Lost: Season 3 Official Thread - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > What's On Television?

Old 2007-03-15, 02:03 PM   #61
salc75

I'll keep watching Lost every week as well, but after a rather slow boring episode I think to myself "What the heck was that?".

From what i've experienced in Season 1 & 2, I feel that I got something out of every episode. I never said to myself "The show was a little boring". But this 3rd season, I've really noticed it slow down.

So last night we learned that Jack's dad is also a hound and Claire's his daughter. Whoopdie doo.

And I agree with 99gecko on the six degree of separation thing....next week's show seems a bit more interesting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2007-03-15, 02:07 PM   #62
JohnJoshs

next week should be great.

I enjoyed last nights show but I need more action as well.
Old 2007-03-15, 11:25 PM   #63
skypilot

Default Now we're talking...

I loved last night's "Par Avion" (14 March) episode!

The past few weeks we've been getting back into the intrigue, the mystery. The whole Ben-Juliette-Others plot, for me, really seemed to bog down the momentum! Plus the hiatus between the first part of the season and now. I'm lovin' it again though. Locke--who was beginning to look like a bumbling button pusher!--is beginning to unfold as a mystery again (next week's preview looks exciting); Sayid is back in the picture; Desmond is still creeping out everybody; and the entire mystery of the island (deadly sonic towers!) and, to an extent, the others (playing football with Jack?!!!) is back!

Bring it on!
Old 2007-03-15, 11:55 PM   #64
HT gearhead

It's taking a turn, that's for sure. Next week should be even better than this weeks episode. I'm happy with the pace of the show. So Claire is Jack's sister, interesting.
Old 2007-03-16, 12:06 AM   #65
JohnJoshs

Clair looked great as a goth brunette!
Old 2007-03-16, 09:14 AM   #66
supervij

Agreed. Claire was pretty hot as a goth. Too bad they couldn't keep that for the island as well. But Claire and Jack being half-siblings? My first thought was that this is turning into a soap opera. Which is NOT what I like about the show!

cheers,
supervij
Old 2007-03-21, 11:04 PM   #67
kgeorge78

WOW WOW WOW

Tonights episode was simply AMAZING. WOW.

Holy cow it was great. Johns Dad???!!!
Old 2007-03-22, 10:46 AM   #68
biglyle

This show has definitely taken a huge turn for the better. IMO it is once again the best popcorn show on TV.
24 has unfortunately gone the other direction, and is almost unwatchable at this point.
Old 2007-03-22, 08:30 PM   #69
MCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglyle View Post
This show has definitely taken a huge turn for the better. IMO it is once again the best popcorn show on TV.
24 has unfortunately gone the other direction, and is almost unwatchable at this point.
Think you have that backwards? Lost is good 1 out of 7 epidsodes, the premire this year was totally useless as apposed to the first two, then most if all of the flashback episods are filler at best. 24 still is the fastest show and most tense on TV.
I was a huge Lost supporter the first two years, but this year I think they have had maybe 3 good episodes if that?
Old 2007-03-22, 11:46 PM   #70
kgeorge78

Yes 24 is amazing and has been for years but season 6 does suck large so far this year.

Lost was getting slow for a while then the past 3 weeks were great. Wed night's episode was fricken awesome though.

It's about time! I wonder if Jacks gonna kill Lock for blowing up the sub
Old 2007-03-23, 12:19 AM   #71
rsambuca
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVVH View Post
Think you have that backwards? Lost is good 1 out of 7 epidsodes, the premire this year was totally useless as apposed to the first two, then most if all of the flashback episods are filler at best. 24 still is the fastest show and most tense on TV.
I was a huge Lost supporter the first two years, but this year I think they have had maybe 3 good episodes if that?
Wow, it just goes to show how differently people view things. IMO, Lost has always been at it's best when focusing on the main characters through the flashbacks. And, they do have flashbacks on every episode about one character or another, so how can you be complaining about them now - after all this time?
Old 2007-03-23, 01:06 AM   #72
MCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post
Wow, it just goes to show how differently people view things. IMO, Lost has always been at it's best when focusing on the main characters through the flashbacks. And, they do have flashbacks on every episode about one character or another, so how can you be complaining about them now - after all this time?
More island substance, less flashbacks, or find a better balance. I find it odd that the same 5 poeple want off the island at all costs, and the other 20-30 seem fine waiting for the Love Boat to drop anchor. Some of the flashbacks are good, but other more often then the last two seasons, have ZERO relevance.
Lock needs a bullet in his head soon, boring actor, and he goes from cripple to Rambo? Hmm, nobody on the island likes him, just kill him already.
Old 2007-03-23, 04:47 AM   #73
FTAFreedom

I think the opposite.......I think the Locke character is the most interesting character on the show; if anything kill off Jack..!
Old 2007-03-23, 09:15 AM   #74
Q
Veteran

I think both have been boring. If I had to choose between the two I would choose Lost. It was a good episode wed. night.

Maybe Rome is spoiling all these other shows for me.
Old 2007-03-23, 09:41 AM   #75
JonO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post
Wow, it just goes to show how differently people view things.
Ain't that the truth! I have been very disappointed with 24 this season and have not been as disappointed with Lost as many here seem to be. I guess I watch it for a good story and enjoy episodes like Hurley's car even though they don't seem to have much to do with the secret's on the Island. I don't need to have all the answers now Ironically I found this weeks episode a little boring because I though it was a bit predictable. Go figure.

PS. As an aside, Rome is the best show on TV right now in my opinion