Media Server - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Home Computing

Old 2012-03-08, 09:44 PM   #1
Mavein
Rookie

Default Media Server

I have the Cisco DPC3825 modem and im trying to set up my media server with a wired computer and wireless PS3.

The only way that i am able to see my computer on the PS3 is if it switch all my connections to the same connection type, all wired or all wireless.

Is there any way to be able to keep my computer wired and my ps3 wireless and still be able to stream?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-03-17, 09:49 PM   #2
SnowGoose

By what you described, there should be no reason why you shouldn't be able to see your media server from your PS3 - presumably they're both visible from your Cisco's DHCP Client Table found under the Status Menu's Local Network tab.

You haven't really described what your "Media Server" consists of, but if there's a UPnP aspect to it (rather than just streaming from a file share), you likely also have to ensure that UPnP support is enabled on the Cisco via the Administration Menu's Management tab.

I have connected to a TVersity Media Server hosted on a wired PC from my PS3 Slim with no problem whatsoever.

Good luck!