Some new ITC HD on DN 61.5 - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Free to Air Satellite Television

Old 2012-02-24, 03:27 PM   #31
Kraven

@BRN--> For the dishes itself, am sure you've seen the movie Christmas Vacation?
Who knows, you might be sitting on a gold mind.

Cheers, K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-02-26, 07:20 AM   #32
cyberham

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV Junkee View Post
...Recently read that a few more channels on the DN sats may have come ITC. Maybe just temporary though...
At last count, up to 10 channels ITC now heading into at least 3 months of ITClearness. Life is temporary too.
Old 2012-02-26, 06:05 PM   #33
HDTV Junkee

cyberham -- I see the 8 that you were referring to on 61.5, but I do not see the other two -- are you talking about another sat?

edit: as I am writing this I see two possible other ones, but are they just radio -- not sure that I would be able to bring them in with the S9.

thanks
Old 2012-02-28, 08:37 AM   #34
cyberham

Sorry to mislead. I was referring to 8 DN plus CNN (gone: last checked NBA TV) and ABC HD both on 87W Ku. I can't check now: snow has buried LNB so no sigs available until I go clean the dish.

Revised: Correction, the ABC HD was on 89W, not 87W. It is gone now.

Last edited by cyberham; 2012-02-28 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Corrected info
Old 2012-02-28, 09:04 AM   #35
HDTV Junkee

Thanks for the update Cyberham
Old 2012-02-28, 09:06 AM   #36
HDTV Junkee

Thanks for the update Cyberham. When I moved my dish to the 103 position from 101 for the SuperBowl feeds (which I never ended up using -- just OTA) my LNB offshoots for 87 degrees and for 95 degrees became 91 and 97 degrees.

I also keep a long broom handy and some cold water in a spray bottle (reaching out the window) in such cases of snow filled dishes.

My own limits due to the eavestrough extension are 110, so I am limited to 61 Amazonas through 110.
Old 2012-02-28, 01:00 PM   #37
Kraven

I personally wouldnt water bottle my dish/lnb, but thats just me.
Also, besides PBS on 125w.. there isnt much on the Ku side above 110.

I lucked out when I installed mine as I inadvertently installed it in the best spot.. I get 61w to 125w no problem (am guessing 61w is the lowest as I never found anything below it).

This spring, when installing the 6 footer, I might have issues getting anything about 121w due to the proximity to the house (colonial style) and the low angle (under 20degrees).

Cheers, K
Old 2012-03-06, 11:43 AM   #38
Steve Gyurki

Default Cant this to work on my S9

I wiped my S9 channel list and started fresh. I hooked up an old 20" Bell dish with a DPP circular lnb instead of the 36" with linear lnb. Created a new satellite and entered the frequency in the first post as transponder 1. Scanned for fta only and get 2 channels - barker channels for Dish business services. If I scan in all - I get many scrambled channels but not the ITC ones. Tried setting the lnb to several different settings (I think 10500 gave the the highest quality) but it does not have a setting for linear and I don't know the true frequency of the DPP lnb.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steve
Old 2012-03-06, 12:08 PM   #39
cyberham

The five NC network locals went black this hour.

Shall we all go to C-band?
Old 2012-03-06, 12:37 PM   #40
Steve Gyurki

Default Arg! don't you love this hobby...

I guess my next project is to temporalily hook up my 1m with the wierd skew on 103 for the NBC channels. Winter really has not come here this season (tommorow it is going to 11C and next weeks forcast is up to 13C) so there is no excuse to not experiment outside.

Sigh.

Steve
Old 2012-03-06, 01:08 PM   #41
Classof83

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberham View Post
The five NC network locals went black this hour.
Say it ain't so!
Old 2012-03-06, 03:44 PM   #42
cyberham

It's so. But...why not go check those tp now....hehehe...
Old 2012-03-06, 08:11 PM   #43
wilspin
Corporate Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gyurki View Post
I wiped my S9 channel list and started fresh. I hooked up an old 20" Bell dish with a DPP circular lnb instead of the 36" with linear lnb. Created a new satellite and entered the frequency in the first post as transponder 1. Scanned for fta only and get 2 channels - barker channels for Dish business services. If I scan in all - I get many scrambled channels but not the ITC ones. Tried setting the lnb to several different settings (I think 10500 gave the the highest quality) but it does not have a setting for linear and I don't know the true frequency of the DPP lnb.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steve
Went thru same issue. just nothing over and over then boom there they were.

Twinntech supports Digital Home
Old 2012-03-06, 08:27 PM   #44
HDTV Junkee

Cyberham,

Having a tough time picking up Symbol Rate of 21500 on the Openbox for 61.5

Is this even possible with this receiver? I am aware that 22500 is not possible, but.

Thanks for the update -- looks like a new promotion -- maybe until March 31st this time. Wasn't that far off on the previous one.

I think with the advent of the new Apple TV, cable and satellite companies will be looking for ways to give freebees to their best customers.

Our 20% discount was up this month with Rogers (had it for two years -- VIP digital). They were only too happy to give it to us again, yet this time they said, we will give you 25% off (ie. to stay with us for another year).
Old 2012-03-06, 08:32 PM   #45
cyberham

Quote:
Having a tough time picking up Symbol Rate of 21500 on the Openbox for 61.5

Is this even possible with this receiver? I am aware that 22500 is not possible, but.
No, it's not possible on a regular Openbox. But these are all 20000 so you can see them.

Quote:
Our 20% discount was up this month with Rogers (had it for two years -- VIP digital). They were only too happy to give it to us again, yet this time they said, we will give you 25% off (ie. to stay with us for another year).
Rogers is nice! I negotiated with Eastlink cable for a month to retain the discount and they wouldn't budge an inch. So I quit them and moved to Shaw Direct. Now I only subscribe to Basic package and save a bundle.