Bell TV Pricing and Programming Packages Discussion - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Satellite TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-29, 10:40 AM   #1
momailhot
Rookie

Default Bell TV Pricing and Programming Packages Discussion

Hello,

Bell have updated its Programming Guide

They are dated March 1st but they were publish recently (less than a few days ago, maybe today).

Quebec french: http://www.bell.ca/web/tv/fr/qc/pdfs...s/channels.pdf
Québec english: http://www.bell.ca/web/tv/en/qc/pdfs...s/channels.pdf
Ontario french: http://www.bell.ca/web/tv/fr/on/pdfs...s/channels.pdf
Ontario english: http://www.bell.ca/web/tv/en/on/pdfs...s/channels.pdf

All others region french: http://www.bell.ca/web/tv/fr/all_reg...annels_roc.pdf
All others region english: http://www.bell.ca/web/tv/en/all_regions/pdfs/channels/channels_roc.pdf

Last edited by momailhot; 2011-03-29 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Error in link for All others region english
momailhot is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2011-03-29, 10:45 AM   #2
hugh
Member #1

Replaces our Bell TV Pricing and Programming Packages Discussion December 2010 discussion
Old 2011-03-29, 10:57 AM   #3
Dr.Dave

Default Correction

All others region english: http://www.bell.ca/web/tv/en/all_reg...annels_roc.pdf
Dr.Dave is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-03-29, 11:26 AM   #4
Panache70

Looks like nothing new in Quebec except OWN is available A LA CARTE.

Wish they would figure out how to get WSBK HD, SPEED and NFL Network A LA CARTE.

Not sure how they get away with charging Ontario 20$ for the Premium Movies pack while Quebec pays 13$...
Panache70 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-04-01, 02:22 PM   #5
gotdrew
Rookie

anyone have any luck with asking for a discount on sports packages like extra innings? I've been with bell for years and would like to get a loyalty discount, but i'm not sure how to ask...
gotdrew is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-04-01, 04:09 PM   #6
Mic70

Default Sports Packages

I called and asked for a discount because Rogers in my area offered $30/mnth for all sports packages. This would be $360 for the year and through Bell NHL and NFL would be over $400 for the year. I was told they do not discount the packages but offered me 20% of my total monthly bill for a year which amount to about $240. Still not as good a deal as Rogers but I accepted.
Mic70 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-04-01, 08:59 PM   #7
gotdrew
Rookie

yeah, that's the same deal I was offered too. (on the overall bill, not any sports packages)
gotdrew is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-04-01, 10:41 PM   #8
Boca Junior

Kind of a cross-thread question here. If this is the updated Bell line-up, does it follow that they have no intention of adding new channels in the near future? After all why issue an updated line up if it was going to change in 2 or 3 weeks?

just wondering.
Boca Junior is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-04-02, 10:16 AM   #9
Pinza
Veteran

Quote:
why issue an updated line up if it was going to change in 2 or 3 weeks?
That is because one hand at Bell have no idea what the other is doing.
Pinza is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-04-03, 11:02 PM   #10
aa_aa

Default HD Channels

I am positive this has been asked before, maybe even by myself but what is the minimum I have to subscribe to in order to get all the HD channels.?

I know at one time you had to have TSN sd package to get the HD but does this still apply?

Last edited by 57; 2011-04-04 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Moved to existing thread.
aa_aa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-04-11, 05:08 PM   #11
msgohan

Question

Hi, I'm a new member.

The link for "all other regions English" is still pointing to fr; I would post the correct link if I could but I'm sure you can see the error.

I've got two hopefully simple questions: Firstly, is there any way to get Télétoon Rétro as part of an English package? It's part of French Basic; I take it this is mutually exclusive to the English Basic.

And secondly, how does one acquire the "additional hardware required" for certain channels? The asterisk is wonderfully vague but I assume this is an LNBF and/or switch to access satellite 82. Right now we can only get a subset of SD channels using one 2-cable LNBF on a Y arm.
msgohan is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-04-11, 07:47 PM   #12
Pinza
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgohan View Post
And secondly, how does one acquire the "additional hardware required" for certain channels? The asterisk is wonderfully vague but I assume this is an LNBF and/or switch to access satellite 82. Right now we can only get a subset of SD channels using one 2-cable LNBF on a Y arm.
you are correct you will require an additional LNBF and an SW21, for a single tuner to get you the 82 signals.

These are normally supplied and installed for free by Bell TV if you call to subscribe to any Channel from 82 degrees. If you want a DIY approach, the well known On-Line Auction site has everything you will need.

If you spot something on there that you think is what you need, feel free to PM me with the link I will check it out for you.
Pinza is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-04-24, 08:31 PM   #13
msgohan

Thanks. I also found the answer to my other question. Télétoon Rétro French is part of the "French Networks" add-on to the English package for $2 per month. Good stuff.
msgohan is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2011-04-30, 09:36 AM   #14
Anubis

Question

I noticed today that the pricing of packages on their website for NS are all $10 lower. This is obviously a error as I have not heard of a price decrease. The PDF of the programming brochure still shows the normal prices?
Old 2011-04-30, 10:02 AM   #15
MaxHeadroom

A lot of the pricing on Bell's website assumes a $10 discount for bundling multiple services. Do you see any asterisks?
MaxHeadroom is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.