TiVo / Cablecard and Cogeco - working (or maybe not) - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Cogeco

Old 2012-02-01, 07:40 PM   #31
choney
Rookie

Has anyone else tried activating a CableCARD in the last few weeks? I've made 3 attempts and can't seem to get them to even try to send a signal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-02-05, 03:56 PM   #32
oups7777
Rookie

Tried this morning twice, first time the girl accept to give it a try but she never received a confirmation from the card so she deleted the SN from my accout leaving me with only the channel list and some channel unencrypted working. Second time, the guy ask me if it's a cablecard and refused to activate it saying that cogeco don't support it ;( I'll try again tomorrow and hope it will work.
Old 2012-02-08, 07:00 PM   #33
choney
Rookie

The second person sounds like the first person I talked to. He was very abrupt and wanted to know details of where I purchased it, etc. He made it sound like I was trying to do something illegal. The next rep I talked to mentioned there was a note on my file the next time I called, explaining the SN was a cablecard and was not supported.

I've called about 5 times since then ( I bought a dct6200 and needed that many calls to get it working - so I asked them at the end of each call about activating the SN) with no luck. They were however, much more polite than the first guy. They would pass me on to their colleague to enter the Serial number, but that second person always seemed to recognize it as a cablecard and tell me they could not add it to the system.
Old 2012-03-10, 07:53 AM   #34
plutoz

Well I was really encouraged when I found this thread, but after reading the last few posts not so much. Was really hoping to get CableCard working with a Ceton InfinitV or HDHomeRun Prime but now I don't know if I want to waste my time trying. I guess this is what Cogeco wants, sigh.
Old 2012-10-25, 05:06 PM   #35
Onknight
Rookie

Cogeco want use there Boxes it that Simple..

I rather use a cAble card but tha hassle is way too much

Tags
cablecard, cogeco, tivo