Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

CBC app on Xbox One

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  j0dest3r 
#1 ·
I tried to watch some shows and everything is in SD !! Should the content be in HD or am I doing something wrong?

#2 ·
I watched dragons den, a comedy special and the mercer report, looks HD to me, XB1 outputs as 1080p, so my receiver always says 1080p regardless of video input.

They start out with low quality stream then kick up as the show starts, Dragons Den might have been full 1080p pic quality was very good,
Maybe stream quality is relative to internet speed? I'm on 50Mbit/s internet

#4 ·
They start out with low quality stream then kick up as the show starts, Dragons Den might have been full 1080p pic quality was very good
I doubt it is 1080p since HDTV delivery in North America only goes up to 1080i and CBC does a lot of their OTA broadcasts in 720p.

It is possible that the CBC's equipment can capture and process at 1080p (or 4k/2160p for that matter) but the only place they would have been able to present it in 1080p would be if they sold BRs of their shows, now they could also stream at 1080p to Xbox One, PCs, etc.

I think there are some CBC engineers around that could comment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.