No CBC Ontario in Winnipeg - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Communications > Shaw Cable

Old 2011-11-05, 07:52 PM   #1
BBCAN

Default No CBC Ontario in Winnipeg

209 on Shaw was HD CBC Ontario, now it will be the Winnipeg feed and the Leafs are not on... any idea if its on Center ICe tonight. I can't see it listed.
BBCAN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2011-11-05, 08:45 PM   #2
DSgamby
Veteran

No, no CBC games are on CI. You can watch it on cbc.ca
DSgamby is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-11-05, 08:47 PM   #3
taxijim

yeah,where is the leaf game here in Wpg....I didn't get NHL CI to miss Leaf games!!
taxijim is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-11-05, 08:48 PM   #4
taxijim

If not CBC, what about NESN?
Old 2011-11-05, 08:52 PM   #5
DSgamby
Veteran

The game is on CBC so CI can't have any feed.
Old 2011-11-05, 09:07 PM   #6
WetCardboard

Basically Shaw dropped the ball by only having one CBC HD feed in their lineup. Everywhere used to have CBLTD (CBC Toronto HD) until more and more local CBC affiliates converted to HD. Since CBC Winnipeg recently converted to HD (no doubt pushed forward more quickly due to the Jets arrival), Shaw replaced the Toronto affiliate with the Winnipeg one to appease the majority of the people. Yes there are tons of Leafs fans in Winnipeg that are going to be pissed, and you have every right to be. Since CBC has national broadcast rights yet only shows some games regionally, Centre Ice can't pick up the games. Still I blame Shaw and most providers for not making at least a timeshift CBC HD feed or temporary feed available for Saturday nights. I hear MTS ADDED the Winnipeg feed and kept the Toronto feed in tact, so if you want to see the Leafs, switch to MTS. Make sure you let Shaw know why you're switching and maybe they will get their act together. I know I'm beating a dead horse here but this really should NOT be a problem, come on Shaw!
Old 2011-11-05, 10:30 PM   #7
BBCAN

I have emailed Shaw and am looking into switching my entire service over to MTS. Sorry, but no more Leafs on CBC Hockey Night in Canada is unacceptable.
Old 2011-11-05, 11:36 PM   #8
shawguy
Premium Supporter

Location: Winnipeg with MTS Ultimate TV, MTS Lightning 10 & VOIP Phone Service.

They still carry the SD version on channel 79
shawguy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-11-06, 01:22 AM   #9
taxijim

I have to pay extra for channel 79....I ordered NHL CI to get all the Leaf games not on CBC....now I'm not getting the CBC games at all....isn't the purpose of CI to recieve all NHL games which aren't blacked out in your local area? I also will be immediatley changing providers....sick of all the $5.00 increases & recieving less & less of what I want to watch!
Old 2011-11-06, 01:03 AM   #10
BBCAN

Channel 79 is CBC Ontario - Ottawa, it covers Sens games.

I have checked and MTS offer CBC HD Winnipeg on channel 416 while keeping CBC HD - Toronto on 412.

Looks like I have a call to make... see ya shaw, and helow MTS.
Sucks I will have to order CI through another provided - costing $200 - Im sure there is no refund from Shaw
Old 2011-11-06, 06:37 AM   #11
DSgamby
Veteran

Again, CBC is a national broadcaster like TSN. Their games are not considered out of market even if the game is not shown in your region.
Old 2011-11-06, 09:46 PM   #12
andyk

HNIC Replay showed the Leafs game and the Oilers game but for some reason both were in 4:3 format. The HD channel's picture was much better than Channel 2's picture.
Old 2011-11-07, 09:24 AM   #13
Mozza

MTS still carries both CBC HD Winnipeg and CBC HD Toronto... although I believe the Toronto station will be moved into a different package in December... but will still be available.
Mozza is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-11-07, 02:46 PM   #14
h0twired

I for one am happy to see less Toronto Maple Leafs hockey in Winnipeg.
h0twired is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-11-07, 09:22 PM   #15
Zod

I would say its CBC dropping the ball. They have national broadcast rights, which means all of their games are considered local market across the country. Then they go and play them in specific regions.

Centre Ice can't carry them, because CBC already owns the broadcast rights across Canada.

Then people complain that shaw won't carry a 2nd CBC station, which i think its kind of pointless, for only one or two hockey games a week.

I blame CBC. They run regional stations, buy national broadcast rights, so they can't be picked up by out of town fans on centre ice.
Zod is online now   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.