9200 / 9242 / 9241 Installation 101 - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Satellite TV Hardware Installation Forum

Old 2005-06-28, 02:23 AM   #46
Arthur Dent
Veteran

I don't understand how you guys know that the DPP Twin LNB and the separator will work with a BEV receiver. In the manual and the description of the Dish Pro Plus LNBF it clearly says that this product requires the right software to be downloaded onto the receiver. Up to this moment I haven't seen any indication that BEV will release software support for any kind of Dish Pro or Dish pro Plus hardware. Theoretically it may never support them, so everything described in this thread here will be a waste of time and money.
Am I missing anything? Did Bell officially announce they will support Dish Pro Plus?
Arthur Dent is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2005-06-28, 09:44 AM   #47
Altaman

Arthur:

DPP support is in the firmware of the reciever when you get it. BEV would have to specifically pull out the code in their firmware for DPP support. They have the support in the 6100 and the 5900 that I know of, so why would they pull it from the 9200?

Alt
Altaman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2005-06-28, 09:59 AM   #48
Q
Veteran

They don't officially support the legacy quad or quad pro and they both work as well.
Q is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2005-06-28, 10:41 AM   #49
jeeps17

Hello all,

I'll repost an earlier question in this more relevant thread.

Does anyone know if I can get a working 9200 system with three (not four) cables coming from the dish into a SW44? If so, would there be a specific way to arrange them?

I ask as I had three cables run through the wall in my new house, trying to anticipate future needs (D'oh!!!).

Putting the SW44 outside with the dish and running four inputs/three outputs is apparently not feasible (weatherproofing ). If three inputs won't work, could I split one before the SW44?

Thanks in advance, and apologies for the repost for those who already saw my earlier query.

Jeeps
Jeeps
jeeps17 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2005-06-28, 10:55 AM   #50
Deckster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoe
How do you know?
I received my training yesterday. I was surprised that they are including the SW44 with it.
Deckster is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2005-06-28, 10:59 AM   #51
Q
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckster
I received my training yesterday. I was surprised that they are including the SW44 with it.
Do you know if existing customers with no HDTV will be allowed to get the 9220?
Old 2005-06-28, 11:01 AM   #52
supergenius

Quote:
Do you know if existing customers with no HDTV will be allowed to get the 9220?
Or existing customer with HDTV? There have been conflicting reports about the ability of existing HDTV customers to purchase the 9220. Especially now that they are including an SW44 switch vs. the single SW21 we got with the 6120. It would be really unfair to limit existing HDTV subs from buying the 9220. Not that I would expect any less from Bell......
supergenius is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2005-06-28, 11:10 AM   #53
Deckster

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergenius
Or existing customer with HDTV? There have been conflicting reports about the ability of existing HDTV customers to purchase the 9220. Especially now that they are including an SW44 switch vs. the single SW21 we got with the 6120. It would be really unfair to limit existing HDTV subs from buying the 9220. Not that I would expect any less from Bell......
Yes to both, however the are setting up two kits, one for new customers, and one for existing customers. The boxes are the same as well as the contents, however there will be a sticker on the box for existing customers. Don't think just because a store has a pile of 9220's in stock that they can sell you one, you'll need the 9200 receiver kit.
Old 2005-06-28, 11:13 AM   #54
Q
Veteran

Quote:
Yes to both, however the are setting up two kits, one for new customers, and one for existing customers. The boxes are the same as well as the contents, however there will be a sticker on the box for existing customers. Don't think just because a store has a pile of 9220's in stock that they can sell you one, you'll need the 9200 receiver kit.
I don't get it? If the contents are the same there is no reason to setup 2 kits. There must be something different. My guess. There will be no SW44 switch.
Old 2005-06-28, 11:18 AM   #55
Deckster

Quote:
I don't get it? If the contents are the same there is no reason to setup 2 kits. There must be something different. My guess. There will be no SW44 switch.
My guess is that it is an easier way to control stock levels. If you were ExpressVu and you were running low on inventory of 9200 receivers who would be the first to get them, new customers or existing. I think that it is an easy way to control the ratio based on demand.

Best advice, buy as earlier as possible to avoid that possible situation.

BTW I don't work for ExpressVu so I am just guessing.
Old 2005-06-28, 11:22 AM   #56
North_of_Calgary
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergenius
First of all, I didn't get a SW21 with my 6100. I got the receiver, the remote, and the cables only. (Came in the plain brown box direct from Bell - not the mostly white colored boxes you see in the stores.) I had to run out to the store to buy a SW21 for another $30. I sure got hosed on the price of my 6100 ($699).

Anyway, Deckster I don't quite understand your answer. Are you saying:

New Customers: 9220 without sticker
Existing HD Customers: 9220 with sticker or
Existing HD Customers: 9200 with sticker
Existing non-HD Customers: 9220 without sticker

And if the box and contents are the same, then what's the purpose of the sticker again?
North_of_Calgary is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2005-06-28, 11:26 AM   #57
Deckster

New EVU customers - no sticker

Existing EVU customers - "Existing Customer Sticker"
Old 2005-06-28, 11:28 AM   #58
Q
Veteran

Quote:
BTW I don't work for ExpressVu so I am just guessing.
How could you be trained and know what Bell is going to include then?
Old 2005-06-28, 11:56 AM   #59
Deckster

Quote:
How could you be trained and know what Bell is going to include then?
I work at Bell World, we have access to all sorts of training. I however am not privi to ExpressVu's levels of stock and access to stock. That is why I am guessing on the reason for two different kits
Old 2005-06-28, 12:00 PM   #60
Q
Veteran

Thanks for the updates deckster. I have placed a hold on the unit in a couple of stores. Hopefully I get one soon after release.

Last edited by Q; 2005-06-28 at 12:02 PM.

Tags
9200, 9242, belltv, dpp33, dpp44, expressvu, installation, sw44

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.