A10 Grand Wega release dates - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > HDTV: Front and Rear Projection Screens and Televisions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 2005-09-09, 10:55 PM   #76
Tecumseh
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 23
Default

Thanks
Tec
Tecumseh is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 2005-09-10, 10:10 PM   #77
Weegie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh
Thanks
Tec
Sony in Oshawa centre now have both the 42A10 & the 50A10 on display. Great picture.
Salesman advises that 2 orders he has already received will ship nextweek.
Later orders will be the following week.
50" unit is ticketed at $3199.99, but sales guy seemed ready to cut this by $200 when informed that I was just starting to shop around.
Weegie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2005-09-11, 03:05 AM   #78
simonm
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 28
Default

Saw the 42" in Vancovuer Sony Store. Looks good. Hopefully the 50" is as good.
simonm is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2005-09-11, 01:47 PM   #79
tsunamirider
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3
Default

FYI;
called SonyStore in Ottawa; they have the 50 inch A10 in stock but not yet on display. Listed at 3199, but on the phone, salesman dropped the price 250 dollars and when we discussed adding a 3 year service plan he came down another 100 dollars; total of 3550 after taxes (incl. the 3 years extended warranty) Figured if I could do that on the phone in 2 minutes, I could get another 200 off in a week or so in person.

Looking forward to hearing more reviews as people pick up this set....
tsunamirider is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2005-09-11, 03:25 PM   #80
johnac
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2
Default

You can read the reviews of rear-projection TV's on WWW.CNET.COM there are TV's better than the KFF-E50A10 (Depth of black still falls a bit short of last year's DLP TV's according to CNET)The price in the US1800, I think over CAN 3100 is too high.
johnac is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2005-09-12, 01:41 PM   #81
Tecumseh
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnac
You can read the reviews of rear-projection TV's on WWW.CNET.COM there are TV's better than the KFF-E50A10 (Depth of black still falls a bit short of last year's DLP TV's according to CNET)The price in the US1800, I think over CAN 3100 is too high.
LOL,
That guy is a paid employee of Samsung. He must be as he constantly over-rates the Samsungs and under-rates the Sony's. Either that or he is simply a bad reviewer.
Tecumseh is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2005-09-12, 05:30 PM   #82
GobstopperZ
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1
Default

I went to the Sony Store in St-Bruno, QC ans they have the new 42" on display. But I am looking for the KDFE50A10 50". The price seems to be set at 3199$ but they gave me a 10% discount right off the bat. Si i guess i can bring it down to 2800$, maybe 2700$ but i think it will be it.And the stand isn't included.

I was wondering if any of you have ever bought stuff like that throught the internet? And if so, if everything is ok. Also, I would like to actually see the TV before i buy it lol I assume the picture is as good as the 42", but who knows.

I have been told they should receive it by the end of the month. I can't wait cuz it seems to be the best tv out there. Everytime I compare picture with another brand, I always find that the Wega one is clearer & sharper.
GobstopperZ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2005-09-12, 06:10 PM   #83
badkarma
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 260
Default

I just went to check out the A10 @ Metrotown Sony Store. They have the 50" A10 on display. I was pretty disappointed. I hope it was crappy setup.
badkarma is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2005-09-12, 10:58 PM   #84
nalbr0277
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarma
I just went to check out the A10 @ Metrotown Sony Store. They have the 50" A10 on display. I was pretty disappointed. I hope it was crappy setup.
hopefully you back up that remark with some more details...
nalbr0277 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2005-09-12, 11:34 PM   #85
badkarma
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalbr0277
hopefully you back up that remark with some more details...
Sorry. I played around with the menu a bit, the Iris was set to default of 2. I had the salesman turn off the lights in the small room, and turned off the sets around since I was getting reflection from them. The picture had a lot of noise, I'll assume that is the source. The black levels were not satisfactory for my tastes(at least from what I saw in that store). I have a DLP front projector that I'm starting to find doesn't have enough contrast and my screen's borders are black. The A10's borders are grey, and the cave scene in LOTR looked greyer than the grey borders. I also noticed SSE I guess people call it? The screen is sometimes visible in certain scenes(think that's SSE). Now that I think about it more, I'm pretty certain my disappointment stems from a poor source. They were playing Nascar 3D on DVD initially, and even that looked bad, colours seemed dull, lots of noise. Don't goto metrotown to checkout this set.
badkarma is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2005-09-13, 01:55 AM   #86
cctyler
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarma
Sorry. I played around with the menu a bit, the Iris was set to default of 2. I had the salesman turn off the lights in the small room, and turned off the sets around since I was getting reflection from them. The picture had a lot of noise, I'll assume that is the source. The black levels were not satisfactory for my tastes(at least from what I saw in that store). I have a DLP front projector that I'm starting to find doesn't have enough contrast and my screen's borders are black. The A10's borders are grey, and the cave scene in LOTR looked greyer than the grey borders. I also noticed SSE I guess people call it? The screen is sometimes visible in certain scenes(think that's SSE). Now that I think about it more, I'm pretty certain my disappointment stems from a poor source. They were playing Nascar 3D on DVD initially, and even that looked bad, colours seemed dull, lots of noise. Don't goto metrotown to checkout this set.

Futureshop is horrible for sending poor signals to televisions. It seems to always be the Sony's that get stuck with the "Futureshop HD Preview" sent over coaxial.....good ol' channel 4.
cctyler is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2005-09-13, 03:50 PM   #87
functor
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 97
Default

Both the 42" and 50" are now on www.bestbuy.ca website. So it wont be long at all until they are in all Best Buy's and Futureshops.

Best Buy is listing the 50" @ $3199, and the 42" @ 2599

I don't have a BB or FS in my city. Someone should take a look on their way home from work to see if they are on display yet.
functor is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2005-09-13, 07:48 PM   #88
nalbr0277
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by functor
Both the 42" and 50" are now on www.bestbuy.ca website. So it wont be long at all until they are in all Best Buy's and Futureshops.

Best Buy is listing the 50" @ $3199, and the 42" @ 2599

I don't have a BB or FS in my city. Someone should take a look on their way home from work to see if they are on display yet.
I am really interested in hearing about what prices people are buying them for. Apparently they're dropping quick in the good ole USofA. Hopefully that happens in Canada.

I was in Sony Store Ottawa (Rideau Centre) last night. They're in stock but the guy didn't want to talk to me given I said that I was going to wait until October to buy it. He slowly checked the price when asked but simply walked slowly to the computer and just checked the Sonystyle.ca website and gave me $2599.99 for the 42". What an ass! Then he said we'd talk when I'm closer to buying. I mean I'm looking for a significant discount and he might as well have started talking price yesterday with me if he expects a sale!
nalbr0277 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2005-09-14, 01:39 AM   #89
Mark Oliver
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 134
Default

My pre-order arrived at the store today and I get my 50" possibly tomorrow.
Mark Oliver is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2005-09-14, 08:20 PM   #90
Mark Oliver
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 134
Default

Totally blown away by the good quality next to my Samsung DLP.


Mark Oliver is offline   Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:56 PM.

Search Digital Home

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.