Thoughts on IOGEAR Wireless USB to HDMI Kit - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Home Theatre Corner

Old 2011-11-25, 10:29 AM   #1
idrive

Default Thoughts on IOGEAR Wireless USB to HDMI Kit

Hey guys !

We are watching more and more (old/missed) tv shows through websites like CTV and Global.

I'm currently running an HDMI cable from my PC to my HDTV but would like something more permanent and why not, wireless.

I see IOGEAR's Wireless HD Computer to TV Kit (GUWAVKIT2) and would like to know if anyone here had any contact with this or similar products ?

I do have a PS3 but cannot get these kind of streaming working via the Sony's browser nor with TVersity (I even tried the PRO version without success).

Now I'm at the point of finding an easy way to send whatever is displayed on my computer screen to my TV. With my current ACER computer I have to unplug the VGA outoput to my screen to free up the HDMI port (aka a PITA).

Any info might help ...

Thanks !
Advertisement

Old 2011-11-25, 10:55 AM   #2
Danno100

Personally, I'd stay away from anything wireless if I wanted reliable HD. Other option I've used is a HDMI splitter (assuming your computer monitor and TV both have HDMI). I do this with my computer to, 1) projector, 2) monitor, and 3) TV. No unplugging or switching required.