EastLink 2012 New Channels discussion - Page 10 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > EastLink

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-22, 07:57 PM   #136
denben73

Location: Cogeco - Windsor, ON; Motorola DCT6416 & Pace DC550D, Xbox360, Wii, SiriusXM, iPad2 & Galaxy S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbangr View Post
Big News - Whole bunch of the new HD has shown up in my guide here in Lunenburg. Only came in today.

Also has Doc HD? was that available to anyone before?
Congrats. Yes we have had Doc HD on 665 for awhile.
denben73 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-02-22, 08:58 PM   #137
meldome

I don't know what to say.... Lunenburg just joined the 21st century!! We're just like everyone else now. This is a very emotional moment for me right now. I cry tears of joy!
meldome is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-02-23, 12:06 PM   #138
gbangr

So just called Eastlink because Much HD was showing as unauthorized. They said they can't activate it as the channel is not available in my area. I said well it is, its showing in my guide.

They said well they might be testing it but they only see the channels as unavailable in this area right now.

So not sure whats happening, 95% working, but I seem to know more about it then the CSR's.
gbangr is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-02-23, 02:21 PM   #139
denben73

Location: Cogeco - Windsor, ON; Motorola DCT6416 & Pace DC550D, Xbox360, Wii, SiriusXM, iPad2 & Galaxy S4

From my experience, the CSR checked the channel listing on the website. It's probably not updated and if it doesn't show up there it doesn't exist for you as far as they are concerned. No matter if you've had the channel for 5 years or it is showing in your guide. I went through this when we got that same channel last summer. Give it a few more days then try the online chat.
Old 2012-02-23, 04:01 PM   #140
eastcoast gal

I'm with denben on that. We get Much SD so there's no reason we wouldn't get the HD version. Mine also says unauthorized but I couldn't be bothered to call them. I'll wait a couple days and see what happens.
eastcoast gal is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-02-23, 07:24 PM   #141
Doppelganger399

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbangr View Post
Big News - Whole bunch of the new HD has shown up in my guide here in Lunenburg. Only came in today.

Also has Doc HD? was that available to anyone before?
Got Doc HD in Newfoundland this summer not sure of exact date.
Doppelganger399 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-02-24, 02:10 AM   #142
denben73

Not great news but at least things are moving forward...even if it is glacial.
There will be a deal someday other wise we would end loosing a lot of channels in the future.

http://www.cartt.ca/news/13247/Cable...mediation.html

Last edited by denben73; 2012-02-24 at 02:13 AM. Reason: EDIT: The link is now dead, unless you have a login.
Old 2012-02-24, 05:34 AM   #143
David1953

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia(Maestro whole home PVR with two terminals)

I was able to read the link exactly once, denben73.(Now, I wish that I had read it more thoroughly when I had my one chance, in case I missed any dates) The way it is set up is that one can read the article exactly once, then a subsciption is necessary to read it again.

Although I would have preferred to see Eastlink agree to the same terms as other cablecos, at least the wheels are turning. However, I don't know how long it will be before this hearing, or at least a decision, takes place.(some arguments have already been put forth) I sure don't like the thought of losing all those channels, should the mandatory mediation fail. Obviously, in any case, it will be a long time before we see the HD versions of Bell Media channels, since the decision may not take place before summer. It would be bad if a deal could not be reached, since we could even be faced with the loss of channels like TSN.

Edited, I was able to read the article again, after accessing it from a different machine, my iPad, in fact. This time I did print it out.
David1953 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-02-24, 08:18 AM   #144
gbangr

Much HD seems to have disappeared from the guide here now, i guess they got tired of calls lol

WE also now have some of the SD channels that we were missing like Bite and Aux now also.
Old 2012-03-06, 02:41 PM   #145
David1953

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia(Maestro whole home PVR with two terminals)

A couple of new HD channels showed up today on Eastlink's Halifax's lineup, channel 611 OMNI1 HD, and channel 612 OMNI2 HD.
David1953 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-03-06, 02:56 PM   #146
greenshadow

boo nothing down here in NB i was hoping they where going to get those channels there good time fillers
greenshadow is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-03-06, 03:11 PM   #147
meldome

We got the two new channels in Lunenburg as well. Channel's 611 and 612.
meldome is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2012-03-06, 03:31 PM   #148
denben73

What? 2 new channels? How come we are always the last....wait a minute, we've had those for a year now.

Congrats on the new channels. Carry on.

P.S. Still waiting for PBS Detroit, we will get it "very soon" and NFL Network in HD.
Old 2012-03-06, 03:33 PM   #149
gbangr

still curious as to why Much HD was in the guide but no longer is down here in Lunenburg. I wonder if it has something to do with the ongoing issues with Bell?
Old 2012-03-06, 07:28 PM   #150
smallmj

No sign of OMNI HD's here, but I noticed something new in the guide tonight.

394 AMIAU AMI Audio

Don't know what it is, it was a black screen with no sound when I tuned in.

Mark
smallmj is online now   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.