Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Asian C-Band Ku-Band in Canada

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  cbandsat 
#1 ·
Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to receive a signal for Asian C-Band or Ku-Band satellites from Ontario, Canada.

Particularly I am interested in Insat 4B 93.5 E and AsiaSat 7 105.5 E. Is there any hope at all?

#2 ·
No, as it's on the other side of the world.
93.5 E is 51 degrees below the horizon in Toronto, ON.
Even if it were above the horizon, doesn't mean it's footprint would be covering
North America.
http://www.dishpointer.com/

If there were particular channels u were interested in, occasionally ya might see some station feeds in the clear on NA satellites though.

#6 ·
I have one of these, Vigica C70S, works great for satellite and iptv, kodi, netflix, so on... this little thing moves my 7.5' mesh antenna no problem with the
VBox, and homemade polarotor servo circuit I made (for automatic polarity switching). I moved it to the living room, and put the old Openbox S9 in the basement.
I have not found any feeds that it cannot play (save for 4:2:2 chroma of course).
They have one that comes with an ATSC tuner instead of DVB-S2 also (can't speak to that).
They have a newer quad core version now this year (like many other similar platforms), but I haven't seen the quad core with an ATSC
tuner yet. Makes for a decent combination rcvr / iptv setup. Won't break the bank if ya have kids either.

I am just now starting to dabble with the rasberry pi 2 I received yesterday.

#9 ·
Yeah it says you have to upgrade from the Jadoo 2 to the Jadoo 4 box... another $219.00

Since programming seems to be included with the purchase of the receiver I guess this is how they keep making money?

Anyway I wouldn't bet on any of these IPTV receivers being 'up to date' for more then a year. Things are changing quickly every day as IPTV becomes more advanced.

Looking at yupptv, they sell programming only at $10+ a month, and you use your own device much like Netflix. This is a much better way of doing things as you're not forced to buy some propitiatory hardware that you can only use for one service.

#11 ·
I would be cautious about any "free" IPTV service that offers premium channels. Most of these companies are pirating copyright content and distributing it online without re-transmission rights. Once the content provider catches up with them, they get shut down very quickly.

There are plenty of free international channels on both c-band and ku-band satellite. A lot of it is free and of much higher quality than IPTV. You just need the right equipment to receive it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.