How to temporarily disable Telus Internet. - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Telus > Telus High Speed Internet and Home Phone

Old 2012-01-05, 10:08 PM   #1
Me0my
Rookie

Default How to temporarily disable Telus Internet.

Now to start I am a compute idiot, so speak slowly. We used to be on Shaw Cable for our internet and cable. And when the kids in the house were grounded or on the computer too late, I would just go over to the main Shaw box and unplug it. Viola no internet on anyones computer.

But now we've switched to Telus internet, and I notice the main box is locked up outside, is there anyway to temporarily switch off the internet when your on Telus.

We have some teenagers at home, that have computers in their bedrooms, and for school they need to have access, so please don't suggest the obvious of moving the computers to a central room or such. But at 2am they no longer need to be playing on the internet - so I need to be able to shut them down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-01-06, 08:32 AM   #2
staeit

Do you have the actiontec router? If so, view here: http://i43.tinypic.com/123non7.png

If not, your router may have a similar configuration. It's a little more elegant, and automatic, solution. Most routers nowadays have access scheduling based on MAC address (i.e. specific to a computer).