New Member ExpressVu Satellite Discussion Thread - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Satellite TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2005-09-15, 08:45 AM   #1
hugh
Member #1

Default New Member ExpressVu Satellite Discussion Thread

In an effort to reduce spammers and to deal with one off questions, Digital Home Canada restricts new members from posting new threads until they have been with us for 3 days.

New members are welcome to post their questions into existing threads, however, if you have a question or comment that doesn't fit neatly into any existing thread then please post your question in this thread and you'll be sure to get the assistance you need.

If you're having any problems with using the forums or don't understand then please check out our Digital Home Canada Help forum where we answer Frequently Asked questions.

In the Help Forum, you will also find the Rules of the Forum. You are required to know and abide by them prior to posting.

Also be sure to check out the stickied threads at the top of this forum. Stickied threads generally answer many of the common questions or discuss popular issues.

We welcome all new members and hope that once you get your questions answered, you'll give back to others by answering their questions.

Last edited by hugh; 2005-12-24 at 03:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2005-11-14, 01:26 PM   #2
hugh
Member #1

I've moved most of the queries here to unique threads and removed outdated posts in order to clean up this thread.
Old 2005-11-16, 06:27 PM   #3
CAK0

Default BEV 4100 receiver

I understand that this receiver SHOULD be able to communicate with my VCR to allow me to tape programs by setting a timer on the receiver. My experience with universal tv remotes is they cant always talk to every piece of equipment they say they can. BEV phone reps say this has never been a problem. I have 3 vcrs, one is built-in a 14inch tv. Anyone have any experiences to share.

and yes, I know the PVR avoids this.
Old 2005-11-22, 10:02 PM   #4
mac dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAK0
I understand that this receiver SHOULD be able to communicate with my VCR to allow me to tape programs by setting a timer on the receiver. My experience with universal tv remotes is they cant always talk to every piece of equipment they say they can. BEV phone reps say this has never been a problem. I have 3 vcrs, one is built-in a 14inch tv. Anyone have any experiences to share.

and yes, I know the PVR avoids this.
The installer should have left a manual. It includes instructions on programming the remote, and many possibilities for each "company". Failing that, there's a secondary method on the remote to find out which code it is using. You can apply this same logic to "setting the VCR" once you figure out which code it is. Warning: Some codes when entered do "some" of the functions but not all... run the test and when it works you should be fine.
Old 2005-11-22, 10:21 PM   #5
hugh
Member #1

Cako, I recommend posting 4100 questions in the Official 4100 owners thread. You're likely to get more feedback faster.
Old 2005-12-03, 01:30 PM   #6
Buzzed [CotC]

Default Express view 3100

I am a newbie at this, but I have a problem with one of my recievers.

I am only getting one channel. The signal is good and the other reciever works fine. Does anyone know the problem? Maybe a reboot? And if so how is this done. Tired of waiting on the phone trying to get thru to teck assistance.

Thanks.
Old 2005-12-03, 01:40 PM   #7
Battscrew

try holding down the power button for 10-12 seconds or unplug for 5 minutes or pull the card out.
Old 2005-12-03, 01:46 PM   #8
Buzzed [CotC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battscrew
try holding down the power button for 10-12 seconds or unplug for 5 minutes or pull the card out.
I will try the power button. I did pull the card out and re-inserted but it did not help.

Thanks.
Old 2005-12-10, 06:17 PM   #9
GeeCee

I just scheduled an appointment for a new 2 year service contract.. 2 HD receivers and 2 standard digital receivers.. CSR told me that installation will be free for -all- the receivers.. is this true? I don't want cables running up and down the walls..

Also my order receipt says one 6120 receiver and one 6100 receiver.. what is the difference?
Old 2005-12-11, 02:30 AM   #10
Spidinator

Well no idea on the 6120 or the 6100 but I also just did the 2 year program and they came and did an install of the 9220 and a standalone 4100 and yes it was all free. I thought they did a very good job as far as cables go, hid them quite well. quite impressed with the 9200 right now, its early but i would give it a slight edge over the shaw 6412.
Old 2005-12-11, 10:13 AM   #11
Battscrew

the 6120 is a complete package - receiver and dish, lnbs. The 6100 is just the receiver.
Old 2005-12-21, 11:12 AM   #12
FuzzyQball

Default Need tech info on Bell Expressview System

Rather than ask a million questions, I was wondering if you folks could direct me to some sites that might have an in depth discription of Bell/Dish systems, including ground stations, satellites, dishes at home, and connections to the TV. I am an Engineer, so the more technical the better. I feel a little lost right now in this technolgy, so any good links would be appreciated!
Old 2005-12-21, 11:21 AM   #13
hugh
Member #1

fuzzyQball, three comments.
  • It's ExpressVu not ExpressView
  • Why not just use Google? there is a search box at the top of this page!
  • What the heck is wrong with this site? I doubt you'll find many with more ExpressVu information on it but then I guess I'm biased.
Old 2005-12-21, 01:48 PM   #14
FuzzyQball

This site is great. It has answered many of my questions, but I like to read-up on the techology and absorb it. I have done some google searches, but the results have not been exactly what I have been looking for. Sorry for this misspelling, but I do that more often than I like to admit. I thought that people here may have some good references....
Old 2006-01-15, 09:59 PM   #15
Danno

Hi,

Been lurking here for a couple of years, and finally decided to become a member due to today's experience with today's NFL playoffs.

What's the deal with Global's simulcasting of the broadcasts on both NBC and FOX? I seem to remember some threads awhile ago that the CRTC put a stop to it. As of last weekend, there was no simulcast on the HD networks.

I really don't have an issue with simulcast on principal. Sure, it's Canada, but why do they:

1) Put that annoying Global logo (what is it, a half moon or what?) on the screen. I know its Global, must I be constantly reminded?
2) I don't ever recall seeing FOX looking as grainy as it did during the Chicago/Caralina game. I project onto a 100" screen with a native 720p projector and it definitely looked better last week on FOX. Are they messing with the original signal?
3) Why the heck do commercials have to be 3 to 6 decibels higher in volume than the game? I was hitting the mute button immediately whenever it went to commerical. In regards to commercials, it also seemed like there were more of them! Are we missing parts of the game?

Thanks for looking.
Dan