Shaw Easy Own Question - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Communications > Shaw Cable

Old 2011-07-19, 05:44 PM   #1
Alyna
Rookie

Default Shaw Easy Own Question

Hey there

I have a question about shaw easy own.

My husband recently got a good paying job, so we want to get the HDPVR through easy own. We got our shaw bill up to date, then went into the store and asked to sign up.

They said that our account has to be paid/up to date for an entire YEAR before we can do the easy own program.

I went to their site and read through EVERYTHING and there is NOTHING in terms of service/use ANYWHERE that says this.

Are they just making up rules? has anybody else here ever done easy own without having a clean 1 year record?

Also, if you know anywhere online where it DOES state this, please give me the link.

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2011-07-20, 09:35 AM   #2
hugh
Member #1

The program means that Shaw is extending you credit. It sounds like you have been behind in some of your payments so there is concern over whether you will pay.

I imagine your only alternative would be to save and buy the unit outright.

Sorry couldn't be more help.
Old 2011-07-20, 12:47 PM   #3
trask

At the end of the day it's Shaw property and they can do what they want with it. Not a great answer I know, but that's the reality of your situation. Another way you could go about it is to check on a site like Kijiji or something like that, and see if you can buy one privately at a cheaper cost(make sure you check the serial number with shaw before completing the purchase however as there is another thread on here showing what can happen if you don't). Failing that if you have a credit card you can also purchase one at Future shop/Best Buy and pay off the credit card the way you would an easy own through Shaw.
Old 2011-07-22, 11:17 PM   #4
Shaw Guru
Veteran

Location: BC. Shaw Cable, 42" Samsung DLP, 6416 w/expander & DCX3400

I have also read through the terms on Shaw.ca and unfortunately can not find any fine print related to this specifically. I can acknowledge though that this is part of the program. Customer's wishing to use the Sahe Easy Own option are required to have 1 year of good credit history, must go on pre-authorized payment and when the account for the Shaw Easy Own (a 2nd account is created) it must also go on automatic electronic billing (ebilling) for all statements.

I apologize for the tardiness of this reply but I have been working a lot of extra hours recently on the phones trying to help reduce call wait times for calls coming into the office.

Tags
pvr, shaw cable