Xbox 360 Defective and Replacement Process... - Page 15 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > Video Game Consoles and PC Gaming

Old 2007-07-22, 01:56 PM   #211
phos

thanks for the replies, I actually tried phoning twice and both times they told me to call MS to handle it, so I am not with much of a choice. I guess the futureshop extended warranty really is pretty useless for the 360, RROD-wise at least.
phos is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2007-07-22, 06:22 PM   #212
DSgamby
Veteran

FS PSP is useless for the RROD but it is useful for non RROD problems like the controller breaking or what not.
DSgamby is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 2007-07-25, 02:58 AM   #213
dukee

My 360 started giving me the RROD back on June 20th.

I'm still waiting for my coffin to arrive by Puralator. After numerous calls and time wasted on hold I was finally informed today that the coffin had been shipped yesterday. Over one month just to ship the coffin. I can't even imagine how long it is going to take for them to get a unit back to me.

If it wasn't for the money I'd invested in games and accessories, I'd tell Microsoft to keep the machine.
Old 2007-07-25, 02:19 PM   #214
faston
Veteran

Finally got the time to phone them yesterday about the problem of being logged off of Live after a few minutes. Turned out that I had to open up 3 ports on my router. After I did that, it seems fine. Strange that it worked fine on the 'old' one.

Anyway, the reason I am posting this and to get back on topic; I complained that the games that I had bought on the old system were not recognized on the new system if I wasn't logged on Xbox Live. Also when we are logged in under my daughter's account regardless of Live connectivity. They quickly told me that they were going to get me to delete the games and then give me enough credits to re-buy them on the new machine so they would be tied to that machine as well as my Live account. This surprised me a little because my research had told me that that solution was one that is very hard-fought for. Many stories of people taking many weeks and many phone calls to and from supervisors to get this done. There is a 75 page thread on xbox.com about it. Now it is the first thing that is offered. I told them that I would call back when I got the port thing worked out and they will do that for me.
faston is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2007-07-25, 02:37 PM   #215
PrimeBane
Veteran

Nice work faston... I might have to give them a call to get that done as well.
PrimeBane is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2007-07-25, 10:38 PM   #216
riceman

my friend recently got the RROD on his launch unit; he got the shipment box in a week after his call, and he rec'd his replacement 360 a week after he shipped out (slightly less than a week - he shipped tuesday evening and got it back the next tuesday morning).

so far, between myself and 2 firends who bought launch units, 2 have had the RROD and are on their second units, and 1 has had no problems. the 2 RROD cases had their units gone for a week.
riceman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2007-07-26, 12:33 PM   #217
avengingangel

I have 3 launch units.

Of the 3,
- 1 got the RROD in Late Dec' 06. It took 8 - 10 weeks to receive a replacement unit.
- 1 got the RROD two days ago. Waiting for shipping box. I was told it would take approximately 4 - 6 weeks turn around time given the volume they are dealing with since announcing the new 3 year warranty.
- 1 is still chugging along w/o any problems.

So 67% of my units failed over an 18 month period with the dreaded RROD.
avengingangel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2007-07-28, 02:12 PM   #218
Nighthawk 1

My two cents. I originally purchased in Dec "05 from FS. I bought the extended 3 yr warranty at the time. I've had virtually no problems until last month when it locked up in the midst of a game with RROD. This was the day after MS extended the warranty. I phoned FS and inquired as to their policy, they said bring it in and it will get sent out for repairs. After learning about the hokey balance of warranty cancellation if you actually use it, I decided to go with the MS route. I phoned on a Friday, and in just over 2 weeks received the coffin. I packaged it up and sent mine out the same day. I'm on the west coast so shipping times seem to be averaging a week. It looks like its in the toronto area now so should be received on Monday. It will be interesting to see how fast (slow) things progress at that time as next week will be the 4th week since all of this occurred. It seems that it makes a difference where you happen to live as all of the Eastern people seem to benefit from the short shipping times.
Nighthawk 1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2007-07-29, 01:20 PM   #219
agover

Location: Toronto, Ontario - Rogers - SA8300HD,S1 Tivo,S2 Tivo

My 360 just got the rrod.

Has anyone tried actually driving down to the depot (Im guessing its in Missisauga or Markham) rather than using the coffin? Will this speed things up?

I was quoted 6-9 weeks + shipping times + wait time for coffin. This seems a bit excessive (ie I want to play Halo 3, mass effect and bioshock all of which will be out during this window)

Just a thought....

Adam
agover is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2007-07-29, 02:42 PM   #220
5seconds

I just got the RROD, and called yesterday. I was quoted 3-5 days to get the box, then 2-3 weeks for 'fixing', then another week for return.

Interestingly, when I asked about them 'fixing' the console, i asked weather they just send a replacement re-furbished unit, they said that they do not. I think the guy was new, since I doubt MS will actually fix my unit and send the same one back to me. They need to educate their staff better.

Also, I have heard of people getting brand new replacement units, not re-furb models. Anyone here receive a new unit? Or are they all previously fixed boxes?
5seconds is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2007-07-29, 02:59 PM   #221
PrimeBane
Veteran

If you dig back I remember at least 1 person getting a new unit... it basically depends on whether they have any refurbs left from Texas.

Turn around time should be about 3 weeks... but screwups do happen.
PrimeBane is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2007-07-30, 04:26 PM   #222
TripleQ

I doubt driving down to the depot (Vaughn if I recall) would speed things up much, you're only saving coffin delivery and return time which isn't the slowest part of the process in my experience. About 1-2 days each way.

6-9 weeks seems pretty extreme, I'd guess it would be much faster.
TripleQ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2007-07-31, 01:58 PM   #223
dukee

It's almost been 6 weeks and 5 phone calls later to Microsoft and I still have not received my coffin. The call center has been absolutely useless as they claim they have no way of contacting the distribution center in Canada. The last operator told me it was shipped out on the on the 27th, which I find hard to believe considering the operator before told me it had shipped out on the 23rd.

How hard is it to simply ship an empty cardboard box?
Old 2007-07-31, 02:27 PM   #224
Nighthawk 1

Dukee, did you ever get an email confirmation from xbox providing you with a tracking number etc...? After my initial phone call, I received an email with the info about a week later, then the coffin got shipped out a few days after that. At least with the tracking number you can see that something is acutally happening. I sent my coffin/console off last week and I seen it arrived on Monday. I haven't heard anything yet but am assuming I will get another email telling me whats going on (at least I hope). 6 weeks with no word is brutal.
Nighthawk 1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2007-07-31, 02:35 PM   #225
dukee

None of the tracking numbers they have given me have ever worked on Purolator's site. But then again, that could be due to the fact that they've never actually shipped anything to me.

Tags
lemon, pos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.