Remote code for Pioneer Reciever - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Rogers Communications > Rogers Cable TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2005-10-28, 09:46 AM   #1
Ribcap

Question Remote code for Pioneer Reciever

Good morning. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I recently bought a Pioneer VSX-815s reciever. I have the Rogers 8300HD digital box as well. I can't seem to find a code that will allow me to program the AUX key to control my new reciever. Does anyone have an idea? I've tried the 3012 code to no avail....

Thanks in advance!

Rib
Advertisement

Old 2005-11-01, 06:59 PM   #2
MuteyM

Location: Downtown Toronto, Rogers Cable, SA8300HD, Samsung LN52B750, Pioneer VSX-1019AH, HTPC w/Blu-Ray&HD DV

I have the VSX-1015 version of this receiver (great receiver, btw), and I couldn't get the 8300HD remote working either. Turns out the version of the remote Rogers ships is the low-end AT8400 model with limited peripheral support... Long story short, I bought the "higher end" AT8550 off of e-Bay for $20 and it works like a charm. It changes volume, mutes, and powers off the receiver just fine. There is also an AT8400 Rev B model that may work since it also includes a few more Pioneer codes, but I don't know for sure about that one.

Anyway, hope that helps.
MuteyM is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2005-11-01, 08:49 PM   #3

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD

Try all the Pioneer receiver codes and don't use the "power" button to test. Use something like volume. Some receivers have discrete on/off power and the SA remotes can't do it. I had similar problems with Yamaha until I found that the volume and some of the other functionality was there, just not on/off. (actually I could do off).
Old 2006-08-14, 01:02 PM   #4
castelle

I have the VSX515s and I have the same problem - the codes for Pioneer do not work using the AT8400 remote. I heard that Rogers provides a newer 5-device remote so I'm wondering if this newer remote might work with my receiver ? Can I just go to Rogers and ask for the newer remote ?

thanks !
castelle is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2006-09-22, 09:17 PM   #5
peterweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by castelle View Post
Can I just go to Rogers and ask for the newer remote ?
I went into Rogers to change my remote for my Explorer3200 and was given the new 5 device remote. The CSR I spoke with said they would even replace the remote if the batteries were dead. Give it a try.
I too just picked up the VSX-516, and have just set up the new remote and it will control many functions of the Pioneer.

Sony KDL-46W5100,Pioneer VSX-516k, Pace RNG200N PVR, Cogeco
peterweb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2006-09-26, 10:39 AM   #6
digital_rookie

Location: Toronto, Rogers Cable Sony 50" SXRD, SA8300HD 320 GB, SA8300 SD , 2 x SA 3200
Smile Device Set-Up

Rogers' set-top remotes are made by a company called Universal Electronics.

The following link takes you to Universal Electronics remote "catalog" and you can grab the device codes you need by selecting the remote you have and going into the "device setup" section.

http://www.urcsupport.com/#

Hope this helps.
digital_rookie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2007-01-08, 06:16 AM   #7
AccordCanada

Default Rogers Upgrae

Thanks for the info about going into Rogers for a free upgrade to a 5-function. I've struggled with this for a long time (even bought my new Harmony 720 because of I couldn't control my Pioneer VSX-1014TX with the PVR remote).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.