New Samsung receiver switches source on start up??? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Home Theatre Corner

Old 2011-12-22, 02:46 PM   #1
probichaud

Default New Samsung receiver switches source on start up???

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue:

I have:
I have a new Samsung surround sound receiver (HW-D650S), a new Samsung TV (55" LED), Rogers HD PVR and use a Logitech Harmony One universal remote. All devices are connected using only HDMI cables.

The issue:
When I press 'Watch TV' activity, all devices power on, the receiver defaults to SAT (as programmed via Harmony), then after 5 seconds the receiver switches to the TV source - as a result I lose the cable picture.

as a temporary workaround, i have to select Devices, then AV Receiver, then select the input SAT button... every time I turn on the TV...

I suspect:
what may be happening is the receiver is looking for a signal from the TV - which may be delayed, then switches to TV when it doesn't receive it in time.

Advice:
anyone every heard of this issue and can advise on a possible solution?

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2011-12-22, 03:13 PM   #2

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD

Make sure you turn off any HDMI link features on all your devices so that the Harmony can do its thing without interference:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=71112 Item 4

Here's a useful post - FAQs, Search Tips, Optimization, etc:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741
Old 2011-12-23, 08:58 AM   #3
Jake

What 57 said. Those Samsung TVs use Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) which I dislike. If you disable the Anynet+ in the setup your system should not change inputs. Nor will it power up or down attached devices.
Old 2011-12-23, 01:01 PM   #4
ScaryBob
Veteran

Another solution would be to add a command at the end of the startup sequence that switches the TV back to the correct source. That's done in the Harmony activity setup wizard. Other commands can be added such as switching the receiver's audio to DD5.1. Yet another would be to change the order in which devices turn on.
Old 2012-03-02, 12:09 AM   #5
kushari
Rookie

Hey probichaud, I just regeistered to tell you that WOW. I have the same TV and AV reciever and the same Harmony remote. So freaky. I also have the same problem. PS did you buy your tv and reciever as part of a package on sale from futureshop?