Xbox 360 Defective and Replacement Process... - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > Video Game Consoles and PC Gaming

Old 2006-12-14, 04:45 PM   #31
markl

Quote:
Originally Posted by macemuscle View Post
Yeah I must admit that I didn't get a warm and fuzy fealing when I spoke to them...

If I don't get the tracking number tomorrow, I'm just going to ship it myself (I don't have time to do that today anyways), and hope that they'll send the replacement sometime next week before the start of the holidays!
Ya I'm hoping the same but I got a feeling we wont see thme now until after the holidays. They would still need to receive the old one, process it and ship the new one. With the holiday rush I'd suspect that it would ned to be out by Tuesday next week at the latest to have any chance of Friday delivery and that is probably pushing it. The guy told me 10 days from time of receipt, but then again he corrected himself when I said I thought we got new units in Canada then he said "oh yes, you get an exchange not a repair".

Its one messed up process regardless. Perhaps I'll call again tonight and see what the latest lie, err story is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2006-12-14, 05:23 PM   #32
markl

Well it just gets better. I just spoke to a CSR who said it hasn't shipped yet and was still in pending status. She spoke to her supervisor who cancelled the order and reentered it so now I have to wait 5 days from today.

Apparently the order was not placed right and that should have been noticed long ago but never was. She said there are a number of new CSRs that have been hired forthe holidays that do not know the systems and thus did not properly check it and confer with a supervisor.

So basically a week later I am back to square one on this.

This is beyond a joke at this point. Apparently MS does not care as they are not taking any actions to improve the current mess that we have to deal with at support.

UPDATE - Spent an hour on hold for a tier 2 agent. First time the CSR accidentally hung up on them so then I had to wait again. After an hour I was told there were no tier 2 agents taking calls tonight. So they scheduled a callback to me for Friday.

Last edited by markl; 2006-12-14 at 06:15 PM.
Old 2006-12-14, 09:18 PM   #33
JohnnyCanuck

Hey markl,

Did you ever try contacting MS Canada directly?
Old 2006-12-15, 07:03 AM   #34
markl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
Hey markl,

Did you ever try contacting MS Canada directly?
Ya I faxed them Monday, not a word from them. I truly beleive they don't care at this point.

My friend had his replaced at Costco 2 days ago, he has got the 3 light issue 3 times now on the new unit and is going to have to do another exchange. When it works the 360 is great but sadly it is a defective product that I beleive need to be recalled and properly fixed. Custoere service also need to be replaced as the current setup is a joke.
Old 2006-12-15, 07:16 AM   #35
Ed*Wheaton

I'm also waiting for a replacment console,called the 1-800-4myxbox # and they told me that they were waiting for another shipment of consoles to come in from California.Must be alot of replacements going out,which means a heck of alot of defective units out there.Keeping my fingers crossed for a before x-mas delivery,but with the holiday mail who knows.

Ed
Old 2006-12-15, 07:37 AM   #36
markl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed*Wheaton View Post
I'm also waiting for a replacment console,called the 1-800-4myxbox # and they told me that they were waiting for another shipment of consoles to come in from California.Must be alot of replacements going out,which means a heck of alot of defective units out there.Keeping my fingers crossed for a before x-mas delivery,but with the holiday mail who knows.

Ed
Ed - Well that is a new story, waiting on more consoles. Never been told that one in all my calls. I truly believe the yare lieing to us to just make excuses until MS decides what if anything needs to be done plus those they can turn away then all the better. The focus right now is to sell as many new consoles as possible I suspect, not handle returns and repairs.

I'm suppose to get a tier 2 callback today, but I'm not holding my breath on it.
Old 2006-12-15, 08:40 AM   #37
DevsterC

Quote:
My friend had his replaced at Costco 2 days ago, he has got the 3 light issue 3 times now on the new unit and is going to have to do another exchange.
Yeah, that happened to me. Mine was an April/06 unit bought in July, started misbehaving about 2 weeks ago. Finally took it to Costco and returned it, got a new unit built in late July. Red lights on startup for the new unit, but after doing the cable unplug/replug, it was fine. Downloading all my already purchased content (XBLA games, CoD2 maps) was painless, I was actually impressed with that.

Then red lights again. And again last night; checked this AM and still Ring of Death. Good thing Costco isn't busy leading up to the holidays. I never even got a chance to take all the clear protective stickers off the housing.

Just so long as I don't come lose to breaking Devin Hester's return record. :-D
Old 2006-12-15, 01:51 PM   #38
Ed*Wheaton

How long have you been waiting for your replacement console Markl?

