Fibe TV 2012 New Channels Discussion - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Fibe TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-01, 10:42 PM   #1
Dr.Dave

Default Fibe TV 2012 New Channels Discussion

New Channels always generate a lot of discussion so this thread is for discussing new channels coming to Fibe TV in 2012.

There is an active thread in the Bell Satellite TV forum for discussing new channels, so please use that thread for satellite. Fibe TV has most of the channels that satellite has, but the lineups are not identical and the channel numbers are different.

You're welcome to speculate and discuss new channels coming to Fibe TV but PLEASE unless it's been confirmed by an official press release, be clear about what is speculation and what is fact.

A post saying "a CSR said it was coming" is NOT official, however, it does put it in the "highly" likely category.

If its posted on the CRTC site that its been approved by the CRTC but Bell has not said anything, I would consider that in the "not very likely at this time" category.
Dr.Dave is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-01-04, 03:39 PM   #2
Richtv

Bell Fibe TV should add CFPL-TV (CTV2) London, Ontario, WDIV (NBC), WXYZ-TV (ABC), WWJ-TV(CBS), WJBK-TV(Fox) and WTVS (PBS) Detroit, Michigan for Bell Fibe TV customers in the Windsor/London corridor.

Bell Fibe TV should add CHEX-TV (CBC) Peterborough, Ontario to its Fibe tv line for Bell fibe TV customers in Toronto & Peterbough area.

Bell Fibe TV should add CKWS-TV (CBC) Kingston, Ontario to its Fibe tv line for Bell fibe TV customers in the Kingston & Ottawa area.
Richtv is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-01-04, 08:29 PM   #3
betterthancable

From what I understand there are not any customers outside of Montreal, GTA and Quebec City. When and if they expand to those Ontario cities they may be required by license to carry those channels.
betterthancable is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-01-11, 05:29 PM   #4
John769

Default New Channel in 3D?

A new channel just appeared: 1417 3DGLF

All I see at present is colour-bars.

Could it be a 3-D channel?

Oh, the 20 NFL Sunday package channels went poof! Makes sense...
John769 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-01-11, 05:37 PM   #5
Dioneo
Veteran

3D golf? What an excellent use of 3D technology.
Old 2012-01-11, 05:40 PM   #6
WestAust

It's 3D golf channel, they are presenting the Sony Open live from Hawaii this weekend in 3D

http://www.pgatour.com/2012/tourname...aii/index.html (no mention of Bell Fibe but the timing is right)
WestAust is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-02-23, 06:07 PM   #7
ryandude_12345

Has no one noticed CTV News Channel HD on 1501 yet?
ryandude_12345 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-02-24, 01:37 AM   #8
John769

Well, I put it on the talk page of this Wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bell_TV_channels

on Feb 16, and someone added it to the article...
Old 2012-02-25, 06:13 PM   #9
deadtorights
Rookie

Does someone have an idea what the Good, Better, Best plan are for quebec/montreal and the price?

I hear they are changing it.
deadtorights is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-02-25, 08:33 PM   #10
Dr.Dave

So far it appears the Good, Better, Best plans only apply to Ontario. The best place to discuss this is in the Fibe TV 2012 programming packages and pricing thread.
Dr.Dave is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-02-27, 10:31 AM   #11
Cardiac

Not true. I live in Quebec and the bundles apply to here, at least according to the website. I will post those details in the other thread.
Cardiac is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-02-27, 11:22 AM   #12
WestAust

Cardiac: The bundles they are discussing are Channels Bundles from fibeTV, not multi-services ones like you posted in the other thread.

On the FibeTV site, if you select Ontario as the province, you'll see the programming options are much more limited and are called Good, Better, Best
WestAust is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-03-01, 04:06 PM   #13
John769

Default US College Basketball

There are now four new HD channels, 1471 to 1474, MMHD1 to MMHD4.

They are apparently devoted to the NCAA basketball tournament. March Madness; perhaps only the first round...

There are now 584 items in the complete Guide.
Old 2012-03-06, 01:25 PM   #14
SunnySide
Rookie

I finally customized my channels and eliminated all the channels I am not subscribed to so I can flip in peace. My question now is will I be able to see a preview for a channel I am not subscribed to if I removed it from my channel list.
SunnySide is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-03-06, 04:58 PM   #15
John769

My experience has been that any new channels added by Bell Fibe are automatically included in each STB customized guide. This is the case for both new channels available in preview, and new channels that are part of a package that I don't subscribe to. So while flipping I'll see a program listing that interests me, select it, and find that the program is not available to me.

Then I go through the "Customize Guide" procedure to eliminate them from my guide...
Closed Thread

Tags
brasil, international, portuguese, rbti

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.