Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Customer Service

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ExDilbert 
#1 ·
I don't call very often but it seems that when I do, the customer service is not what it used to be. The reps seem uninformed, uninterested and act like they are doing you a favour by helping out. For example, I had the timeshift promo for $0.99 a month for six months and then I called to cancel. Well, Shaw's 6 months is not actually 6 months but always pro-rated based on actual days. I marked my calendar for six months and told the rep that my subscription should be expiring and she said it expired a few days ago. I tried to pin her down but then she went into robot mode with her "few days" and either would not or could not give me a specific date. The funny thing is that even though she said the six months expired, my billing actually went another two days after the call was made for an offer that was purportedly already past its expiry date. I'm pretty sure that their reps are between 18 and 25. I detect a tone of entitlement.

#2 ·
I ran into a similar situation with another BDU. Called to cancel just before the end of a promo and had to take it for an extra month "because it had been billed." Not only did we have to pay full price for the remainder of the current month but also full price for the following month. This type of billing is illegal in my opinion. The service should have been cancelled at the end of the current month at the very latest, just like any other service. The other catch is that we we were previously told we couldn't cancel before the end of the promo. As it turns out, subscribers cannot accept the promo (Superchannel at half price for six months) without also being forced to take it for an extra 1+ months at full price. To put it politely, this is a scam being perpetrated by Superchannel and BDUs on unsuspecting subscribers. The attitude of entitlement is being created and passed on by the CSRs' employers, namely Canadian BDUs and broadcasters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.