Ed
Old 2006-12-15, 02:11 PM   #39
markl

Ed - Placed the repair order on Friday, but here is where it gets really good...

So I was told last night that since I couldn't get through to a tier 2 support while on hold that they scheduled a call-back for me this morning between 9-1EST. I wait all morning for the call and nothing so decided to call...

So I get through to a CSR, give him my name, and call ref, get put on hold....

Minute later the phone transfers me to another agent, no warning, and I have to start over, name, call ref....

The guy checks my account and basically nothing has been processed and the order is still pending with no tracking number. So he transfers me to the supervisor who looks into the matter....

So I explain things to him and he reviews the account and call log. He informs me that the order is still flagged pending, and whatever they did last night didn't work nor would it. The current system they have apparently has a bug in which orders cannot be cancelled by customer support. They need to contact the IT group and have it fixed manually which can take 3-5 days. So because of this there is no way to reissue another repair request until that order is cleared. Apparently only one entry per serial no can be entered. He then goes on to review the order process and "implies" the issue was my fault as I called back multiple times for a tracking number; because I did this and they made multiple requests on the same order it is probably why the record became locked in the pending state. I said I didn't appreciate him trying to put blame back on the customer and he retreated a bit on the statement.

He explains how he understands the frustration and so forth and I explain how this is not acceptable level of service, but however there is nothing he can do as it is a system problem that no one in customer support can correct. I have to wait 3-5 days then call back and resubmit my repair request. I asked why I was never called back as scheduled and he said he had no idea why that did not happen, he seen the scheduled call listed and no one did anything.

He did offer to monitor it personally and will call me back when it is ready and will enter it himself, but that will most likely be the end of next week. From that point I m then back to waiting 3-5 days for the return box to ship out (assuming the order works this time).

I asked to speak to a higher level as it was not acceptable, and he said that was as high as it goes, there is no other levels or groups a customer can speak with within MS, other than the general MS line which he said would just get routed back to them.

So another 45 mins wasted and I still have a dead 360 and still no box being shipped and there is nothing I can do.
Old 2006-12-15, 04:43 PM   #40
macemuscle

I just spoke to Customer Support again. The lady was very nice and helpful and really recommended that I ship it as she's very skeptical about them sending the box. So that's what I'm going to do. She also suggested that I can drop it off in person
Old 2006-12-15, 05:01 PM   #41
markl

I wonder if they try and make the prepaid shipping as much hassle as possible so people will not ask for it. I'm not willing to pay shippign on principle alone on this issue. They sold a defective product that failed in 4 months, I'm covered by extended warranty, and on top of that they still want me to pay more on my own. MS needs ot get control of this issue and stop blaming the custoemr for their issues.
Old 2006-12-15, 06:58 PM   #42
macemuscle

I couldn't agree more. In principle we shouldn't have to pay for shipping. I'm just not willing to wait anymore as the holidays is the only stretch of time I have right now to enjoy my XBox... It cost me $20 for the box, the bubble wrap and overnight shipping... I'll be happy if i get the unit sometime next week... then I might try to call and complain... may be they'll be willing to through in some free MS points or something

Have u had any luck getting a tracking number?
Old 2006-12-15, 07:05 PM   #43
macemuscle

Oh I just saw your previous post... ignore my question about tracking number

btw I just can't take this kind of hassle. $20 was a small price to pay if it means avoiding this kind of bullsh*t... i hope u get this resolved soon, man
Old 2006-12-15, 07:42 PM   #44
DevsterC

Quote:
Then red lights again. And again last night; checked this AM and still Ring of Death. Good thing Costco isn't busy leading up to the holidays. I never even got a chance to take all the clear protective stickers off the housing.
Just an update. Took this one back to Costco today, that was xbox360 #2. Thankfully I didn't get the same person I got returning the first one on tuesday, I'm sure they would've thought I was running a scam. This time they gave it a much better look over, checking the various parts and so on - to them, it was only a two day old purchase, and I saw no need to tell them one had already died on me. There was a PGR3 bundle behind the counter, so I wasn't the first return of the day.

I just got the refund on a cash card, went in and bought the same bundle again. This xbox has the same manufacture date as #2 (July28/06), but didn't have any problems starting up, and seems fine so far (though so far I've only installed the fall update and started redownloading my stuff from xbox live). Hopefully I'll give it the Gears later...
Old 2006-12-21, 04:12 AM   #45
suupafly

will Costco take a defective 360 console back beyond the normal 3 month warranty period?

will Costco allow you to purchase extended warranty?

Tags
lemon, pos