OTA: Ontario Parts, Sales, Service, Installers - Page 61 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Where Can I buy and general buying discussions

Old 2011-09-25, 12:22 PM   #901
greypower
Rookie

Thanks. I checked out Home Hardware here in St. Thomas, and they carry both the posts and top rails for chainlink fence. So I have a choice of 1-1/2 inch or 1-1/4 inch pipe.
I've acquired a tower (for free!) from a buddy, and am going to put it up next weekend (weather permitting). I have a YA-1713 on order and will use my existing ANT-2190 UHF head, and CM7777 amp. I will post my results as they become available.
greypower is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2011-09-26, 11:32 AM   #902
Neuro_geek
Rookie

Default Installer for Arthur/Kitchener-Waterloo

I live in Kitchener-Waterloo and had P-H Antenna Service (519-787-5140, Arthur) install my roof-tripod/antenna/amp/rotor on my two story. He's been doing antenna installs for decades (old guy), and brings ChannelMaster stuff if you need anything. It cost about $140, including all the coax and rotor cable. Everything else, I supplied. He was recommended to me by a tech at Neutron Electronics in Guelph. I was happy with his work, so I thought I would post this here.
Neuro_geek is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-09-26, 09:38 PM   #903
brianV

Does anyone know of an installer in the Cornwall area? I am looking for a new rotor, preamp. and cabling.

I have a Delhi 935 on a 5ft mast on a 30ft tower attached to my house; it has a rotor on it, but the control box is long gone, and I have no idea if the actual motor unit still works. Also, the control cable is cut in several places (likely a mishap while trimming grass around the tower).

I'd like to get set up with everything I need to get decent OTA.
brianV is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-09-30, 03:22 PM   #904
JonnoCDN
Rookie

Default OTA Dealer - Ottawa

Hi - with OTA Canada moving from the Carlingwood location, I tried to find another dealer in the Ottawa area (call me impatient).

Has anyone had any experience with ftatronix
JonnoCDN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-10-05, 02:33 PM   #905
firechkn

I know the information is somewhere here, but can someone point me in the right direction?

I'm looking to installing a 25' tower at my new house in Ajax when I move (is that even allowed?).

I'm pretty handy, does it make sense to buy and install the tower myself or get an installer? I don't mind paying a little extra for a quality job.

I already have some OTA gear including 2 CM 4221HD and distribution amp so just looking for the tower.
firechkn is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-10-05, 04:12 PM   #906
Jase88

Exclamation

firechkn,

See this thread to post questions regarding the legal/regulatory issues regarding OTA.

See this thread regarding towers and mounts.
Old 2011-10-09, 03:52 PM   #907
Evilpenguinj

Has anyone ever used RSC Antenna for an installation? http://www.rsctvantenna.com/home.html

I am thinking of having them out and I want to hear from at least one other person who has used them?

Jason
Evilpenguinj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-10-25, 07:43 PM   #908
caput
Rookie

anyone know where I can buy a CM7778 in the GTA with a good return policy? The Source seems to be out of these. I'm at the Yonge/Eglinton area.
caput is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-10-26, 09:23 AM   #909
wild-1
Rookie

sunny direct in Hamilton. I believe there is no store, it is web only. http://www.sunnytech.ca and http://www.sunnytech.ca/catalogsearch/result/?q=cm7778

Wintronic Computers.
Burlington, St. Catharines, Oakville, Wellend, Hamilton, Mississauga, and Guelph.
http://www.wintroniccomputers.com/wi...locations.jspa
http://www.wintroniccomputers.com/wi...230b9010620114

I purchased my CM-7777 and CM-4228 antenna From Wintronic in St. Catharines.You can call their closest store to find out if they are in stock. They may also recommend the cm7777 or cm7778 depending on your location and cable length runs.
wild-1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-10-26, 09:52 AM   #910
caput
Rookie

Thanks... Looks like most stores are on the west end. Do you know if wintronics accepts returns on opened goods? Incase this doesnt work for my situation.
caput is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-10-26, 10:09 AM   #911
wild-1
Rookie

I do not know, You will have to call.
wild-1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-10-26, 02:06 PM   #912
alebowgm
Veteran

Truthfully, the only one with the 'good' return policy is The Source. The majority of other OTA sellers in Ontario are final sale only. If you hire the company to do the install for you, then they may be more lenient in that they may try various parts to see if one is better than another for your sitatuion.
Old 2011-10-30, 01:40 PM   #913
idesignforlife
Rookie

Default Roof Install and setup in Waterloo

Looking for a professional installer for a roof-top installation in north-west Waterloo (columbia forest area), with experience installing antennas in my area. I really want to be able to get the CBC, so any advice on the equipment I need to get a strong, clear signal would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help,

Craig
idesignforlife is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-11-22, 03:10 PM   #914
lima20

Default Installers in Kingston ONTARIO?

Anyone know of good installers in the Kingston - Trenton- Ganonoque corridor please?
lima20 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-12-13, 02:04 PM   #915
FrankTurbo

Default FTA Tronix

found this shop and it's about 1 hours drive from my house.
before I go for a ride I would like to know if it's a good place to shop.

so I need a few items and before I go I would like to know if they are a good shop and if after sales service is good.

thay have stuff for OTA and FTA
FrankTurbo is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.