Rob Ford on this hour has 22 minutes (and 911 Profanity) - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > What's On Television?

Old 2011-10-26, 06:32 PM   #16
Jake

Quote:
It they showed up at the end of my driveway it would have been a lot uglier
Why? I have had drunks acting a lot more threatening but I did not wish to make an ugly scene. People are solicited for donations and religion without having to resort to violence. And as Neil said you would have some splain' to do if you did.

Even if he did not know the show a bit of common sense should have prevailed.
Advertisement

Old 2011-10-26, 09:05 PM   #17
stapler

People knocking on my door soliciting donations don't show up early in the morning dressed as a warrior with a camera crew.

I honestly don't get how anyone thinks that this is acceptable.

I suggest that if it happened to you and your family you would be singing a different tune.
Old 2011-10-26, 10:48 PM   #18
Jake

Nah. I guess we watched a different 22 Minutes episode. She announced who she was in the driveway, not knocking at his door. She is significantly smaller than him too. The "warrior" outfit would only be threatening to those with a sensitivity to loud red costumes and extra large framed glasses. My reaction would be to laugh.

I am willing to bet Marg costumes this Halloween will be sold out across the GTA! Especially in his neighborhood.

Mr. Ford should expect lots of Trick or Treaters this year.
Old 2011-10-26, 11:24 PM   #19
gbamber

This hour has too many minutes.

The Canadian taxpayers are the ones who should be scared of this CBC crap.
Old 2011-10-27, 07:17 AM   #20
asif9t9
Veteran

First off, she's not funny. Not at all.

Second, the whole point of her schtick is to use a funny voice while actually trying to rip into the mayor at 8am. She was actually there to throw out dollar values and whatever.

Third, it's his home, in the morning.

With some of these skits, there's as much to be gained by the politician as the comedy troupe. But let's face it, Ford knew there was nothing here for him. If he knew it was the CBC, he had every right to not be interested in this "political interview".

Oh, and the clip they aired is clearly cut and pasted so the CBC crew looks like it was all fun and games.
Old 2011-10-27, 08:28 AM   #21
hugh
Member #1

Wow, I can't believe people are bringing partisan politics into this silly situation.
Old 2011-10-27, 08:50 AM   #22
Jake

The 911 operators are now complaining about rude and profane behavior from Mr. Ford. That should bode well for him.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...-911-call.html

Also, we can see Mr. Ford chuckling when Mary approaches him. So at what point did he hit the panic button? When she said she came all the way from Newfoundland?
Old 2011-10-27, 08:57 AM   #23
hugh
Member #1

Quote:
Ford called 911 twice: once to asked for police and again to ask how long they would take to get there

Sources say Ford turned on the dispatcher, yelling: "You ... bitches! Don't you f--king know? I'm Rob f--king Ford, the mayor of this city!"
From here

Jake, for the record Rob Ford told reporters that it was dark when he was approached by the costumed people who stopped him from getting into his car.

Quote:
It was dark, Ford told reporters Monday evening, and two people who didn't identify themselves came running out of a car parked outside his home in Etobicoke and stopped him from getting into his car
from here
Old 2011-10-27, 09:27 AM   #24
NeilN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh View Post
Jake, for the record Rob Ford told reporters that it was dark when he was approached by the costumed people who stopped him from getting into his car.
It was dark at 8 a.m. in the morning? Does this guy think about what he's saying before opening his mouth?
Old 2011-10-27, 09:41 AM   #25
Jake

If only we had it on video. Then we could prove that he is not ... umm ... being honest.
Old 2011-10-27, 10:39 AM   #26
hugh
Member #1

Quote:
Does this guy think about what he's saying before opening his mouth?
As I said earlier,

Quote:
While I think the CBC overstepped their bounds a bit on this one, Ford clearly "embellished" things
Again, as I tried to say earlier Ford's distortion of the truth along and now with with his "I'm the F'ing mayor" destroys any sympathy you might have for him.

Had Ford acted rationally and not lied, then I think we all would have complained to the CBC and been quite sympathetic, however, Ford's comments and actions suggest he is a liar and a ego maniacal politician who uses his position to intimidate others.
Old 2011-10-27, 12:43 PM   #27
flaminghomer

As overblown and offensive as his reaction was, it's not at all suprising. This is a man who does not not handle confrontation well, and it was only a matter of time before something made him go ballistic. I wouldn't be surprised if 22 Minutes did this knowing full well they'd get a reaction like that. I also wouldn't criticize them for a second for doing it.

I never watched the show much before, but I might have to start now.
Old 2011-10-27, 02:37 PM   #28
Dioneo
Veteran

When I heard Ford's version of events I was actually siding with the guy. I should have suspected there was more (or less) to it than that.

He has a long history of buffoonish behaviour, so I don't think anyone should be surprised by this.
Old 2011-10-28, 07:18 AM   #29
wantmorehd

I'll agree with the points that they shouldn't show up at his private residence but I really think was over reacting by calling 911.....serious, this isn't an emergency.

Then he is upset that police services weren't dispatched quick enough. Do you think he lays awake at night wonder how slow it might be with any/all the budget cuts he wants. <sarcasm>
Old 2011-10-28, 11:09 AM   #30
worth

Regardless of one's political views, calling 911 because an unwanted television crew shows up at your door is downright irresponsible. Clearly, Ford has no understanding of what "emergency" means. He should be ashamed of himself for tying up emergency services and quite possibly delaying the response to an actual life and death situation.