How to get the most out of the Sony Welcome Back Program. - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > Video Game Consoles and PC Gaming

Old 2011-06-09, 12:03 PM   #16
jgvp

It has just dawned on me that I hope no one responds by posting the Sony instructions on here but would use the private message approach as that would be in keeping with Sony's aims to thwart the hackers. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2011-06-09, 01:11 PM   #17
tux

Have you tried calling PSN customer service? Maybe they might be able to help you.
Old 2011-06-09, 01:27 PM   #18
TKG26
Veteran

Sorry i forgot to post back how i fixed my issue... Silly sony does not really spell it all out for us when we are trying to get at the stuff.

After your done in the store picking out your goodies nothing happens. The next step is as follows:Go to the XMB and under the PlayStation Network , go to Account Management>Transaction Management>Services List>SCEA Promotions to download the game for that first slot." Do this till you get it all downloaded. took me two trips in there
Old 2011-06-09, 01:53 PM   #19
jgvp

Would you believe Sony does NOT provide a phone number. All is done on the Web. For instance I came across this URL:

http://us.playstation.com/support/an....htm?a_id=2366

and thought I was finally home free. Guess what ? I went through the routine only to be met with a screen that claimed the site was down for maintenance, and I tried it again a second time, same result.

Thanks for your suggestion nevertheless.
Old 2011-06-09, 02:17 PM   #20
jgvp

Incidentally, I finally traced a 800 phone # on the "Contact Support" site and there is also an e-mail address as well. Their response time for e-mails is 32-42 hours. At this rate, I wonder what the "on hold" time will be if and when I phone.
Old 2011-06-10, 11:59 AM   #21
normancw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG26 View Post
Sorry i forgot to post back how i fixed my issue... Silly sony does not really spell it all out for us when we are trying to get at the stuff.

After your done in the store picking out your goodies nothing happens. The next step is as follows:Go to the XMB and under the PlayStation Network , go to Account Management>Transaction Management>Services List>SCEA Promotions to download the game for that first slot." Do this till you get it all downloaded. took me two trips in there
This also works for the PSP. I had selected 2 games, but only managed to download one of them before I got disconnected form the store. When I reconnected, I was not able to download the other game. Using this method, I downloaded my other game.

Thanks so much for the tip!

BTW, the multiple account process doesn't work on the PSP - you can only have 1 account on the PSP. You can't log in with another account without resetting your PSP.
Old 2011-06-14, 09:27 AM   #22
jgvp

[QUOTE]Their response time for e-mails is 32-42 hours. At this rate, I wonder what the "on hold" time will be if and when I phone. /QUOTE]

Good old SONY. Five whole days later and still no response from their CONTACT SUPPORT. I dread being forced to get on their phone-in treadmill at this rate.
Old 2011-06-17, 01:10 PM   #23
Slax

Being a cheapskate with very few games for my PS3, I was excited to think I could get some free games. Then I saw the download size of Infamous (7 GB) and realized that with my rogers ultra lite internet service, this would cost $35 due to my dl limit ($5/GB over the 2GB limit which I usually meet and exceed slightly each month).
Old 2011-06-17, 01:51 PM   #24
TKG26
Veteran

^ oh crap that sucks. Bring it over to a friends place or scan for an open wifi connection in your home maybe a neighbors is open for a 7gig pull (jokes)
Old 2011-06-17, 02:06 PM   #25
Gord Lacey
Veteran

Holy ****! Rogers charges you $5/GB?!