Some new ITC HD on DN 61.5 - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Free to Air Satellite Television

Old 2012-02-15, 12:39 AM   #16
Classof83

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberham View Post
I just erased all my channels from 61.5W and did a clean new blind scan. You need to edit the frequency of the 12268 H 20000 blind scan result (5 channels on this tp) to 12559 H 20000. Without any further editing, the 5 nets are then immediately visible and audible.
Are you able to edit the frequencies of the channels in your receiver, or do you use a software editor? For some reason, I can't get NBC to fully come in. I saw it at 12668 for a bit, but then I lost it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-02-15, 09:01 AM   #17
cyberham

The Openbox S9 doesn't allow you to edit transponder or channel data on the box. You must use an external editor on a PC. I use S9-loader_Editor_HD which you can find and download for free by entering that title into Google. I guess there are several programs available that can do this.

I use the ethernet network connection on the S9 to upload and download the file called tpprog.dbs to/from my PC. It is an elegant method. I can download the file to PC, edit it, upload the file back to the S9 in the time it takes for a commercial break to end. Actually, you can do it a lot faster than that.
Old 2012-02-15, 09:17 AM   #18
Classof83

I see... that is nice you can upload and make changes relatively quickly. The SV8000 also has a channel editor, and I use a USB stick to update / make changes. I saw NBC coming in like I mentioned, and I moved it from 12668 to 12559 in my editor, but it still didn't work. I did get it to work on my AZ Box by entering in the PID info, so maybe I'll just have to watch any programming on the Peacock Network on there (although I have to physically change an A/B switch, which I can't remotely do either when watching things on my phone / tablet).
Old 2012-02-15, 09:39 AM   #19
cyberham

You say you "...moved it from 12668 to 12559 in my editor...". I presume you meant 12268 (typo). With my S9, I don't move the channel to a different tp; I literally just edit the tp frequency of 12268 to 12559 and all channels appear.
Old 2012-02-15, 11:23 AM   #20
frubsen

What size of dish and LNB are required to pick these up? DVB-S2?
Old 2012-02-15, 11:34 AM   #21
cyberham

A modest Ku-band dish (30" or larger?) should be fine since these unscrambled signals are coming from Dish network's satellite. Best to have a circular LNB for strongest signal reception. They are DVB-S. I have 75% quality always in any weather with a 1-metre dish and circular LNB duct taped to the side of my linear LNB.
Old 2012-02-16, 08:39 AM   #22
wilspin
Corporate Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilspin View Post
I am not getting these. What did I miss?
well kept re scanning, lost all signal, moved cable from motor to LNB still nothing. Guess I got an answer to the question. new one on order.

Twinntech supports Digital Home
Old 2012-02-16, 09:35 AM   #23
tigwelder

Smile

Finally got these working using an old dish 500 I had lying around,signal is booming in with 100% quality.Im using an azbox ultra and these channels wouldnt scan in I had to input them manually,hope this lasts for awhile.
Old 2012-02-16, 09:38 AM   #24
cyberham

There is no guarantee how long they will last, but it's fun while they're here. I guess that old dish is optimized for these Dish tps.
Old 2012-02-16, 11:18 PM   #25
Classof83

I'm amazed how solid these signals are! I stream them to my TV upstairs via the Sling Catcher, and I can change channels on the AZ Box using my RF remote! There are no dropouts, and everything looks crystal clear, even when streaming the HD signal wirelessly over the home network!

Long live technology!!!
Old 2012-02-21, 04:25 PM   #26
bigredneck

I put up an old DN dish with lnb"s , I thought i would try to hit 61.5 while these channels are ITC , I dont understand the skew i found on dish pointer. -37.5 degrees. The dish I put up doesnt go negative numbers so which way do i go ? Sounds like a newbie question, but I dont have much experience with these.
Old 2012-02-21, 04:34 PM   #27
cyberham

-37.5 degrees skew means you stand in front of the dish, facing the dish, then rotate the LNB clockwise 37.5 degrees. Or, standing behind the dish, the LNB will be rotated counterclockwise (negative skew).

That sounds about right for you to hit 61.5W since you are roughly between 92 to 94 degrees W longitude in Arkansas. I'm sure you'll get a strong signal with that DN dish.

Added: 61.5W is a satellite that requires a circular LNB. Why would you need to skew a circular LNB? Isn't' that only necessary for a linear LNB?

Last edited by cyberham; 2012-02-21 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Added skew question
Old 2012-02-21, 05:28 PM   #28
HDTV Junkee

After reviewing the thread's comments (above) a couple weekends ago, I put out in the backyard the pizza pan dish that I found laying out on garbage day a couple of years back. Took off the linear LNB that I had on previously for the Patient Channel TP -- and put on the circular LNB. Scanned with the S9-- no problem.

My expectation is that after the DN promotion is over at the end of February that most (if not all) of these ITC channels across all DN sats will disappear.

Would be nice if they stuck around for a while, but I would think highly unlikely.

PS. No skew -- circular (11250)
Old 2012-02-24, 10:39 AM   #29
bigredneck

When I used to have DN , I noticed that the entire dish skews, not the LNB individually. Since I put up an entire DN dish complete with existing circular LNB, I figure I will have to skew the dish as they did before .
We do demolition work ( no explosives) and my son saves all of the DR & DN dishes for me. He doesn't know the difference, and that I don't need them, so I have , literally , a pile of dishes out behind the barn . I guess I'll go to the scrap yard eventually.
Old 2012-02-24, 01:38 PM   #30
HDTV Junkee

In this area, we usually get 5 to 6 cents per pound. Though, certain larger items cars, trucks etc. get more.

If I had your collection of scrap, I would get what I could for them. Amazes me on the American Pickers' shows how many people really collect old scrap (anything).

Sometimes I keep some old Circular LNB's that I find laying around on garbage day. I had heard that you can convert these to linear if one needed to. Though I do not know how.

Recently read that a few more channels on the DN sats may have come ITC. Maybe just temporary though. Weather not so good for experimenting.