Aliant TV 2012 New Channels Discussion - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Aliant Home Phone, Internet, IPTV

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-23, 10:00 AM   #61
habskilla

If you have an issue with HDMI right now, you can't call Aliant to help you troubleshoot your issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-03-23, 10:05 AM   #62
NO-CRTC

Gotcha, thanks.
Old 2012-03-24, 03:36 PM   #63
NO-CRTC

I know that employees of Aliant watch these forums. And I'd just like to say thank you for listening, and help pushing for the AMC channel to come on. A BIG Thank you to you. And thanks to all the "complainers", without who's help we wouldn't have gotten this great channel. And a big thanks to those people who listening to all the complains and dealt with it.
Koodos Bell Aliant for finally coming through.
Old 2012-03-27, 05:54 PM   #64
Danster

Is there a Karaoke section on Aliant like ROGERS? If there is, where is it? If not, why not?
Old 2012-03-28, 11:21 PM   #65
McPatrick

just an update ABC Spark is now on channel 261. and no there is no karaoke section. i doubt many people would use it anyway.
Old 2012-03-29, 07:18 AM   #66
NO-CRTC

Better people doing it at home than in the bars... LOL
Old 2012-03-29, 06:24 PM   #67
Danster

Well spank me badly. It must just be at our house that we used to play karaoke from ROGERS. That way, it saved me from embarrassments. Now I have no choice but go out in the open. Karaoke King, move over cause here I come.
Old 2012-04-30, 04:28 PM   #68
Commander_Kang

Default NFL Sunday Ticket

Getting a bit nervous regarding the availability of NFL Sunday Ticket on FibreOp. I agreed to an install in @ 3 weeks time when the salesman came to our door. He assured me that Aliant has picked up Sunday Ticket because they "had to" due to demand. However, it is currently not showing in their Premium Sports section online. Does anyone know if this package is in fact available with Aliant?

I will be leaving Bell Satellite, which from what I see, has a far better offering with respect to HD availability. I can't believe that History and Discovery are not available in HD on FibreOp. I hope they pick up some more HD channels ASAP, or the switch to FibreOp might be a non-starter for me. Without wishing to sound like a snob, I can't believe that in this day and age, there are people out there who still sit and watch SD content.

My current wish list for HD channels is:

-NFL Sunday Ticket HD
-NFL Network HD
-Spike HD
-Discovery HD
-History HD

Later.

Kang
Old 2012-04-30, 06:20 PM   #69
Testo

I hope that with the huge pickup for TV orders due to FOP that Aliant will have more push with the companies which provide all of this HD content.
Old 2012-04-30, 07:01 PM   #70
sherwooddavid

I've been holding off changing over to FibreOp from Bell Satellite also until they get NFL Sunday Ticket. I hope the salesman is right and they pick it up this fall.
NFL Network HD would be great also !
Hope somebody out there knows if this is true.
Regards,Dave
Old 2012-04-30, 07:06 PM   #71
file

Unfortunately Bell Aliant is still a pretty small fish in a big sea. According to the first quarter report of this year total number of TV subscribers is only 85,000. Not a huge amount.
Old 2012-04-30, 08:52 PM   #72
Danster

It's up to the owners of FibreOp to promote it to our friends. I would like to see many of the channels that we have in SD to be HD....CBC Newsworld, Discovery....
Old 2012-05-01, 06:48 AM   #73
foggy182

I got a call from Bell Aliant a few days ago, announcing the availability of Fibre Op in my area (NL). I told him I would sign up in a hearbeat if Sunday Ticket were available. He said that this was the first time he had heard this request, and that he would inform his superiors. I believe him, we had a nice chat about fibre in general, the available promotions, what was involved in the install, etc. A reasonable intelligent guy, but he was really just calling to promote the availability of fibre, so there was no point in asking him if he knew when or if Sunday Ticket would be available. I am going to hold off signing up until it becomes available. I just can't live without the NFL. I have Rogers now.
Old 2012-05-01, 06:58 AM   #74
rpwilso
Rookie

Default Re: Bell Satellite /Rogers

As I peruse the forum here, I see people complaining about Rogers Atlantic and how slow they are to add new services (they are), but they'll go there if BellAliant doesn't add "their" channel; and saying "if BellAliant FibreOP doesn't get this, or do that, etc. I'm going to Bell Satellite". Good Luck with that. I just left at the end of a 2 year contract with Rogers.

Having had to contact their customer service (notice I didn't capitalize the "C" and the "S" - as they SHOULD BE if Customers actually mattered to the providers) representatives on numerous occasions regarding signal loss and, yes, a few times, late payments, they take a complete "screw you" attitude. And that attitude extends to their supervisors as well. It is absolutely horrid. So, feel free to go to Rogers, but good luck.

I found my average wait time to actually talk to somebody was about 20 minutes. And Bell Satellite is worse. Average wait time there was 40 minutes. As I lived in the country at the time, for a long time satellite was the only game in town, other than rabbit ears. I was with them for 7 years.

One time about 2 1/2 years ago, I had an issue with my services (some channels went off and they didn't know why) and I was frustrated and upset. I asked to speak to a supervisor. 5 minute hold, then the CSR came back and said "She doesn't want to talk to you". That was after about an hour and a half on the phone, including waiting for pickup. That's when I WENT to Rogers.

I've since moved into Fredericton, and have FibreOP. BellAliant has, hands down, the BEST Customer Service in the business. I'd like a few more channels, too. Like Newsworld HD. But I'm really glad to have Equator HD and Oasis HD back. I missed them when I went to Rogers from Bell Satellite, as Rogers DOES NOT carry those. So it's a trade off for channels.

And when the wind blew 50-60 kms or harder, my satellite cut in and out, as the dish blew just a tad, making the channel I was watching (yes, including sports) unwatchable and frustrating. My dish was mounted 5 feet off the ground on a tree base 30" in diameter. The tree went nowhere. It never moved. The dish material was too thin to withstand the wind.

Hope these experiences help somebody.

Last edited by Danster; 2012-05-01 at 07:11 PM. Reason: broke up the post in readable paragraphs.
Old 2012-05-01, 01:21 PM   #75
sherwooddavid

Just called Bell Aliant Customer Service and they told me NFL Sunday Ticket WILL be offered this fall. Great news....I'll be leaving Bell Satellite !
Closed Thread