OTA: Ontario Parts, Sales, Service, Installers - Page 58 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Where Can I buy and general buying discussions

Old 2011-07-01, 12:04 AM   #856
Tom.F.1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my5gems905 View Post
I am interested in installing an OTA antenna. I know absolutely NOTHING about what the best configuration of equipment is or who to hire to install-can anyone shed some light on what my options are? Recommended installers I usually rely on "Teenager" to figure these things out! Thanks so much Cynthia
There is a whole forun here with tonnes of info. Look up the reception results for your area and advice. Then, I'd suggest looking up and calling the OTA fourm sponsor, saveandreplay.com

Start by telling them what province/city you're in, location is everything for OTA. OK, not everything, height of the antenna is the other 3rd.
Advertisement

Old 2011-07-01, 02:52 AM   #857
stampeder
OTA Forum Moderator

Start here, my5gems905:

>>> WELCOME TO NEW MEMBERS: Read these OTA Forum instructions before posting <<<
Old 2011-07-06, 12:54 PM   #858
jokeDR

Tom.F.1: The tripod is a real one with a mast like the one pictured in post#851. What do you usually use in your standard installs?

edit: I will PM

Last edited by jokeDR; 2011-07-06 at 12:55 PM. Reason: add
Old 2011-07-09, 08:55 PM   #859
Tom.F.1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokeDR View Post
Tom.F.1: The tripod is a real one with a mast like the one pictured in post#851. What do you usually use in your standard installs?

edit: I will PM
Basic Installs usually include a wall mount, or roof mount J-pole, chimney mount or Eves mount.
Tripods are more difficult, usually requires access to the attic to install supports to screw the tripod into. Just screwed intop the plywood is definately not good enoungh.
Old 2011-07-12, 07:44 PM   #860
Dalesend
Rookie

Default Orangeville - Collingwood - Alliston - looking for installer

I am looking for an OTA installer in the Orangeville - Collingwood - Alliston area. Barrie is an hour away, as is Fergus/Guelph. I need someone who knows both the business and can install for high winds (80mph+) and heavy snow load.

I am retired and on a fixed income, so these days pennies count, but I will find the money for a good job which won't give up during a winter storm! (or a tornado near miss??)

Thanks in advance

Last edited by stampeder; 2011-07-13 at 11:51 AM. Reason: location added to title
Old 2011-07-14, 09:24 AM   #861
websherpa

Default Burlington / Hamilton / Flamborough OTA Antenna Installer required

I need a reliable, experienced professional OTA digital antenna installer to come mount my pre-existing two antennae ganged set-up to a gable mount and properly point and test it.

So far I've dealt with two installers in the area, one was unprofessional, the other doesn't return calls ... does anyone have a suggestion for a reliable installer who does this full-time and not just as a side-line night job?

Thank you in advance!
Old 2011-07-17, 08:01 AM   #862
Sharp Compet
Rookie

Default OTA Niagara Installer

I am looking for an installer for Welland. I have a 30 foot tower with a VHS antenna with a roter. I want to change the VHS to UHS. I am too old to climb the tower to change the antenna. Can anyone help?
Old 2011-07-17, 09:39 AM   #863
dsspredator

Lots on Kijiji.
Old 2011-07-17, 01:29 PM   #864
stampeder
OTA Forum Moderator

Exclamation A tip for searching this thread

Use the Search This Thread tool to the upper right beside Thread Tools and put in your city, town, or neighbourhood name as the search term, so if there are posts already made in this thread from where you live you can compare.
Old 2011-07-17, 03:00 PM   #865
Sharp Compet
Rookie

ROKA, did you ever find an installer in Welland?
Old 2011-07-21, 05:15 PM   #866
flavoie

Thanks Tweeter, I didn't know this. I've always known them as an FTA retailer. They do have 2 antennas listed on their website, which is better than virtually all Ottawa electronics retailers !
Old 2011-07-25, 11:26 PM   #867
Habby
Rookie

Default Reccomendation for an installer in Burlington?

1000 pardons if this has been covered, but searching "burlington installer" produced nothing. I'm in Burlington, Ontario and wonder if anyone could recommend a reputable & fair installer for an channel master antenna or two? Thanks for any assistance!
Old 2011-07-26, 10:52 PM   #868
websherpa

I can personally recommend Serge at Dr. Sat in Oakville, professional, thorough and knowledgeable about OTA and patient with hybrid antennas. Did a good job on my re-install today. Stayed as long as it took to get the channel balance right on my modded ganged 4221HD set-up. Not cheap. But I get 2 more channels than I did before and much stronger signals from the CN tower, all by patient and experienced aiming.

Last edited by stampeder; 2011-07-27 at 11:29 AM. Reason: quoting removed as per rules of the forum
Old 2011-07-27, 08:14 PM   #869
Habby
Rookie

Thank you! I just fired them off an email.
Old 2011-07-27, 08:25 PM   #870
websherpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habby View Post
Thank you! I just fired them off an email.
Call them during opening hours and get a booking, Serge was really busy when I was trying to book him and that was the best way as he takes a few days to respond to emails.