Shaw Customer Service - good and bad - post comments here - Page 13 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Communications > Shaw Cable

Old 2006-11-09, 02:56 PM   #181
JohnnyCanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJK Reflects/Questions View Post
Well the ratio is 3 to 1 for bad experiences involving Shaw. Very few have had good experience. Along with no respect for customers, Shaw doesn't have courage to respond to complaints and problems. Because they and Rogers have the crtc as a lap dog that looks the other way, don't need to be responsive to their customers.

The ads about 24 7 365 days service is a lie. As for repair calls may not have to wait all day for a poorly trained tech to arrive but have to schedule an appointment days in advance. What progress...not

No, the ratio may be correct for this thread but that hardly reflects the truism that bad news travels faster than good. Most people are not inclined to post positive reviews. hugh already posted that, but it should also not be lost that this is simply a thread at DHC which only reflects a small portion of Shaw's user base.

You clearly have an axe to grind about Shaw and the CRTC. This thread is not the place to debate CRTC policy, but you are wrong when you say Shaw's service promises are a lie. I have had nothing but good experiences with Shaw in the last three years (once they weeded the last remnants of Rogers policy/procedure out of their system). Further, albeit anectotal, my positive experiences with Shaw are reflective of my colleagues, friends, and family. Simply put, everyone I discuss this with has much nicer things to say about Shaw than they do about Rogers, Telus, BC Hydro, or Terasen. That says a lot favourable about Shaw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2006-11-10, 04:00 AM   #182
technut
Veteran

Location: Victoria, BC (on Shaw TV & Internet, Telus home phone, Bell mobile)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
You clearly have an axe to grind about Shaw and the CRTC. This thread is not the place to debate CRTC policy, but you are wrong when you say Shaw's service promises are a lie. I have had nothing but good experiences with Shaw in the last three years (once they weeded the last remnants of Rogers policy/procedure out of their system). Further, albeit anectotal, my positive experiences with Shaw are reflective of my colleagues, friends, and family. Simply put, everyone I discuss this with has much nicer things to say about Shaw than they do about Rogers, Telus, BC Hydro, or Terasen. That says a lot favourable about Shaw.
Johnny, he sounds to me like a disgruntled customer, and probably with good reason. Let him have his say.

Why can't he hold his opinion? Why must you dispute it? Why do you feel compelled to come to Shaw's defence and minimize this person's expression of his experience? Clearly you have an axe to grind.
Old 2006-11-10, 11:07 AM   #183
JohnnyCanuck

No problem with him having his say or being disgruntled. I haven't really responded to anyone else's negative comments in this thread.

I responded to that post because he's had the same say 11 times in this thread and has nothing new to contribute.
Old 2006-11-10, 01:29 PM   #184
oilblue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
I responded to that post because he's had the same say 11 times in this thread and has nothing new to contribute.
Exactly. I've found the posts quite repetitive myself, wondering when a specific Shaw Customer Service incident/story would be forthcoming. Anyway, I better leave it there before I go too far off track (if I haven't already). Just saying I thought JohnnyCanuck was quite polite and restrained. Especially compared to my own reaction reading certain posts... Luckily I was awake enough to not post those particular reactions.
Old 2006-11-11, 02:38 AM   #185
technut
Veteran

Location: Victoria, BC (on Shaw TV & Internet, Telus home phone, Bell mobile)

OK, I agree it would help if there were more specifics to his complaints. But Johnny's rebuttal was pretty short on specifics too.

I see this thread as a place for people to post their opinion/experience without having it debated... without need to defend their position. Let those who read it decide for themselves if the complaints and/or praise are well-founded or not. That's my two cents anyway.
Old 2006-11-11, 05:49 PM   #186
lhartigan

Was on with Shaw today. Was a good experience, asked for the Fully Loaded package, the girl said that it was not "coded" into the system yet for my town, and that she gave me all the channels for free, until the code gets entered. She said it will free until she manually enters the code later... hopefully later means "go home early and never remember"!
Old 2006-11-28, 01:20 PM   #187
Nighthawk 1

Angry Shaw Suggestion

Well here it is 2 days with no internet service in Victoria. I don't care about the internet so much as the loss of phone as we have digital phone with shaw. My cellphone bill will be horrendous now. I've tried the customer support several times just to get an idea on time frame of repairs. Each time I get the recorded greeting coupled with a warning that I will be answered in 10 or so minutes. This 10 minutes never seemed to go down so I gave up as my cell phone minutes mounted.

