How to get the most out of the Sony Welcome Back Program. - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > Video Game Consoles and PC Gaming

Old 2011-06-04, 10:50 AM   #1
eimaj

Default How to get the most out of the Sony Welcome Back Program.

If you had multiple accounts before the outage, you will be able to get more of the Welcome Back gifts. For instance, I have a regular, UK and Racing account. I downloaded Wipeout and Dead Nation with my regular account and Ratchet and Clack (offered in the UK) with my UK account (I would have downloaded more but I own Infamous and LBP). I have yet to try this with Playstation Plus, but I am hoping to get 90 days worth of it instead of the pittance of 30 days Sony offered up.

Sometimes it is the little things that make you happy
Advertisement

Old 2011-06-04, 01:08 PM   #2
TorontoColin

You could download LBP and Infamous and then trade in your hard copies for new games.
Old 2011-06-04, 03:19 PM   #3
eimaj

True but they are pretty much worthless as trade ins now.
Old 2011-06-04, 10:41 PM   #4
tux

To get full advantage of the Welcome Back offer, you definitely need 2 PSN accounts, preferably from different regions, that would have had to be active before the outage.

Don't forget the Welcome Back offer also includes a PSN Movie weekend. The "ON US" Movie weekend is going on now, and it seems to have different movies in each region. Canada has Click, Hitch, and Underworld:Evolution. US accounts are getting Ghostbusters, Final Fantasy: Spirits Within, and Bad Boys. UK gets Final Fantasy, Resident Evil: Degeneration, and House of the Dead 2, with other movies being offered in other countries. These movies are rentals, and can be watched anytime within 30 days from time of download, or 48 hours from start of playback.

Also, take advantage of the free PS+ offer. You can keep the free themes, avatars, and wallpapers. You also get free games for 30 days (length of the PS+), 60 minute game trials, and discounts on others.

As well, the WB offer gives you 100 free items, a couple personal spaces, and a game for PS Home, if you use the service. If you have a PSN account from outside Canada, you can also get Qriocity music service free for a month.
Old 2011-06-05, 10:45 PM   #5
kumanzc

Anyone know what will be on offer in Japan as I have a Japanese account if I can remember which e-mail account it was hooked to.
Old 2011-06-06, 12:25 AM   #6
tux

I don't think the Welcome Back offer is available in Japan yet. Their PSN restoral was delayed and the June 2 press release said
Quote:
Details of "Welcome Back" package program offered to all registered PlayStation Network* and Qriocity account services will be announced from each region.

Announcement for restoration in Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea as well as for the remaining services on Qriocity [other than Music Unlimited] will be made as they become available.
Old 2011-06-06, 01:39 PM   #7
Inzane

What is the offering for *new* sign-ups?

I was never registered on PSN prior to the debacle.
Old 2011-06-06, 04:00 PM   #8
tux

Nothing. The Welcome Back offer is a peace offering to PSN users who were affected by the outage, and had their personal information exposed. Besides, if the offer was available to new accounts, everybody would just create an extra PSN account so they can have all the free games.
Old 2011-06-06, 11:23 PM   #9
TKG26
Veteran

well i signed in tonight to download the free bees..... somehow nothing downloaded???
Old 2011-06-07, 04:47 PM   #10
iggy_1923

Same problem here. I logged in on Sunday and nothing downloaded.
Old 2011-06-07, 06:26 PM   #11
GrimJack

Did you go to the store and check out the 'welcome back' area?
Old 2011-06-07, 07:01 PM   #12
rawd

Had this in mind since they announced the Welcome Back package. Grabbed all games between the European and NA stores combined. Hope Japan gets some cool games, my Japanese account is itching to leech some free game-age
Old 2011-06-09, 10:51 AM   #13
jgvp

Well, I have to say that I can't possibly expect to get the most, or for that matter, even anything out of this outage for as far as I am concerned the outage still remains, for me anyway.

The problem is that Sony sent the instructions on how to change your password to ....@msn.com and not the e-mail address they use on a daily basis to send me the PlayStation Blog. I have a faint idea how that @msn.com address came about at the beginning, but it is an e-mail address that I NEVER use, and no e-mails are presently residing there. I have made two attempts to contact PlayStation via their Blog, but so far to no avail.

Considering the backlog that must present itself to Sony at this moment in time, I doubt very much if this matter will ever be resolved soon for me to take advantage of the Sony offers. If anyone here can brief me on what the instructions were to be able to amend their passwords ( and in my case the e-mail address,) that may help to extricate me from this predicament. Thanks.
Old 2011-06-09, 11:07 AM   #14
Dioneo
Veteran

Maybe you already tried this? If you update the PS3's firmware to the latest version, and then sign in to the PSN, it will automatically prompt you to change your password.
Old 2011-06-09, 11:41 AM   #15
jgvp

Yep, Dioneo, and that's as far as I can proceed. I've even tried the just changing the password by myself approach and that doesn't work but I realise the reason behind it, for it is to protect against unauthorised alteration by some hacker. But thanks anyway.