Just bought XXX! - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > What's On Blu-ray, DVD and in the theatres.

Closed Thread

Old 2002-12-31, 12:49 PM   #1
hugh
Member #1

Default Just bought XXX!

Well I have two small kids so my New Years are dull affairs however tonight I'll be watching XXX with Vin Diesel so I hope it's good!

And BTW its not a smut flick!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2003-01-02, 09:44 PM   #2
Vegaman

so....?

How was it? Is it worth buying, or should I rent?
Old 2003-01-02, 10:21 PM   #3
Mr. Plow

My son got an HMV gift certificate as a Christmas gift so he bought "XXX" on New Years eve. Consider it James Bond for the extreme sports crowd. 13 year old boys seem to really like it as there were two others in front of us buying the same flick.

In the course of the movie, Vin Diesel goes snow boarding, rock climbing, motocross cycling, jumping out of a plane, uses a silver tray as a skateboard to slide down a set of hand rails, and saves the world. I thought it was an OK action flick but I don't expect him to be accepting any Oscars Oh yeah, expect a sequel.

BTW, I haven't been in an HMV for a while and I was shocked at the prices they charge for DVDs. $42.99 for "Eight Legged Freaks", $49.99 for "Apollo 13" and so on. Are they insane? "XXX" was $25.99 - a couple of bucks more than Future Shop but we had that gift certificate to use.
Old 2003-01-03, 08:40 AM   #4
hugh
Member #1

Had too much wine for dinner on New Years Eve ops: so have to watch it on the weekend!
Old 2003-01-04, 03:33 AM   #5
sleemo

We rented it tonight. Watched it and I'm glad we only rented it. Not to say it was a horrible movie, just not something I would want to spend $25+ on. I like action movies, but this one just had a bit too much "cheese" on it.
Old 2003-01-04, 11:51 AM   #6
Canyda

Quote:
BTW, I haven't been in an HMV for a while and I was shocked at the prices they charge for DVDs. $42.99 for "Eight Legged Freaks", $49.99 for "Apollo 13" and so on. Are they insane?
Must be. I've noticed the same thing. Guess people are paying it, though, otherwise they wouldn't be charging those kinds of prices.
Closed Thread