Shaw Remote Code for Costco Daytek 32" LCD - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Communications > Shaw Cable

Old 2005-06-17, 10:29 PM   #1
lhsonic

Default Shaw Remote Code for Costco Daytek 32" LCD FOUND!!!

anyone know it?

I FOUND IT! 0060

Last edited by lhsonic; 2005-07-19 at 06:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2005-06-29, 08:28 PM   #2
Zender

I am looking for the code as well and have had no luck so far...

The scan option to go through all the codes doesn't even work from what I can tell.
Old 2005-06-30, 10:37 AM   #3
magnet

You might have to go the jp1 cable method and program it yourself.
Old 2005-06-30, 03:45 PM   #4
Zender

Do you have any intructions on how to do that?
Old 2005-06-30, 06:10 PM   #5
magnet

http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/
I bought the cable through the same website and I used future shop's return policy to get a learning remote for 10 days.
Old 2005-07-02, 03:02 PM   #6
Altaman

Had the same problem with my BEV system, I believe if you use a samsung code you can get it to work. I bought the Samsung HD850 DVD player and it worked the TV out of the box. So then I went to my BEV remote codes and tried the Samsung till I found one that worked.

Alt
Old 2005-07-02, 03:23 PM   #7
Zender

Can you post what code you used?

There is a waytoo tell what code you have programmed... just can't remember off hand how. If you have the remote instrunctions though it says how to output what codes are being used.

Thanks
Old 2005-07-02, 03:55 PM   #8
Altaman

On my BEV remote it is code "516" to control the Daytek DT-3220.

Alt
Old 2005-07-02, 04:29 PM   #9
lhsonic

DAMMIT! BEV! I want a frickin code for my gay SHAW REMOTE!!!

Lucky b!tches! lol
Old 2005-07-19, 02:22 AM   #10
lhsonic

Found the code, it's 0060. TV -> Setup (hld 2 sec.) -> 0060 ->blinks twice, test out by pressing power.
Old 2006-01-01, 01:18 PM   #11
bobby orr

Default Code for Daytek 4202 plasma, Shaw remote

Guys, I cannot locate the code to operate my Shaw remote with my Daytek 42 inch plasma. I tried the 0060 code that others found to work with their Daytek 32 inch but no luck for me. The code scan on my Shaw remote failed as well. Could it have anything to do with my component cable connections? I have my cables connected from my Shaw hi def box to my plasma via component 2. thx.
Old 2006-10-02, 08:16 PM   #12
Dragonmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby orr View Post
Guys, I cannot locate the code to operate my Shaw remote with my Daytek 42 inch plasma. I tried the 0060 code that others found to work with their Daytek 32 inch but no luck for me. The code scan on my Shaw remote failed as well. Could it have anything to do with my component cable connections? I have my cables connected from my Shaw hi def box to my plasma via component 2. thx.
Has nothing to do with it. Daytek uses an infrared range that is out of the typical range of remotes, have fun...I just got used to living with two remotes. If you program your shaw remote to do the volume all you need the other remote for is sizing and power.
Old 2007-01-14, 03:44 PM   #13
chrisale

Default No Luck here either

I just bought a 32" Daytek as well and haven't had any luck with the remote codes either. I actually had a 26" before and 0060 worked fine on it... but no luck with the 32.

If anyone does find a universal remote that works with Shaw and the Daytek, or finds the code for the Daytek 32 on the Shaw HD remote, please post it!
Old 2010-12-26, 03:03 AM   #14
legoman67
Rookie

i know this is old, but i thought i would post for future people who run into this issue.

I have not found a single code that works, but i have been able to get volume and power working(the only real important ones) Enable for this to work you will need the original and working remote from the device.

aim the remotes at each other about 2 inches away on a flat surface, with minimal other light interference

FOR VOLUME CONTROL:
- select TV
- hold setup until it blinks twice
- enter 975
- press the volume up key once on the shaw remote, the TV light should go into a rapid blinking
- press and hold the volume up key on the devices remote until the TV light blinks twice
- press the volume down key on the shaw remote once, again the TV light will rapid blink
- press and hold volume down on the device remote until the TV light blinks twice
- hold setup to exit
- you should now have working volume controls on the TV and CBL modes(automatic programming in the controller uses TV volume as CBL volume)

FOR POWER
unfortunatly, you cannot reprogram the master power button... but there are 3 buttons A, B, and C that are programmable, i used C because it looked like a power button, but you can use any one.
- select CBL(you dont want to have to switch modes to turn the tv off)
- hold setup until it blinks twice
- enter 975
- press the C key once on the shaw remote, the CBL light should go into a rapid blinking
- press and hold the power button on the devices remote until the CBL light blinks twice
- press and hold the setup key to exit

VOILA! its not perfect, but its damn better then 2 remotes! Enjoy!

PS.. this feature is really cool! i was also able to program another button to put my computer to sleep using the media center controller as the 'teacher'
Old 2010-12-26, 03:19 AM   #15
jumpy27
Veteran

So does this mean that the Shaw remotes have a limited learning capability?