How much is basic analog cable at Rogers? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Rogers Communications > Rogers Cable TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2006-08-25, 05:47 AM   #1
HiDefFan

Default How much is basic analog cable at Rogers?

I couldn't find it on the Rogers web site. It only lists the basic digital cable package which includes digital set rental and stuff. I'm interested in basic analog cable price. (I believe these rates are set by the CRTC and should be similar between the major providers.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2006-08-25, 09:44 AM   #2
boink

Default best of luck

in areas where digital is available, the basic analog is grandfathered, so they will only offer the digital basic (29.99 for the first year)

if you want to fight it, you can try, and they might, but you will pay 74.99 for the install/activation, whereas the digital basic will get that reduced to 30$, so if you want to save the $$$, it makes a pretty easy choice
Old 2006-08-25, 10:07 AM   #3
Boavista

i belive rogers has "BASIC" pack for 39.99 a month. That includes 38 channels
If you go with bell express vu, their basic is 27.00 a month and you get 100 or more channels.

Check out these to links...

Rogers Basic:

http://www.shoprogers.com/store/cabl...lpackages.asp?

Bell Basic:

http://www.bell.ca/shopping/AIO_ByoE...?selectedtab=1

for bell, if needed, click programming tab, and then click the drop down for the digital basic.

good luck, and BTW, just get rid of the " / " in the links, i put them there because i didnt know if live links are aloud on this site.
Old 2006-08-25, 10:47 AM   #4
em69

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDefFan View Post
I couldn't find it on the Rogers web site. It only lists the basic digital cable package which includes digital set rental and stuff. I'm interested in basic analog cable price. (I believe these rates are set by the CRTC and should be similar between the major providers.)
When I ordered cable through Rogers last year, I only wanted Basic Analogue service as well. However, when they told me they would need to charge me $75 install with Basic Analogue, but this fee is waived when you choose Digital, I decided to go with Basic Digital.

Basic Analogue was $25
Basic Digital is $29 ($34 taxes in)
Old 2006-08-25, 11:21 AM   #5

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD

Please don't turn this into a BEV vs. Rogers thread. There's a special thread for that comparison elsewhere on the forum. Thanks. Links made live and are allowed (but not aloud ).
Old 2006-08-25, 06:18 PM   #6
Boavista

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57 View Post
Please don't turn this into a BEV vs. Rogers thread. There's a special thread for that comparison elsewhere on the forum. Thanks. Links made live and are allowed (but not aloud ).
sorry about the spelling.
as for this being a bev vs rogers thread, thats not what i intended. I just thaught i'd let him know. If i would have know that satellite was actualy that cheap vs. rogers cable, i would have ditched cable many years ago.
Just trying to show my point of view
Old 2006-08-25, 07:10 PM   #7
nfitz
Veteran

Not sure where everyone's pricing is coming from. According to Rogers, basic digital cable is $25.99 for every city I checked in Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland. The original poster was from Vancouver, but I couldn't find a Vancouver listed in any of the provinces Rogers serves. Obviously those that don't have a digital cable box, will continue to receive analogue channels, just like they've always done.

Presumably Rogers isn't forcing anyone to actually rent a digital terminal, and this is just a branding exercise.
Old 2006-08-29, 12:28 AM   #8
SuperCM

...don't forget about the monthly $3 Digital Access Fee.
Old 2006-08-29, 08:32 AM   #9
nfitz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCM View Post
Presumably, if one doesn't have a digital terminal, one doesn't pay the fee.
Old 2006-08-29, 08:42 AM   #10
em69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCM View Post
Actually it is:

* Rogers Digital Cable customers will be charged a Digital Service fee of $2.99/month (per household) and a Standard-Definition Digital Terminal rental fee of $3.99/month.

For a total of $32.97 per month (plus tax)

For basic analogue cable, it is only the $25.99 that you would pay.
Old 2006-08-29, 09:47 AM   #11
nfitz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by em69 View Post
Actually it is:

* Rogers Digital Cable customers will be charged a Digital Service fee of $2.99/month (per household) and a Standard-Definition Digital Terminal rental fee of $3.99/month.

For a total of $32.97 per month (plus tax)
Though they won't necessarily charge you the rental fee of $3.99 a month - as you could always buy a terminal instead of renting. As it uses the same sentence to say you'd be charged one, or the other, the existence of that sentence, which is obviously erroneous, doesn't do anything to demonstrate that customers who don't actually have a digital terminal will be charged the $2.99 Digital Service fee.
Old 2006-08-29, 05:56 PM   #12
Newfie'

Exclamation

Just to clearify....

The $29.99 for promotion includes:
- Basic
- Digital Terminal
- Digital Service Fee
- One Free Theme Pack (Family Fun, Learning, Music, More Movies, Sports)

The price of $29.99 lasts only one year.
After that it goes to $32.97 + cost of the theme pack.
Your installation rate is also discounted to $30.

IF YOU CHOOSE TO JUST GO WITH ANALOGUE and you just order Cable TV then you will be charged $25.99 a month, however, you will have an install amount of $79.99.

*NOTE* With install amounts, if you order High Speed Internet at the same time, it will all be discounted to $9.95 (used to be free, but this changed a few days ago).

Hope this helps to clearify.
Old 2006-08-30, 07:39 PM   #13
boink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boavista View Post
sorry about the spelling.
as for this being a bev vs rogers thread, thats not what i intended. I just thaught i'd let him know. If i would have know that satellite was actualy that cheap vs. rogers cable, i would have ditched cable many years ago.
Just trying to show my point of view
how is it that much cheaper? 29.99(32.97) for digital basic, 27$ for the locals on bell, if you don't want a 2yr term, then you have to pay 2.50$ rental, making it 29.50$. BIG difference, rogers has a few more channels though. and I'm not making this a vs. thread, just correcting a statement

and of course bundling blows that all away, and your original "basic" at 39.99 is way off too. at least know what rogers offers before spreading false info pls.
Old 2006-08-30, 08:16 PM   #14
Sweet

Rogers Now claims to be a 100% Digital Company so Basic Digital is now the new basic package. If you reach a rep that's doing exactly what the company wants them to do, you will not be sold a non digital package as a new cx... However there is always the exception!!
Old 2006-08-30, 08:20 PM   #15
Newfie'

It's like the Cable Plus Combo or MeTV - they're only sold if a customer specifically requests the packages.