Shaw Friends: Loyalty reward program - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Communications > Shaw Cable

Old 2011-12-06, 08:24 PM   #31
trask

Yeah I don't get the need to complain on a thread that outlines a reward plan for customers. We have a Shaw rant thread for that. This may not be much in some peoples eyes, but as a long time customer, I appreciate being given anything, as usually long term customers get nothing until threatening to cancel and go somewhere else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2011-12-06, 08:38 PM   #32
jorton

How about a free HD VOD per month?

I pay over $200 a month (taxes in) for my triple play with BB100 and most PP packages to get all the HD I want. I have no interest in NFL or NHL (that I will have to pay more to get the 15% off...) and the extra bandwidth is meaningless to me as I have BB100 and still can't even hit half that bandwidth a month... And like most have pointed out we (triple play customers) already had lifetime warranty so where's the bonus there for the triple play customers, the double play got it added???. Two free "one time" VOD's is not appropriate for the length of time I have been a customer while they keep coming up with promos for new customers. I think I have had about 5 VOD's in the past 10 years on Shaw so it's not like they will be losing out by giving out a monthly freebie

Don't get me wrong I've already signed up for the program and I love my Shaw service. Is it a bit high $ wise maybe... but for the amount of Shaw equipment I have (too embarrassing to list...) and the amount I pay a month and the 12 years I have been a customer this "friends" thing and my two free one time VOD's just doesn't cut it...

Maybe this will lead to something more appropriate,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw Champ View Post
It doesn't stop there. Members will receive regular rewards...
Old 2011-12-06, 10:28 PM   #33
mike70sk

it does say more gifts will be offered so there could could be more vod's coming in the future. at least these vod's are in hd, ive gotten offers in the mail from shaw for free sd vod, which i threw out of course.
Old 2011-12-08, 09:08 PM   #34
Jason316

they should offer 2 free vods per year

per month for me.....been a Shaw/Rogers/Shaw customer since 1988

North Vancouver has always been shaw country(except for 2-3 years i believe)

Vancouver on the other hand was always Rogers country(until Shaw/Rogers made a deal)

OFF TOPIC:

Rogers(Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby, ect) used to get 3 EXTRA SuperStaions WPIX, KTLA & WSBK while we in Shaw country(North Vancouver, West Vancouver, South Surrey, ect...) didn't...so i was always jelous of my friends who had Rogers
Old 2011-12-09, 01:01 PM   #35
buckycat

Default Hd VOD $6.99

I notice people talking about getting two VOD in HD, unfortunately they are $6.99 each, as per this example http://vod.shaw.ca/details/122052/Super_8/.
I wonder the credit can be used for PPV as those seem to be $5.99 in HD.
Old 2011-12-09, 01:06 PM   #36
Shaw Champ

Location: AB. LG47"LE5500/Toshiba 32E200U /BDC6500/ Shaw Gateway

^ The 2 x VOD are 2 VOD movies to the value of $11.99 each. So a person who signs up can get 2 x HD VOD movies @ $6.99 each no problem. The VOD movies are for VOD only and not PPV.

On a side note we just dropped the price of VOD by $1 both in SD and HD to all customers (single and double play) Triple Play customers had been receiving this discount for a while. Regular rates are SD = now $4.99 and HD = $6.99 for all customers now.
Old 2011-12-09, 01:09 PM   #37
buckycat

I misread, I Thought it was $11.99 in total. Thanks for that.
Old 2011-12-09, 01:17 PM   #38
Kritiker

Anyone have any more details on the warranty questions tux and I had?

Has anyone been able to schedule a Concierge Visit yet?
Old 2011-12-09, 04:46 PM   #39
1234greg
Rookie

I sure hope long time customers will be offered something FAR more substantial than a couple of movies and distinctive ring. Will certainly be switching companies after the holidays if this is all that's forthcoming. Should have made the switch last month but heard there were big announcements coming; what a joke!
Old 2011-12-09, 07:08 PM   #40
jorton

At the moment it looks like the single and double play "friends" are coming out better than the triple play "friends"... VOD discount, Lifetime Warranty... where's the love for the long term triple play customers?
Old 2011-12-10, 09:59 AM   #41
doglips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw Champ View Post
Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback so far. Appreciate it!

2 Complimentary VOD - Added to the customer’s account within 5 business days of sign-up. This takes the form of what we call a "VOD Coupon" on your account that is good for 2 uses, up to an $11.99 value each but does not include live or special events.
Can you please describe how we see this "coupon" on our account ie. where on the website is it visible.

My email from shaw 5 days ago said :

Quote:
Your enrolment reward of two complimentary Video On Demand rentals, as well as the other base program rewards will be applied to your account within 24 hours.
but I can't see any manifestation of this anywhere on the site.

Thanks.
Old 2011-12-10, 01:27 PM   #42
DennyCrane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton
At the moment it looks like the single and double play "friends" are coming out better than the triple play "friends"... VOD discount, Lifetime Warranty... where's the love for the long term triple play customers?
I was just about to say the same thing. It seems that there isn't much incentive to be Triple Play versus Double Play anymore.

That point aside, I'm happy with this. I popped onto the online chat this morning and was answered immediately.
Old 2011-12-12, 11:24 AM   #43
Zod

Maybe they didn't want to alienate double play customers? I think there's a growing trend to ditch landlines (as not to pay a cell phone bill and landline bill). I'm guessing that trend will continue?
Old 2011-12-12, 12:23 PM   #44
bigscreenbob

Has anybody that allready had sunday ticket or center ice received their 15% credit yet? I keep checkin but still nothing.
Old 2011-12-12, 12:56 PM   #45
buckycat

Funny, if it wasn't for this forum I would not have known about this offer. Has anyone seen it advertised?