CLOSED — Shaw Gateway: Code Update 7.0.1b.17 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Communications > Shaw Cable HD tuner and HD PVR Discussion > Shaw Gateway

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-24, 10:31 AM   #1
Jetranger
Veteran

Location: Calgary SonyTVs,ShawGateway&6Portals DCX3400&3200, 5ShawExpanders:3WD,Seagate,iOmega Harmony One
Default CLOSED — Shaw Gateway: Code Update 7.0.1b.17

This will be the place to post comments and questions for anyone who has received the latest code update starting today. I'm still waiting for it but at least the reports are coming in that it has begun showing up.

See Post #18 in this thread for change list and Software numbers.

=====

OTHER USEFUL THREADS

Fixes & issues
If you're having a problem with the Shaw Gateway, please see if it has already been reported before posting. (This is a running list. Not a discussion thread.)
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/show....php?p=1324303

Adding external drives
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=142528

Wait times for Gateway support
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=145274

Installation and setup
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=145834

Programming universal Harmony remote for use with Gateway
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/show....php?p=1331570

Historical thread for the Gateway with original firmware
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=130143
This thread is now closed but it contains some issues/info that are still pertinent today. Worth taking the time to review.

Historical thread (after Fall 2011 iS2 code firmware update)
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=145709

Last edited by downbeat; 2012-04-25 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Made thread sticky; added resources
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-24, 12:01 PM   #2
sailorickm

Location: Calgary, AB ShawGateway & 3 Portals, Shaw 1TB Expander, Sony 3D KDL-46HX729, HTSF470, 2 BDPS580

FFWD doesn't seem to work any better with the portal upgrade. Hopefully the gateway update will fix it.
Old 2012-04-24, 12:30 PM   #3
skrysko

According to the service menu my Gateway was updated but not the portals.
Old 2012-04-24, 12:51 PM   #4
GamerGuy

sailorickm: I'd have to say my experience is different. My system was acting normal, until it started throwing up errors around 9AM local. (Pacific time) I was watching a recorded show and it stopped dead with the "..encountered a problem..." dialog, and I believe it was a 38xx code. I could not play/delete, or do anything but see the recorded shows for about 3-4 minutes. (A 5102 code)

Once I got control back, (I did nothing, just waited.) I've been trying to "confuse" the Gateway. Something that was easy to do before. Now, I can hit "skip (3 min)" "reply (7 sec)" FWD then REW multiple times in rapid succession in random order and there are no longer those agonizingly long pauses like before. I'm so pleased. *tries again* Yup, very pleased with this.

I'm curious what all was in this update. I'd like the whole "new vs repeat" recording issue fixed. I'm getting tired of having to record tons of stuff I've watched already because the system isn't (Wasn't?) smart enough to know the difference.

As far as I know, I have only had 1 recording issue where just half a show was recorded. I'm not aware of any 100% missed recordings. Having 48 series recordings currently listed it is possible I've just missed it though.

P.S.

Both my devices list today's date and the above (title) code. What does your portal list?
Old 2012-04-24, 01:38 PM   #5
sailorickm

Location: Calgary, AB ShawGateway & 3 Portals, Shaw 1TB Expander, Sony 3D KDL-46HX729, HTSF470, 2 BDPS580

Only 1 of my 3 portals have updated. I'll check again later today...
Old 2012-04-24, 01:43 PM   #6
e 350 coupe
Rookie

I experienced the same symptoms as GamerGuy. I was on the phone with Shaw and 10 minutes later it was working.

I finally spoke to Shaw who informed me that today they are releasing a whole new software not just software and firmware updates.

I was informed the updates will start today and be finished by friday.

Can someone tell me how to check if I have the updates and how to access the service menu, Please.
Old 2012-04-24, 02:40 PM   #7
Jetranger
Veteran

Location: Calgary SonyTVs,ShawGateway&6Portals DCX3400&3200, 5ShawExpanders:3WD,Seagate,iOmega Harmony One

The answer has been posted many times in this forum. Please use the forum Search tool to find it. If you can't manage that, it's post #246 in the 'iS2' thread.
Old 2012-04-24, 02:43 PM   #8
Jetranger
Veteran

sailorickm, you should be able to check the status of all Portals from any one of them using the new 'Dashboard' and also possibly initiate updates if they haven't already updated when you do get back to checking. Let us know what you find.
Old 2012-04-24, 02:47 PM   #9
CowtownBiomed

here e 350...

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/show...&postcount=246

Now the "dashboard" is that something different?
Old 2012-04-24, 02:49 PM   #10
sibble-comp

Both Gateway and all 3 portals updated here (Vancouver)

I like the fact that the new dashboard allows you to cycle through the status for all the other devices, in my case the Gateway and 3 portals.
Old 2012-04-24, 02:51 PM   #11
Jetranger
Veteran

Thanks for taking up more space, Cow. "Give a man a fish..."

For those who aren't seeing improvements with only the Portals updated, both the Portals and Gateway have to be on the same code for them to be effective so once your Gateway has updated too, then you should notice a change.

The 'Dashboard' is in the new code, Cow, and I haven't seen is so I don't know what it looks like or what all the features/options are in it.
Old 2012-04-24, 03:02 PM   #12
sibble-comp

Here you go Jet

Old 2012-04-24, 03:10 PM   #13
Jetranger
Veteran

Thanks, s-c. I have no idea when I am getting this but it is a sure fire way to know if you have the new code when accessing the installer tool. Does this page show up right away or do you have to navigate to it once you go through the usual steps?

Also, I'm assuming you can use the left and right arrow keys to navigate between boxes? It's kind of obscured by your flash. Can you take a picture without it or maybe more from the side so you don't get the reflection if you can't turn it off?
Old 2012-04-24, 03:17 PM   #14
GamerGuy

Quote:
Does this page show up right away or do you have to navigate to it once you go through the usual steps?

Also, I'm assuming you can use the left and right arrow keys to navigate between boxes?
Indeed it does show up right away.

You can.

edit: Fixed my bad English......my native tongue. *hangs head*
Old 2012-04-24, 03:29 PM   #15
sibble-comp

Yes to automatically comes up, pics without flash are too jerky, not so steady hand :-(

What you can't see where the flash is, is the header that cycles through

This Media Player
Other Media Player
Media Gateway

as you press the left/right arrow buttons.

Interestingly enough all my portals work fine, but one seems to consistently show a "Connection State" of "unable to find, searching".

<shrug>

This one portal is consistently a problem, if I just leave it sitting there with the connection message, it some times takes close to 5 mintutes before it connects and shows up properly, cycling through the portals doesn't seem to make any kind of difference. Even more odd, I sometimes see the unable to find message show up for the portal I am running the dashboard on. That same portal works fine otherwise, weird but there you have it...

Last edited by sibble-comp; 2012-04-24 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Adding some more info
Closed Thread