Undocumented Features - DSR-530 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Direct (formerly Star Choice)

Old 2005-12-23, 01:22 AM   #1
prdufresne

Question Undocumented Features - DSR-530

I just spent the last hour trying to find instructions on how to sort the DVR list, and I can't find anything (at least not with obvious search parameters) in the forum nor is it documented in the manual. I thought it might be nice to post all of these undocumented features in one place.

These are the ones I'm aware of:
  • Skip Forward/Backward in IPG jumps forward or backward a day.
  • Hidden menu at 6-4-9-7-7
  • Hidden menu at 6-4-9-8-8
Some of these maybe code specific, like the Skip Forward/Backward which was introduced in BC.

Last edited by prdufresne; 2005-12-23 at 01:35 AM.
prdufresne is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2005-12-23, 02:28 AM   #2
prdufresne

Okay, I figured out how to sort the DVR list. The top button on the right hand side will toggle through the sort modes. The solution was staring me in the face the whole time.
Old 2005-12-23, 03:59 AM   #3
Haggarr

Default giude problems ?

for the 530 ,, just hit opt, 6,4,9,7,7,1 then if you are at "diagnostics" use left or right to get to screen F, hit info once and its a guide flush , twice reloads channel map.... this seems to work on most recievers for guide flush ,,,,, if you surf around in diagnostics to find cookies ,,,,you will end up calling SC. for a factory reset,,,I wont even tell you what screen that was in,,,,,,
Haggarr is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2005-12-23, 11:45 AM   #4
ARR

Here's a couple:
You spotted the 24 guide jumps, now try the play and pause.
One takes you to 299 or 298 if you've set French and the other takes your guide to the current time & channel, a home position if you will.

This might be a bug, but I think it's a feature:
To look back in time in the guide to see what you just missed, find a 1/2 or 1 hour grid cell in the 2nd or 3rd slot overtop of a program the extends earlier in time.

Now shift the focus from the slot 2/3 cell down into the long cell below it and now you can navigate a few hours earlier in time.
Very cool.
ARR is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2005-12-25, 04:03 PM   #5
prdufresne

An interesting feature, that's undocumented, but can prove useful:

If you connect a component source to the front panel input, then use the "source" key on the remote to select it, the DSR-530 will convert the singal and send it to the DVI and component outputs.

This saves me a great deal of trouble when playing home movies from my camcorder.
Old 2005-12-25, 06:01 PM   #6
satellite

I believe the DSR500 does this as well.
The 505 doesn't have the jacks on the front.
satellite is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2006-01-01, 06:54 PM   #7
prdufresne

Default Timed Skip Forward/Back

If you are watching a recording, you can skip forward/backward a specified number of minutes by doing the following:

Type in the number of minutes you want to move (Say, 1-5 to skip forward 15 minutes), then hit the Skip Forward button. The same works for Skip backward.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.