Now for the suggestion. Whenever there is a major outage, please post on their website (so that if we were at a different location with working internet) or on the phone support line, information as to locations and estimated repair time. I don't think this would be difficult to do. It would certainly free up CSR time so they don't have to keep repeating the same thing over and over.
Old 2006-11-28, 01:28 PM   #188
Nighthawk 1

Just as a quick followup, I just tried to phone again. The 10 min is now 99 minutes. Hmmmm.....wonder if I should wait for that one.
Old 2006-11-28, 03:10 PM   #189
oilerjet

Nighthawk, my phone/internet went down about a month ago, same problem as you - waiting for a CSR while eating up minutes on my cell phone. The problem was fixed in about 3 days. I asked the CSR how Shaw would be compensating me considering my costs for the cell phone and general annoyance caused by having no phone. CSR said, you will be credited for the days when your phone/net was down - which worked out to something like $3!! I asked to speak to a Supervisor who immediately said he would take $60 off that month. Problem solved.
Old 2006-11-28, 07:18 PM   #190
fami

your phone was down for 3 days? Why was it down. was it due to snow storm. thanks
Old 2006-12-14, 10:57 AM   #191
insync44

Always had good experience with Shaw.

They sure give long warranties with their PVR HD.
I purchased a PVR Motorola 6412 HD 2 years 11 months 25 days ago. It was giving trouble. The Technician, very nice fellow, came over yesterday morning checked my Box and gave me a new Motorola 6416 PVR. I was arguing with him that I wanted my similar model but that's all he had.

Anyway I took it. Its working great.

Later found out it is superior to my first generation PVR.

BTW I got the appointment in 2 days. Said he was comming between 8-10 am and came at 9am.

BTW he tested my unit with a HDMI cable and left it behind. I don't know if they come with that PVR.

Last edited by insync44; 2006-12-14 at 11:03 AM.
Old 2006-12-15, 01:04 AM   #192
spitoon

So once again tonight, the PPV hockey broadcast was brutal. Thats 2 bad ones out of 5, not to mention that the PQ is horrible all the time.

Tonight suffered from multiple audio and video drops, and a stretch in the 3rd period of about 6-8 minutes of no video, only audio. The color was badly off, with the yellow base around the boards showing up as lime green.

I tried to phone to complain but the lines were busy, so I sent an e-mail.

When I tried to send the e-mail, it kept asking me for my location (which I had already entered on the form), and gave me options of Red Deer and North, Edmonton, and Ft. Mac...I live near Calgary...nice. I changed my location to Calgary to allow the form to go through.

I'm seriously considering pulling the plug on my PPV deal if possible, it's becoming somewhat embarassing having to appologize on Shaw's behalf when I have people over to watch PPV games.
Old 2006-12-15, 08:08 PM   #193
oilblue
Veteran

I didn't get the Flames PPV last night (what Oiler fan would ).

Judging by this blog post from a Star Choice customer, sounds like the PPV broadcast as a whole was awful. It's possible the problem doesn't rest with Shaw on this one.

Either way, can't blame you for trying to cancel the PPV subscription. The problems certainly justify a cancellation regardless of source.
Old 2006-12-15, 10:18 PM   #194
spitoon

I realize that the problems are unlikely to be Shaw's, but I'm tired of excuses...everytime something goes wrong with a Shaw product/service they put the blame on someone else...guide problems, PQ issues, drop outs, disabled SATA ports etc...

As the end supplier of this product, they need to accept some responsibility for it.

As of now they have not returned my e-mail.
Old 2006-12-16, 02:33 PM   #195
spitoon

They credited my account for the amount of the game...I guess that's all I can ask, except that they try to rectify the problems in the first place.

As I expected they blamed the source feed.

Tags
bill, customer service