CLOSED — Shaw Gateway: Code update to iS2 & iS2+ - Page 77 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Communications > Shaw Cable HD tuner and HD PVR Discussion > Shaw Gateway

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-26, 02:25 PM   #1141
sailorickm

Location: Calgary, AB ShawGateway & 3 Portals, Shaw 1TB Expander, Sony 3D KDL-46HX729, HTSF470, 2 BDPS580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
I suspect the difference in upload date is due to the territory we in in.
Good point!

Grover and TechGuy8, if you're not adverse to it, perhaps you could go to the UserCP ("Edit your details" section) and enter your "Location/Where you live"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-02-26, 02:37 PM   #1142
TechGuy8

I am from Calgary. My profile is updated.
Old 2012-02-26, 02:37 PM   #1143
downbeat

sailorickm: That's a great idea. Will update now.
Old 2012-02-26, 02:42 PM   #1144
Reboot

Location: Chilliwack Mountain, Shaw Gateway & 3 Portals, Samsung UN60D8000, BenQ HDDLP, Denon AVR-1712

Time to turn on the DLP and tune into the Canucks game! Thanks for the info!
Go Canucks Go!
Old 2012-02-26, 05:01 PM   #1145
Jetranger
Veteran

Location: Calgary SonyTVs,ShawGateway&6Portals DCX3400&3200, 5ShawExpanders:3WD,Seagate,iOmega Harmony One

1b is the 'latest' load and there has been no other 'update' since it's release back in the late months of 2011. If anyone's boxes didn't update for any reason, that would be the only way they could have the current code 'pushed' to them. We are due for the next one any day now but I still haven't heard anything of a definite nature about it.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:01 AM   #1146
Zippy69

Default Firmware

I have searched on the forum and on the gateway but i cannot not find out how to see what firmware is loaded on the gateway or portal
Old 2012-02-28, 11:29 AM   #1147
sailorickm

Location: Calgary, AB ShawGateway & 3 Portals, Shaw 1TB Expander, Sony 3D KDL-46HX729, HTSF470, 2 BDPS580

To find the software versions:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/show...&postcount=246
Old 2012-02-28, 03:41 PM   #1148
Digilife
Rookie

Has anyone been experiencing video sync issues, like a dropout for a second or two and then the program re sync's? I have this issue where it is most noticable in the evenings and I'm wondering if there might be bandwidth or other issues that cause the dropouts? There doesn't seem to be an issue during the day but of course there is less TV watching happening then?

Thanks
Old 2012-02-29, 03:48 AM   #1149
Arcanum

I have noticed that as well but it seems to coincide with the information bar appearing on the bottom of the screen after changing channels. I am not getting any sync issues if we are just watching a show.
Old 2012-02-29, 05:31 PM   #1150
NCabbyT
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetranger View Post
1b is the 'latest' load and there has been no other 'update' since it's release back in the late months of 2011. If anyone's boxes didn't update for any reason, that would be the only way they could have the current code 'pushed' to them. We are due for the next one any day now but I still haven't heard anything of a definite nature about it.
Yah, I'm getting pretty anxious for the update. If the Dreamscape from Motorola is better, I'll probably be flogging my gateway on Craigslist.
Old 2012-03-01, 10:38 PM   #1151
Grover

Here's my follow up to my post from the weekend about the mysterious update that was pushed out to me (I had the 'b' update previously).

Things were great for about 18 hours. Better than ever with the skipping/fastforwarding. I was really testing it too, lots of button presses with no waiting. There was no freezing or hesitation, super responsive.

Menus in VOD were loading and scrolling very quickly and all show icons were loading almost instantly. I was very impressed and excited that for the first time in the 5 months that I've owned it, my Gateway-Portal system was working as intended.

You notice this is written in the past-tense, right?

We're back to as bad or slightly worse than immediately before the pushed update that may or may not have been an update according to this forum. I'm back to getting gateway communication error messages on the first push of skip or fastforwarding and all the other iffy responsiveness.

It seems that I had no more than very good benefits of an effective power cycle.

Back to square one and calling Shaw again this weekend.

While on the line last week, I asked the rep about the upcoming update and he stated that the only feature that he knew of being added was the ability to toggle between time display and channel display on the front of portals and that his understanding was that it would be more of a bug removal update.

Cheers!
Old 2012-03-02, 10:03 AM   #1152
probc

So with this latest update you received, what version numbers do you have showing now in the Gateway and Portal?
Old 2012-03-03, 04:29 PM   #1153
RobBob

Talking Curling Season Here and All is Good!

WAF extremely high! Record all the games. Watch and zip to the good parts. Replay the awesome hits as many times as she wants. Follow other shows while the games are on and hop back and forth without missing anything.

Life is Good!
Old 2012-03-05, 11:37 AM   #1154
lcann25
Rookie

seems like this forum is slowing down almost to a crawl. Does that mean everyone is fed up and dropping the gateway, or just nothing to report?
Old 2012-03-05, 11:39 AM   #1155
Reboot

Location: Chilliwack Mountain, Shaw Gateway & 3 Portals, Samsung UN60D8000, BenQ HDDLP, Denon AVR-1712

Those of us early opters (I believe) have worked through the major pains and are awaiting the next software update...quiet is good!