to be as bad as Huff's, so obviously there are individual tolerances on these drives.

It have to smile - the parallel to a support group is amusing.
Closed Thread