Rob Ford on this hour has 22 minutes (and 911 Profanity) - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > What's On Television?

Old 2011-10-28, 06:06 PM   #31
Michael DeAbreu

Talking

Quote:
People knocking on my door soliciting donations don't show up early in the morning dressed as a warrior with a camera crew.
However, at night is it's called "Halloween"
Advertisement

Old 2011-10-28, 06:27 PM   #32
99gecko
Veteran

^^^ Now that's funny than the actual skit.

As for Ford not claiming to know who she was, that it is a stretch. According the report I heard on 640 AM (Toronto) yesterday morning, CBC attempted to do the skit with Ford's consent. It was only after his (or his office's) adamant refusal that the 22 Minutes crew decided to do an ambush.
99gecko is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-10-28, 06:46 PM   #33
sadchel

The Chief of Police in Toronto just confirmed that Ford did not use the b-word.

Thus, it appears the CBC lied at worst, or ran with a story without evidence at best
Old 2011-10-28, 07:18 PM   #34
Jake

And what did the chief say about the other profanities?
Old 2011-10-28, 07:27 PM   #35
hugh
Member #1

Quote:
The Chief of Police in Toronto just confirmed that Ford did not use the b-word.
This Chief of Police?

Quote:
Toronto PD Chief Bill Blair Smiles as He Admits Lying to Public

Toronto Police Chief Bill Blair admitted that he lied to the public about a secret law that prohibited members of the public from approaching the fence which kept the G20 and its delegates sequestered from the real-life city of Toronto.

Though the law was fictional, police were enforcing it, stopping citizens and searching them, as well as demanding ID. This is not actually legal in Canada. What the law extension really covered was areas within the fences erected for the G20, but, when given an inch, Bill Blair took a mile.
from here

Seriously, without hearing the tapes from all three calls, I wouldn`t believe a thing Bill Blair says.

For the record, Ford admitted to using Profanity including the F word in this calls with 911. He denies using the B word.

I'm not sure how anyone can say the CBC lied, they were simply reporting what 911 operators told them.
Old 2011-10-28, 07:29 PM   #36
NB Josh
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stapler View Post
In the latest ratings
http://bbm.ca/_documents/top_30_tv_p...at10102011.pdf
the show isn't even in the top 30.

So, even if you give the show the same ratings as the 3oth place show, less than 4% of English Canada watches the show.

It they showed up at the end of my driveway it would have been a lot uglier.
I'm not going to bother getting into the political discussion, but...

22 Minutes was a repeat last week (almost every other show was a new episode). That episode pulled in 424, 000 viewers. The last new episode, on October 11, was viewed by 727, 000. Back when Walsh was a regular 10 years ago, it had better ratings than it does now. Suffice to say, a number of Canadians have seen it once even if they don't watch every week.

I've never found Walsh (or any of her characters) funny.
NB Josh is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-10-28, 07:56 PM   #37
james99

After watching the video all I have say is: what a pussy.

Threatened by an old lady with a camera crew.

Where was the daughter that was so terrified?
james99 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-10-28, 09:01 PM   #38
NeilN
Veteran

The only way I'm going to believe Ford is if the tapes are released. He has a history of blatantly lying until he can't avoid addressing the facts any more.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...articlecontent
NeilN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-10-28, 09:31 PM   #39
HDTV101
Veteran

I'm sure if I ran around the streets of Toronto with a "sword" plastic or real... as you can't always tell the difference... I would be arrested and charged with Weapons Dangerous. If I had a plastic gun it's no different... so was it OK for this woman, even if it's a joke, to show up at the Mayors home uninvited with sword?

Really with all the people Ford's pissed off, he really should be thinking of having some personal security protecting himself and family... this might have been a good wake-up call.... even 911 took too long to be effective in his case.

Say that woman really was a nut-job with a real sword ? This is no joking matter... it's down right scary to think about.
HDTV101 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-10-28, 10:29 PM   #40
NeilN
Veteran

Where are all these alternate versions of the episode coming from? I mean, in the version I saw, the only thing Walsh was wielding at Ford was a microphone. Don't think you can get arrested for that (yet).
Old 2011-10-28, 10:32 PM   #41
Jake

Quote:
to show up at the Mayors home uninvited with sword?
Umm there was no sword. She didn't have a fully automatic machine or servered moose head either. But those are darn scary too.

Quote:
This is no joking matter... it's down right scary to think about
Well he was chuckling so even the major recognized it for what it was. Until he got annoyed ... but by then it was too late. The fuse was lit.
Old 2011-10-29, 06:10 AM   #42
Neild
Veteran

Throughout the country, Rob Ford is seen as a fool, and we ponder how he could possibly have been elected. Now a disreputable police chief - himself known for jack-booted over reaction is out there defending abuse of the 9-1-1 service. Give your heads a shake Torontonians.
Neild is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-10-29, 07:43 AM   #43
NeilN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stapler View Post
reading this thread, it is painfully obvious that those who don't support Ford are not going to care what the facts are. Those that oppose Ford are not going to care what the facts are.
Fact: Ford has a history of lying
Fact: Blair has a history of lying
Fact: It was broad daylight when the incident happened, not dark
Fact: The was no child visible in the video
Fact: The 911 mess can be resolved by releasing the tapes

I don't understand what politics has to do with these facts. I also don't understand why my support or opposition of Ford precludes me from caring about them. Not all of us are blinded by ideology.
Old 2011-10-29, 03:07 PM   #44
asif9t9
Veteran

What was he supposed to do if he wasn't interested in playing along with a CBC skit? And oh, by the way, a skit that makes mentioned of his poll ratings (politics). Like, some of you act like playing along with a 22min skit is part of the job. It's not.

He clearly told them to get off his lawn, and they wouldn't. What are you supposed to do?
asif9t9 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-10-29, 03:23 PM   #45
nfitz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadchel View Post
Thus, it appears the CBC lied at worst, or ran with a story without evidence at best
If Ford didn't use the "b" word then surely someone in the Toronto Police force who provided the information to CBC was the liar.

The bigger issue is why Ford is lying so much? Dark? No. Child? No. What kind of man hides behind an invisible 6-year old? And calling 911 because he didn't want to be interviewed, and then swearing at them because the police weren't coming fast enough?

22 Minutes has been doing these pieces with politicians for almost 20 years. Either Ford clearly knew exactly what was going on, or he is the most ignorant politician in the last 20 years.

Perhaps the most disturbing thing, however, was the newspaper he was carrying. USA Today .... who on earth gets USA Today delivered to their door?

Excellent job by Halifax Films of making this guy look like a complete and total loser! Irony is, they didn't even do anything ... had Ford simply just gone back in the house, and done nothing, there would be no story!
nfitz is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.