DCX3400 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Rogers Communications > Rogers Cable - Atlantic Canada

Old 2011-04-15, 09:55 AM   #1
crazyhawk

Default DCX3400

Figured i would through this out there, Rogers has offically launched the DCX3425 as of this morning in NB and NFLD (just found this out frm a CSR). Don't know how many they have in the first shipment but atleast they have them and they went with the 250GB same as East Link.

(quote from motorola)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description

The DCX3400 is a digital video recorder (DVR) with dual 1 GHz video tuners and support for both MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC HD decode.

The all-digital DCX3400 includes the updated audio and video output interfaces, together with HDMI« and Award Winning Dolby« Digital Plus audio. Our optional MoCA« Home Networking component enables the DCX3400-M set-top to serve as a media hub within a connected home environment.

An embedded DOCSIS« 2.0 cable modem provides support for DSG and downstream channel bonding.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features
Enhanced Video Tuning

•1 GHz digital-video tuner supports future plant expansion, enabling operators to increase the number of available channels

Tru2way«/OpenCable Application Platform (OCAP)

•Enables next-generation interactive services and applications with an industry-standard, open platform for application developers

Advanced Video Decoding

•High definition MPEG-4 AVC optimizes bandwidth in content delivery without loss of content quality

Advanced Audio Decoding

•Dolby Digital Plus increases the number of separate sound channels from 5.1 to 7.1 with improved quality and flexibility

Whole Home Networking

•MoCA 1.1 (optional) enables high-speed (up to 175 Mbps) delivery of rich media content throughout the home using existing coax wiring

New Version High-Definition Multimedia Interface

•Next-generation HDMI upgradable through future software release to enable future improvements such as: more depth and range of color for high definition TV, master-quality lossless audio formats and automatic audio synching (lip sync)

and on a side note it is apperantly 3D Ready (not meaning we will get 3D though lol)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2011-04-15, 11:26 AM   #2
lajohn27

The units available in Fredericton are 'for sale' units only - not rental units and they are $449.00 according to the nice guy on the phone.
Old 2011-04-15, 04:32 PM   #3
Bordak

I called around, rental and purchase units are available in St John's, NL. The CSR I spoke to said the rest of the province will have them on Monday.
Old 2011-04-16, 03:38 PM   #4
crazyhawk

i talked to a few stores and they all seem to say Tuesday for rentals
Old 2011-04-16, 04:40 PM   #5
lajohn27

Thanks CrazyHawk ! My current older style unit, the HDMI audio cuts out intermittently on some programs for no good reason. This is the third unit I've had and I've replaced the cables and all that jazz.

I'm hoping I don't experience that with the 3400..
Old 2011-04-16, 08:59 PM   #6
crazyhawk

weird what model you got now? i am not aware of any Motorola DCT HDMI audio issue's...
Old 2011-04-16, 10:23 PM   #7
lajohn27

DCT6416 III /

Specifically.. if the HDMI audio in the ROM menu is set to 'PASS THRU' then I get the multichannel signal but drop outs from time to time.. initially I thought the drops were in the recording/PVR .. but going back over the same spot the drop outs don't always happen as they would recorded.

If the HDMI audio is set to L-PCM then no drop outs but I get L + R only..

I'm just renting this box so I am in no way married to it. It might be some weird confluence of the gear I've got everything going thru .. but if a box swap solves it - great. If not, I'm no further behind..
Old 2011-04-18, 05:54 PM   #8
lajohn27

Ok - so I picked up a rental unit today.. they apparently came in this morning.

I have no idea if it solves my problem or not.. because Roger's activated it and then promptly disconnected all my services at this address.

Apparently there is some glitch in their systems when you have a move order pending and then switch cable boxes. Yeah.

Right now.. I'm told I *might* have TV back in 24 to 48 hours. As you might imagine, I'd like to tell Rogers where they can "move" that "service" to... but ...

Honest to god, if I could just choose ANY other provider in these apartment complexes.. I would.

Grr...
Old 2011-04-18, 06:22 PM   #9
crazyhawk

are you moving soon? cause if not to soon they can just cancel your move order, add the box the do it again... might have to fight but they can do it cause i had this happen to me before. second i asked for a supervisor magically it was fixed...
Old 2011-04-18, 07:28 PM   #10
lajohn27

ok.. so the move order - we just cancelled that all together cause that was messing stuff up...

the FIRST time we rebuilt my service profile and everything from scratch.. THIS box was working and authorized for about 25 minutes..

NOW.. they tell me the serial # on the box doesn't match what they are continually 'hitting' from their end AND the serial of this box that I have and picked up from the Rogers Video store.. isn't in their inventory to allocate to my account so they can't activate it..

REALLY??? Lord.. I give up.. NO TV for me tonight.. and I'm not happy.

The fact this box WORKED tells me someone ... somewhere... knows what's happening here.. But unfortunately whoever that is - I can't reach them at Rogers cable.

I withdraw my earlier comment about being 'no further behind' ... LOL
Old 2011-04-18, 07:36 PM   #11
crazyhawk

what are the first 2 characters of the serial? i bought a box and my serial starts with 2 letters instead of a letter and a number
Old 2011-04-18, 07:36 PM   #12
shale000
Rookie

I have mine up and running but it's having trouble with ROD ... Canadiens game is fine though
Old 2011-04-18, 07:39 PM   #13
crazyhawk

shale call and ask them to "initialize" the box. It forces the code update on the box which in turn fixes the ROD (its a known issue) but you will be with out tv for about 15-25 min so may want to do it after the game lol
Old 2011-04-18, 07:57 PM   #14
lajohn27

The Host SN starts with M1

The MCARD SN starts with MA

I've been repeatedly told they were only interested in the HOST SN.
Old 2011-04-18, 08:31 PM   #15
crazyhawk

Donno what to tell ya. Maybe try to talk to Moncton cable repair and ask them lol they usually know more than customer service but I know it is the MA they need because it's a hybrid.