Panasonic CQ-C5305U in a Matrix. How do I get Sat Radio? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > SiriusXM Satellite Radio

Old 2012-02-28, 03:48 PM   #1
junkmail
Rookie

Default Panasonic CQ-C5305U in a Matrix. How do I get Sat Radio?

I have a Panasonic CQ-C5305U installed in my 2008 Toyota Matrix. The Panasonic CQ-C5305U says it is Sat Radio Ready.

Other than a subscription, what do I need to get sat radio?

Do I just need a SIRPAN1 or SIRPAN1C kit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-02-28, 08:58 PM   #2
McPatrick

they are both the same. one thing to note though this tuner is a gen 1 tuner meaning if we get any new channels like the best of XM package here in canada this tuner will not be able to pick them up. the best route to go these days would be to get the sirius universal tuner. the thing with the newer tuner is though you will have to also buy whats called a "translator" for it to connect to your deck
Old 2012-02-29, 08:31 AM   #3
junkmail
Rookie

thanks for the info.

so I guess I need the Sirius Universal Vehicle Tuner (SCC1C) as well as the Panasonic SiriusConnect™ Adapter (CA-PANSC1U)?
Old 2012-02-29, 02:07 PM   #4
McPatrick

yea thats true. i have the kenwood version of the tuner you first suggested (SIRKEN1). when i got a new car i was mulling over upgrading to that tuner but just put it in the new car just to save some money at that time. if the "best of" pack or any of the XM channels get on sirius canada i will be getting the new one then
Old 2012-04-10, 09:15 AM   #5
junkmail
Rookie

Hi, me again.

What happens if I attach the SCC1C Tuner to my headunit, but skip the Panasonic adapter?

I had a look at the SCC1C at FS and the box seemed to indicate the adapter was optional, but no one could tell me why.

What functionality would I lose without the adapter? Is it possible?

Thanks